Will the Gruden "resignation" begin a mass exodus ?

RaidersAreOne

On 10/11/2021 at 9:33 PM, WheatieMan said:

The game had passed him by. He doesn’t have a franchise QB or a championship front office anymore. He never built a championship team.

I think he’d be better in college, otherwise hang it up or maybe become a consultant. Step away from football and try something else because he’s done it all before except he can’t be a GM or President anywhere at this point (and was never good at that anyway).

Create a YouTube channel to stay in the circle and in time when you're too successful they will find a way to bring him back. Even if they don't he will feed his EGO there. 

EDIT: After reading all the comments to this point...WOW. It's almost like there are posters who want to see the NFL blow up and not be around...HUMMM That's cool because I've been losing interest for years as it lost it's 'game' feel for a corporate machine. 

Also I do NOT condone what happened with Gruden (As a Raider fan, I'm glad he's gone) and the scandal with the Redskins because that was their name then. So go ahead and cancel me. That is what I also don't condone. 

Edited by G

On 10/11/2021 at 11:54 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

As much as you have to love the idea of naked cheerleaders in general, sneaking into the locker room and/or showers and taking pictures of them without their knowledge and sharing the pictures via email is reprehensible.  How could they have had naked pictures of the team's cheerleaders unless they were doing something VERY shady?  I could see this as becoming an even bigger story than any of the email stuff. The people involved in this need to go to jail.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 10:53 PM, mission27 said:

Gruden is a character and had nothing better to do for a decade than send stupid emails to his buddies in the league 

I'm sure all these guys make a lot of off color remarks, but if I'd had to bet on a HC's emails to be a total goldmine he'd have been the easy favorite even before this story broke

There could be another shoe or shoes to drop but idk about mass exodus 

The term character can be an endearing reference when it comes to judging a person....Gruden is certainly not a sympathetic or endearing person....He's an example of how power and influence can corrupt....The filter between his brain and his fingers certainly aren't in working order, and sadly I cannot help but believe he thought himself to be above those he was berating....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

18 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

The term character can be an endearing reference when it comes to judging a person....Gruden is certainly not a sympathetic or endearing person....He's an example of how power and influence can corrupt....The filter between his brain and his fingers certainly aren't in working order, and sadly I cannot help but believe he thought he was above those he was berating....

In this case the term isn't intended to convey any judgement positive or negative tbh

Gruden's comments are obviously distasteful but probably not that different from how a lot of people especially in football joke around with their friends and blow off steam 

Gruden clearly has always been more bold and caviler than others and had the misfortune of being associated with the WFT scandal

Its really bad PR and not survivable but also not particularly surprising coming from him

Edited by mission27

31 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

How could they have had naked pictures of the team's cheerleaders unless they were doing something VERY shady?

Idk, I can think of a few ways 

Tbh if they were covertly filming the cheerleaders locker room then I totally agree, that's a much bigger scandal, but I haven't heard that

EDIT: NVM, that's more or less what happened.  From what I can tell they were edited together from BTS cut video of a swimsuit calendar and then distributed.  That's messed up.

Edited by mission27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

As much as you have to love the idea of naked cheerleaders in general, sneaking into the locker room and/or showers and taking pictures of them without their knowledge and sharing the pictures via email is reprehensible.  How could they have had naked pictures of the team's cheerleaders unless they were doing something VERY shady?  I could see this as becoming an even bigger story than any of the email stuff. The people involved in this need to go to jail.

Even the idea is disgusting for any man in a committed relationship. That's someone's daughter, sister, etc. To even think about defiling a woman in such a way its atrocious or immature at best. I may not know him personally, but I am sure that both I and Tim Tebow could agree on this topic. 

Edited by Jags
Poor grammar
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jags said:
36 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Even the idea is disgusting for any man in a committed relationship. That's someone's daughter, sister, etc. To even think about defiling in such a way its atrocious or immature at best. I may not knowing him personally, but I think both I and Tim Tebow could agree on this topic. 

I can't tell if this is sarcastic lol

3 minutes ago, Jags said:

Even the idea is disgusting for any man in a committed relationship. That's someone's daughter, sister, etc. To even think about defiling in such a way its atrocious or immature at best. I may not knowing him personally, but I think both I and Tim Tebow could agree on this topic. 

With my statement, I wasn't suggesting any woman should be defiled.  It was a bit of levity while also pointing out that although we are all attracted to beautiful women, there is never any excuse for the picture taking and that sort of thing.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

With my statement, I wasn't suggesting any woman should be defiled.  It was a bit of levity while also pointing out that although we are all attracted to beautiful women, there is never any excuse for the picture taking and that sort of thing.   

I understand the desire to put in a bit of levity with a serious topic, but I don't think that was a particularly sensitive comment to make and honestly is a bit creepy to read. It's no wonder there aren't more women on the forum. 

the "although we are all attracted to beautiful women" comment similarly is a bit much too, imo

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

It wasn’t shady.  What they did is something worse than that.  It isn’t football related, but look it up.  A quick Google search is all you need.