The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

General Manager: Eliot Wolf (Son of Ron Wolf, Raider executive), Packers and Browns front office [[ a guy Davis can trust football mind from the Wolf family the Davis family keeps in it's inner circle, worked with Reggie in GB too ]]
Head Coach: Nathaniel Hackett (Son of Paul Hackett, west coach OC Raider assistant 08-10), Packers OC, Jaguars OC/QB coach (2015-18)

Then trade Carr for compensation and trade for Rodgers. Gus Bradley (Jax 2013-16) retained, and potentially Greg Olson (Jax 2015-16) retained as all three have at least a year overlap coaching together and it allows continuity.

12 minutes ago, Trojan said:

General Manager: Eliot Wolf (Son of Ron Wolf, Raider executive), Packers and Browns front office [[ a guy Davis can trust football mind from the Wolf family the Davis family keeps in it's inner circle, worked with Reggie in GB too ]]
Head Coach: Nathaniel Hackett (Son of Paul Hackett, west coach OC Raider assistant 08-10), Packers OC, Jaguars OC/QB coach (2015-18)

Then trade Carr for compensation and trade for Rodgers. Gus Bradley (Jax 2013-16) retained, and potentially Greg Olson (Jax 2015-16) retained as all three have at least a year overlap coaching together and it allows continuity.

I’d aim a little higher than Nathaniel Hackett but that’s just me I understand the continuation but Rodgers isn’t going to play that much longer IMO

One real funky option that I don't think has been discussed is a trade for Bill Belichick. Mike Mayock, who played for Bill, would essentially become head scout, and Bill would become essentially Al Davis in full control. I don't know if Belichick would laugh and retire, but maybe if Kraft is kinda done with that era and wants to move on to McDaniels or something.

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

One real funky option that I don't think has been discussed is a trade for Bill Belichick. Mike Mayock, who played for Bill, would essentially become head scout, and Bill would become essentially Al Davis in full control. I don't know if Belichick would laugh and retire, but maybe if Kraft is kinda done with that era and wants to move on to McDaniels or something.

Maybe a decade ago. However the guy is almost 70 and has nothing left to prove. No chance he pulls a Brady and tries to prove he can win outside of New England imo.

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Bill isnt exactly hitting homers in first round. Sony michael just got traded for bag of balls

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Maybe a decade ago. However the guy is almost 70 and has nothing left to prove. No chance he pulls a Brady and tries to prove he can win outside of New England imo.

I don't think so either, but I'm trying to think of what Mark Davis would do. Mark Davis isn't a football mind and wants a guy he can trust. A move like that wold be hard to argue is wrong, and puts the football mind in the building. A decade ago I don't think there's a trade package that could be made for him. As is, maybe?

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Mark Davis's track record hiring people has been absolutely horrendous. He should have advisors. 

I like how hands off he has been though. He's not meddling with the football ops like some owners (cough Jerruh cough). We all 100% agree though he needs to hire a professional executive for this sort of stuff.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Does a respectable coach want to come and coach here? 

First Mayock needs to be fired if he was the one making drafting and personal decisions. We are still devoid of any elite talent at skill positions after 5 1st round picks in 2 years.  Completely unacceptable. 

On the bright side have an upper echelon QB in Carr, a stud TE, some talent at WR and a new stadium so I suppose those are things we have going for us.  

Mark Davis is well....  Mark Davis.

I don't think this is the same situation as the old man Davis days, where everyone around the league knew he ruled with an iron fist where coaches had very limited input and power.  No respectable coach would step within 10 feet away from old man Davis which is why we had absolute trash coaches like Mike White, Bugel, Art Shell x2, Lance Kiffen, Callahan...  I think we can land a talented coach we just have to nail it and I'm not sure Lloyd Christmas aka Mark Davis has the capacity to understand a good coach from a bad coach.  Hopefully he proves me wrong but the fact that he paid a stooge like Gruden 10 million per year indicates that he is clueless when it come to coaching talent.  

Whoever we go after they have have to be a stud HC/GM combo.  This franchise can not have another catastrophic mistake when it comes to this.  

Wonder if potential new coach will have to work with Derek Carr per Mark Davis’s orders. We know how you and a lot of guys feel about him but a new coach may not 

Very interesting. I want to see Rich bissacia and see how the team goes on with him. The teams he's coached for are pretty interesting, he was in Dallas as the assistant head coach and they had pretty good records during his time. Traditionaly, they might not expect much from him in this situation but if he leaves a good imprint on the team that would bode well for the future. 

He seems like a interesting coach though, I know the move isn't about him and the headlines are about Jon Gruden, but I'm curious. The Raiders need maturity and consistency out of the HC and hopefully it happens for the team. 

6 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Wonder if potential new coach will have to work with Derek Carr per Mark Davis’s orders. We know how you and a lot of guys feel about him but a new coach may not 

Mark Davis would be the biggest fool in the league if keeping Carr will be a stipulation for the new coach lol.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

It would be insane to "force a QB" on a coach although that coach better have a better option in place if he plans on moving on from Carr. 

If he moves on from Carr without a surefire upgrade in place and drafts a bum like Tua he will be fired in short order.  That is a guarantee. 

If said coach moves on from a proven commodity like Carr without an upgrade in place would show complete incompetence.  That is football 101 and anyone who thinks otherwise knows nothing about football, business, job security and needs their head examined. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz