Will the Gruden "resignation" begin a mass exodus ?

RaidersAreOne

At this point you have to wonder will Shefter retaliate or not? You know he’s got to have some Aces up his sleeve after all these years covering the NFL, and if he feels like the NFL or whoever is coming after him then what all could he expose about others? This is going to keep getting bigger and bigger, people wanting to throw others under the bus before that person can do the same to them.

Can anyone tell me who is running the investigation on the Washington Football team about workplace misconduct and the 650,000 emails? Could the U.S Government get involved if they want to?

Several emails between Allen and journalists are part of the filing too. In one of them from July 2011, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter sent Allen the draft of an unpublished story that was published later the same day.
“Please let me know if you see anything that should be added, changed, tweaked,” Schefter wrote. “Thanks, Mr. Editor, for that and the trust. Plan to file this to espn about 6 am ….”

Fire this dude.

1 minute ago, ReggieCamp said:

I guess I don't see the big problem with the Schefter thing.

It's pretty common practice for journalists to allow the subjects to review a story before it's published. It's a little cringy that he called him "Mr. Editor" but it's certainly not illegal or even immoral.

I'm assuming if he was actively sharing stories with him before publishing them, he is also playing a part in covering up the 150 employees accusing the team of sexual harassment. Schefter is absolutely spineless and has zero journalistic integrity. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'm assuming if he was actively sharing stories with him before publishing them, he is also playing a part in covering up the 150 employees accusing the team of sexual harassment. Schefter is absolutely spineless and has zero journalistic integrity. 

He may very well be. I'm just saying that if Bruce Allen was a primary source for a story he was about to publish, then it's just good practice to let that source read it beforehand.

It may come out that Schefter did one or many slimey/illegal things, but I'm not sure that this email is one of them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

He may very well be. I'm just saying that if Bruce Allen was a primary source for a story he was about to publish, then it's just good practice to let that source read it beforehand.

It may come out that Schefter did one or many slimey/illegal things, but I'm not sure that this email is one of them.

Im with you here. Its part of maintaining sources to give them right of refusal on stories they are the source of. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Im with you here. Its part of maintaining sources to give them right of refusal on stories they are the source of. 

But is there any integrity in helping cover up arguably the biggest sexual misconduct story in the history of the NFL? Especially when this weasel was so happy to be the first one breaking the news on Gruden.

10 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I guess I don't see the big problem with the Schefter thing.

It's pretty common practice for journalists to allow the subjects to review a story before it's published. It's a little cringy that he called him "Mr. Editor" but it's certainly not illegal or even immoral.

agreed - I don't understand where people are coming from with this

If he's burying truly damning stories about abuse or any of the "isms" involved - that's a serious, serious issue, but if it's just generally dropping a story and asking if there are things he didn't want to become public, that surely is normal practice. A major part of Schefter's job is helping get the information out that the teams want to get out, and protecting their privacy in internal matters.

I don't think there's anything to be in arms about with Schefter based specifically on that tweet

6 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Let the rest of the 650,000 emails go public so we can all find out together. As someone that spent a good sum of money to be a season ticket holder in Vegas this is such a slap in the face from the league. They've had these emails for over a year yet waited until week 5 to leak it and absolutely destroy the season/product for the fans that just spent over half a billion dollar's on PSL's to support the team and league. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But is there any integrity in helping cover up arguably the biggest sexual misconduct story in the history of the NFL? Especially when this weasel was so happy to be the first one breaking the news on Gruden.

you are making MAJOR assumptions 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

IF that is the thing he allowed Allen to edit out, then yes. But do you really think Schefter is saying "Hey, I've included all your racist and abusive stuff.. should I keep in or edit?"

That sort of thing is surely more about whether to release trade, player, injury, information etc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

agreed - I don't understand where people are coming from with this

If he's burying truly damning stories about abuse or any of the "isms" involved - that's a serious, serious issue, but if it's just generally dropping a story and asking if there are things he didn't want to become public, that surely is normal practice. A major part of Schefter's job is helping get the information out that the teams want to get out, and protecting their privacy in internal matters.

I don't think there's anything to be in arms about with Schefter based specifically on that tweet

I'm sure he didn't report a lot of things that "Mr. Editor" didn't want public. But the only way we can know for sure is if all the emails are released. They had no issue releasing Gruden's emails, so there should be no issue releasing Schefter's. It's that simple, they need to have some respect for the integrity of the game.