Rebuild or No Rebuild?

BayRaider

Rebuild or No Rebuild?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rebuild or No Rebuild?

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You have to give Carr this year to figure out if it's worth it. If he gets to the playoffs and plays well in them, no reason to let him go. If he doesn't, then you think about making a change. But IMO only if you can get Rodgers/Wilson/Watson (assuming he's innocent).

I agree with this. If he plays well Nov/Dec and leads the team to the playoffs there is no reason to let him go. 

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You have to give Carr this year to figure out if it's worth it. If he gets to the playoffs and plays well in them, no reason to let him go. If he doesn't, then you think about making a change. But IMO only if you can get Rodgers/Wilson/Watson (assuming he's innocent).

For me it's simple: Carr is a really good quarterback not every team is guaranteed one of those. That being said if we're in a position to get a better quarterback(in other words we end up picking top-five because our team sucks and there's a quarterback that actually fits the description of a franchise quarterback in the draft) then I'm down. It's just that the chances are we're not gonna be picking top-five and most drafts contain fools gold quarterbacks the end up getting picked way higher than they should because of what they're able to do in shorts. Im good off that

• Like 2

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I wish people would stop the "close to MVP level" comments with Carr. There is no close to MVP. You either consistently bring it week in and week out, or you don't. The biggest issue with Carr is he will lay an absolute egg at times. Not just, oh he had a bad game. He will be a complete mess. 

Until Carr shows he can carry the team in Nov. and Dec, he's not close to anything but a Cousins, Stafford, Ryan level QB. 

Fair enough, but then I’d wish people would stop saying we have to copy the rams draft strategy of trading 1st “because all they do is win period”

you either win the Super Bowl or do not. 
there is no they almost won. You either bring it in the super bowl or go soft and score 3 points because you have no depth. 

the rams have not won with McVay, and you can’t say all they do is win, when they’ve never won a Super Bowl. Sorry.

seems very similar to saying almost mvp IMO. 

That said, I do agree with the overall point Big P, and I admit Carr has bad games. I do think a better overall team will help him. 

agreed also on this year we will really learn a lot. Would love to see Carr really take control of this O and lead us early in games and into Dec /Jan playing good ball. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

That said, I do agree with the overall point Big P, and I admit Carr has bad games. I do think a better overall team will help him. 

agreed also on this year we will really learn a lot. Would love to see Carr really take control of this O and lead us early in games and into Dec /Jan playing good ball. 

This team has all the pieces to make a run. Will they? That’s up to Carr, the OL, and the LB/interior DL. 

• Like 1