Will the Gruden "resignation" begin a mass exodus ?

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not positive of that. Why was the Gruden bit leaked in the first place? And then why did the Schefter part get leaked? What was the point of that? 

There are two theories amongst us Conspiracy Nuts. One being Mark Davis wanting out of Gruden's contract. The other being DeMaurice Smith being re-elected to his spot in the NFLPA.

As for Schefter, burying the tunnel at the entrance?

3 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

There are two theories amongst us Conspiracy Nuts. One being Mark Davis wanting out of Gruden's contract. The other being DeMaurice Smith being re-elected to his spot in the NFLPA.

As for Schefter, burying the tunnel at the entrance?

Not sure my man, not sure. Just saying, it may not be as simple as the NFL not releasing more emails. Things can still get leaked despite their attempts to keep it under wraps. 

18 hours ago, mission27 said:

To be fair to Gruden et. al. if folks had the behind the scenes tapes of the Shady Slim show featuring the MoL some of our lighthearted banter would be a bit damaging as well 

@TLO can back me up here

tbf having a giggle about the now former president getting the coronavirus right after we finished recording is markedly different to calling the nfl commissioner a certain homophobic slur and using big-lip slurs on african americans you don’t like

some of the things we talk about, yknow, arguably immoral, but we are not dropping slurs more likely found in a jim crow show than in a tolerant society 

1 hour ago, Zycho32 said:

There are two theories amongst us Conspiracy Nuts. One being Mark Davis wanting out of Gruden's contract.

Why are they nuts for that theory? It was an awful contract. Everyone knew that when he signed it. Gruden resigned leaving a crap load of money out there. Why would he do that? When is the NFL ever this transparent? Other than megalomaniac Goodell retaliating for the insult, and even that feels like a stretch, I don’t see another reasonable motive for anything anyone has done.

59 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Why are they nuts for that theory? It was an awful contract. Everyone knew that when he signed it. Gruden resigned leaving a crap load of money out there. Why would he do that? When is the NFL ever this transparent? Other than megalomaniac Goodell retaliating for the insult, and even that feels like a stretch, I don’t see another reasonable motive for anything anyone has done.

My tongue was in my cheek there.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not sure my man, not sure. Just saying, it may not be as simple as the NFL not releasing more emails. Things can still get leaked despite their attempts to keep it under wraps. 

If Edward Snowden can blow the whistle on the United States Government's most top secret program, I'd assume that someone doing the same for the NFL's emails is also a possibility. The NFL as a whole is worth $98B, Facebook is worth over 1 trillion dollars and has countless whistleblowers coming out against the company right now.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Edward Snowden can blow the whistle on the United States Government's most top secret program, I'd assume that someone doing the same for the NFL's emails is also a possibility. The NFL as a whole is worth $98B, Facebook is worth over 1 trillion dollars and has countless whistleblowers coming out against the company right now.

People say the NFL leaked more stuff on Gruden to get him out of there after the first bit got released...Okay fair, but who exactly leaked out the email regarding DeMaurice Smith in the first place? Then someone leaked out the Adam Schefter email but I highly doubt the NFL would do that...For what? 

There's another leak out there that isn't under the control of the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

People say the NFL leaked more stuff on Gruden to get him out of there after the first bit got released...Okay fair, but who exactly leaked out the email regarding DeMaurice Smith in the first place? Then someone leaked out the Adam Schefter email but I highly doubt the NFL would do that...For what? 

I can believe the NFL wanted Gruden out angle, I think Rodger had a personal vendetta against Gruden because he saw the emails where Gruden personally attacked him. But that has basically opened the flood gates.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I can believe the NFL wanted Gruden out angle, I think Rodger had a personal vendetta against Gruden because he saw the emails where Gruden personally attacked him. But that has basically opened the flood gates.

I don't think so. Doesn't make sense for Goodell to do that considering it was going to open up a pandora's box. 

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Like I was saying…. 

12 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I'm going to say this next thing just once, and only once, because I don't want to derail the thread and take it away from football, but I think it's important to say if we want to make sure this is an inclusive and safe environment for football fans. 

I do know and believe that Buck and anyone else in this thread do mean well. I do take issue with that initial joke (which Buck has acknowledged was insensitive after having details pointed out to him) and saying things like "we all find beautiful women attractive" and "cheerleaders are only there to be gawked at" as those are the type of things with toxic masculinity undertones that when in an unchecked setting like the NFL (where it's historically been a boys club; only within the past decade has there been more women in day-to-day activities and only the past decade has there been more consideration given to the LGBTQIA+ community) is what leads to people believing it's okay to treat women the way the cheerleaders have been treated and leads to people, like Gruden, thinking that the disparaging rhetoric they use in e-mails is perfectly okay and that there will never be any consequences for what they're saying and doing.

I'm not trying to pile on anyone or say anyone is bad. I don't think anyone involved in this discussion here is bad. However, I do think there needs to be more careful consideration when it comes to the rhetoric used and the things we say and that we need to have the self awareness and ability to reflect on ourselves and have the empathy to try to think how our posts may read to someone else of a different background if they were to stumble upon it. If I were a woman thinking of joining Football's Future, would I really want to if the first thing I saw was that comment? If I were gay or asexual, how would I feel if I read a comment that insinuates everyone is attracted to beautiful women? These may seem like small comments and not a big deal, but it's the undertone that if left unchecked is dangerous and it's another case of intent vs impact. I know none of you have bad intent and I do know the intention is levity in the situation and it's well known that most people on this site are heterosexual men, but the impact is that they're insensitive comments and are ones that are triggering or off-putting for people who aren't in that majority on the site or on anyone who may stumble upon it and decide this website is not the one for them if that's the type of discussion and mindset being reflected and displayed by its users. 

Well, we have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mission27 said:

Well, we have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

Christian Bale Swag GIF

9 hours ago, mission27 said:

Less materialism alone would go a long way towards solving a whole host of problems.

Supposedly the nfl and wft agreed before the investigation that the info would be kept private. They paid a 10 mill fine which is nothing to a boss. But someone who has access is slowly releasing info. I’m thinking that someone didn’t get paid and now they are applying pressure. It’s always about $