The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

They only met today, they'll announce it tomorrow. It is a done deal unless he does his rat like disappearance act again. 

I’m sure they had dinner last night. Formal interview today but it was likely in the morning I would assume. 

14 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We've seen Carr's floor and it's pretty damn good.  There is little to no chance that he will ever be surrounded with worst talent and a worse D than he has had every year of his career.  

I can't wait to surround him with an offensive scheme that suits his skillset, improve his talent on O and build a bully D.

Just keep this same energy man and don’t blame jm if it fails. you’re consistent I give you that. I just want to win. I want a dynamic oc he just doesn’t seem to be that guy. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Just keep this same energy man and don’t blame jm if it fails. you’re consistent I give you that. I just want to win. I want a dynamic oc he just doesn’t seem to be that guy. 

We all wan't to win and winning transcends any individual player.   I like the move for all of the reasons stated but am I certain it will pan out, I am not but I must say this is the most optimistic I have been about the future of our franchise for as long as I can remember.  

31 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He will blame everyone but Carr for 20 years. He has shown no signs of wavering. 

Overall, should be a happy hire for him. @Frankie2Gunz just busting your balls. Carr’s style blends with JM pretty well. Will Carr play without an extension though? That’s the question. I doubt JM is going to want to marry him without playing with him for a year. 

14 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Meanwhile:

Dalvin Cook, Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielen, Darrisaw with Jim Harbaugh? Oh boy. OL is getting better. Cousins is a good not great QB. Basically same tier as Carr. That offensive roster is very good. Defense needs a lot of help. Zimmer completely ruined the defense, and ironically he’s a defensive guy. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Dalvin Cook, Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielen, Darrisaw with Jim Harbaugh? Oh boy. OL is getting better. Cousins is a good not great QB. Basically same tier as Carr. That offensive roster is very good. Defense needs a lot of help. Zimmer completely ruined the defense, and ironically he’s a defensive guy. 

Their fans don’t seem as warm to the idea as Raider Nation did for some reason. Would be very happy to swap interviews with them…

If Rodgers leaves they’ll have that division locked down for the next 5 years with JH.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He will blame everyone but Carr for 20 years. He has shown no signs of wavering. 

Overall, should be a happy hire for him. @Frankie2Gunz just busting your balls. Carr’s style blends with JM pretty well. Will Carr play without an extension though? That’s the question. I doubt JM is going to want to marry him without playing with him for a year. 

I just can’t see it making our offense dynamic and I can’t see jm attracting key fa’s. Seems like a lateral move. Also the way the team loved rich and gruden the new hc has to be someone that the team can accept. With so many key guys in contract year this is such a pivotal moment for the franchise. I’ve just never really been impressed by jm. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

JM knows what he is getting in Carr and that is one of the main reasons he's coming here.  The Pats tried to trade for Carr so he's clearly he's done ample research on him.  You're right in that Carr's style blends very well with what JM is trying to do from an offensive standpoint.  Carr will be the best QB he's had to work with in his career other than Brady.

I don't think JM takes this job without stability at the QB position and he has stability with Carr.  I'm not sure when the extension will come but it most certainly will at some point. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Same way McDaniels wouldn’t take an interview without a guarantee, same thing with Jim. Jim to Minnesota and Josh to Las Vegas seem like done deals at this point. 

If that is the case it appears our management team preferred the JM/Zigler combo to Harbaugh.  We didn't even bring JH in for an interview.  I suppose we could have kicked the tires on JH and he flat out said he won't coach here but the chances of that are slim.  

What are your thoughts on this and am I missing something?

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

If that is the case it appears our management team preferred the JM/Zigler combo to Harbaugh.  We didn't even bring JH in for an interview.  I suppose we could have kicked the tires on JH and he flat out said he won't coach here but the chances of that are slim.  

What are your thoughts on this and am I missing something?

JH wasn’t taking an interview without being assured the job. Like I said before, it would destroy the prestige of Michigan if he’s just interviewing around. Jim definitely wanted to coach here and I have no doubts it was his camp leaking  that to the media. I just don’t think Mark wanted to possibly do another 100M contract. Although Jim is light years better than Jon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

JH wasn’t taking an interview without being assured the job. Like I said before, it would destroy the prestige of Michigan if he’s just interviewing around. Jim definitely wanted to coach here and I have no doubts it was his camp leaking  that to the media. I just don’t think Mark wanted to possibly do another 100M contract. Although Jim is light years better than Jon. 

This makes sense and I agree with you that Jim is light years ahead of Gruden.  

Basically we chose JM/Zeigler over Harbaugh.  I personally like the move for a few reasons.  One is that we get a HC/GM combo that should work very well together and the second reason is their youth.  If this works out we could be looking at our HC/GM for the next 20 years.