Will the Gruden "resignation" begin a mass exodus ?

11 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Less materialism alone would go a long way towards solving a whole host of problems.

Are young people really all that materialistic these days?  That's one of the things I admire about them compared to my generation.  When I was 15, I got a job in the summer because I couldn't wait to get out there and earn some money and start spending it like crazy.  It seems like a lot of younger people don't have a real desire for that kind of thing.  I've heard that a growing number of them don't even care about getting their driver's license until they are 18 or even older.  This is a very different mindset than we had 40 years ago, but in a way, it is refreshing too.  It's nice to think they value things more than we "yuppies" did back in the 80's.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Are young people really all that materialistic these days?  That's one of the things I admire about them compared to my generation.  When I was 15, I got a job in the summer because I couldn't wait to get out there and earn some money and start spending it like crazy.  It seems like a lot of younger people don't have a real desire for that kind of thing.  I've heard that a growing number of them don't even care about getting their driver's license until they are 18 or even older.  This is a very different mindset than we had 40 years ago, but in a way, it is refreshing too.  It's nice to think they value things more than we "yuppies" did back in the 80's.

Eh, I don't know.  I probably take it too far the other way, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

20 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm a millennial and all I want is a place of my own. 31 without a degree.

13 hours ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I'm a millennial and all I want is a place of my own. 31 without a degree.

Check out an organization that I used for my current mortgage.  www.naca.com

I owned a mortgage company for almost 10 years and back then I wouldn't have been able to touch what I got through NACA.  They have some extra red tape, but their loan programs are outstanding.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on them.

Anyway, back to football...  :)

On 10/16/2021 at 1:31 AM, Uncle Buck said:

It's fair easier to get money now (just make a youtube channel where you prank people in public, thousands of subsribers and revenue!) but things are much much more expensive now. Did you pay $6 or 7 for a beer when you were going to bars in your 20s? House prices are a joke etc. I dunno though, people do seem to need nice things still. 

Yes, back to football, ahem.