Will the Gruden "resignation" begin a mass exodus ?

RaidersAreOne

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'm sure he didn't report a lot of things that "Mr. Editor" didn't want public. But the only way we can know for sure is if all the emails are released. They had no issue releasing Gruden's emails, so there should be no issue releasing Schefter's. It's that simple, they need to have some respect for the integrity of the game.

I don't see why the league would take down Gruden and not Schefter is both had incriminating stuff

We don't need to force release email of every single important person everywhere

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

you are making MAJOR assumptions 

I spent thousands of dollars to be a season ticket holder in Las Vegas. The NFL essentially just ruined the entire season/product for our fanbase when they could've released Gruden's emails months before the season and thus given us, the fans that spent half a billion dollars, a chance to receive a refund. The first Gruden emails that leaked weren't extremely bad, the rest were. I think it's safe to assume that Schefter has a lot more dirt in his emails and they need to be released or this was literally a one man witch hunt against Gruden and the Raiders organization.

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I don't see why the league would take down Gruden and not Schefter is both had incriminating stuff

We don't need to force release email of every single important person everywhere

Because Rodger Goddell had a personal vendetta against Gruden and wanted to embarrass him. Did you see the comments he made about Rodger? He was dead set on destroying Gruden's reputation and our season. Why not release this before the year so the team could've been prepared. I have zero issue with it being released or Gruden being fired, he deserved to be. I have a major issue with it happening 5 weeks into the season after spending so much damn money on tickets.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I spent thousands of dollars to be a season ticket holder in Las Vegas. The NFL essentially just ruined the entire season/product for our fanbase when they could've released Gruden's emails months before the season and thus given us, the fans that spent half a billion dollars, a chance to receive a refund. The first Gruden emails that leaked weren't extremely bad, the rest were. I think it's safe to assume that Schefter has a lot more dirt in his emails and they need to be released or this was literally a one man witch hunt against Gruden and the Raiders organization.

I think you need to take a breath and re-focus your energies

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

not much to debate here when you admittedly are basing your stance on assumptions

Well isn't there one way to find out? Release the rest of his emails. For me it's annoying/personal because I made a significant financial investment into the team/league with my PSL's when I wouldn't have, if the league would've been transparent about the story from the beginning. 

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I think you need to take a breath and re-focus your energies

It really is just unbelievable. Again, I have no issues with Gruden being fired and do not support him or his comments at all. I'm just baffled that the league waited so long to make it public after collecting half a billion dollars from our fanbase on PFL sales. It's a slap in the face of the customers and people that support the league/Raiders organization. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Well isn't there one way to find out? Release the rest of his emails. For me it's annoying/personal because I made a significant financial investment into the team/league with my PSL's when I wouldn't have, if the league would've been transparent about the story from the beginning. 

I definitely agree this should all be released. 

Do you think the Raider's season is really ruined? I feel like Gruden was holding them back a bit. 

• Like 1

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Do you think the Raider's season is really ruined? I feel like Gruden was holding them back a bit. 

It could go either way, I personally didn't even like Gruden and wanted him fired last year. But the fact that this bombshell story dropped 5 weeks into the season and created so much controversy around our team will likely have a negative effect on us the rest of the year. Like I've said there's no place for that in football. I am just so pissed off about the timing. I had the opportunity to receive a refund for my season tickets before the season started and would've taken it if this information was public then. But now I'm locked into the tickets and PSL when the product will more likely than not be significantly worse the rest of the year so even if I sell my tickets I'll probably be lucky to break even. It's just really a slap in the face to everyone that helped fund the stadium.

Did the league really "leak" these emails (from the higher ups). Or did a random dude leak it?

I'm guessing random dude.

My guess is that the league didn't want ANY of this to hit the light of day, including the Gruden stuff.

I'm sure they don't want to release all the other emails either. They'll have to be legally forced, I'm guessing. Or all it takes is one disgruntled employee...

Maybe they'll find the spygate tapes while they're at it.

For me, the issue isn't around one tweet or one topic.

Its the quid pro quo nature of these relationships that poop on journalistic integrity. Schefter and his ilk trade info and favors all the time. They'll happily put out a story that helps their contacts and frames issues in a favorable light. Schefter is happy to be a mouthpiece for Allen and other front office guys in exchange for info. That's where things get pretty muddy. He has to give something back - and often times that something is shady.

I don't listen to Schefter, because I know he's a whore who feathers his own nest and there really isn't a line he won't cross. The stuff with JPP was appalling, lead to a lawsuit and a person losing his job at the hospital. Schefter gets off scot-free. I have a problem with that behavior

Unfortunately, there are millions who don't understand how the NFL media sausage is made -  and people, fans and players can all be hurt by his whoring.
Its not illegal, but its not right either given the platform he has developed and the responsibility to use it judiciously. But he doesn't

Schefter will happily say anything in order to generate clicks & engagement or to repay a favor - its no different than being behind with a loan shark. You don't want to be beholden to bad people- and the quid pro quo nature of these relationships is exactly that - a popular "reporter" owing favors to unsavory people in power.

• Like 4

Genuinely, do people think that any of these journalists are just being told things to tweet out because a random source wants the truth to be set free and wants the journalist to infer whatever they want from it?

This article that got posted by Schefter was an article that quite clearly Allen was a key source on, about a deal coming together amid the 2011 CBA fight. Does anyone really think that any journalist was going to just post details without the sources of info on either side being able to clarify things and instead just have a story ran that would kill leverage?

The Raiders’ OC has at least twice gotten caught lying to journalists as an anonymous source to try to spin something in his favor.

I don’t know why anyone would see this as a shock or revelation that isn’t just already completely understood. It’s something that quite clearly is the way in which the entire system is ran. I don’t think we need all of Schefty’s emails leaked to understand that his whole sphere and dudes like him are all doing this and will continue to. Because nobody is gonna give info for clicks if it doesn’t come with the ability to help them in some way. They want the narrative to be their way, and that’s all there is to it.

• Like 2