The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

Criteria on my wish list:

1.  Hire a GM/HC duo that does the traditional work. I don't want the HC to have the GM by the balls this time. Let the coach coach, and the GM to build the roster.
  2. No failed retreads.
  3. Someone who can truly build a positive culture.
  4. A creative play-caller, regardless of D or O orientated. 
  • Like 1

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Criteria on my wish list:

1.  Hire a GM/HC duo that does the traditional work. I don't want the HC to have the GM by the balls this time. Let the coach coach, and the GM to build the roster.
  2. No failed retreads.
  3. Someone who can truly build a positive culture.
  4. A creative play-caller, regardless of D or O orientated. 

I’d add to that but you summed it up….

I’d prefer an offensive HC but not locked into that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Who can tell me anything they know about Rich Bissacia? All I know is where he's coached. Specifically looking for offensive philosophies and coaching style. 

Just hoping he's not a conservative **** like Gruden

Olsen with gameplan but Carr will take over leadership. This is a blessing to get the Carr we always wanted. 😃

• Like 1

Does a respectable coach want to come and coach here? 

First Mayock needs to be fired if he was the one making drafting and personal decisions. We are still devoid of any elite talent at skill positions after 5 1st round picks in 2 years.  Completely unacceptable. 

On the bright side have an upper echelon QB in Carr, a stud TE, some talent at WR and a new stadium so I suppose those are things we have going for us.  

Mark Davis is well....  Mark Davis.

I don't think this is the same situation as the old man Davis days, where everyone around the league knew he ruled with an iron fist where coaches had very limited input and power.  No respectable coach would step within 10 feet away from old man Davis which is why we had absolute trash coaches like Mike White, Bugel, Art Shell x2, Lance Kiffen, Callahan...  I think we can land a talented coach we just have to nail it and I'm not sure Lloyd Christmas aka Mark Davis has the capacity to understand a good coach from a bad coach.  Hopefully he proves me wrong but the fact that he paid a stooge like Gruden 10 million per year indicates that he is clueless when it come to coaching talent.  

Whoever we go after they have have to be a stud HC/GM combo.  This franchise can not have another catastrophic mistake when it comes to this.