The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

41 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Why do you think Carr is going to learn a new system?

I would assume whoever they get as HC will run the same offense per Mark Davis request.

New coach brings in new OC, no coach is going to come in here to do what their told in regards of how to coach a team. They come in and implement their philosophies and systems they think can win. 

Now, let's say they want to run a 'version' that's 'similar' to old offenses to put Carr and Co. In a position to succeed .....it's not the same. It's going to be slightly different, have new nomenclature, there's going to be new tendencies and instructions. The only way this stays the same is if we keep Rich and Olsen. 

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

New coach brings in new OC, no coach is going to come in here to do what their told in regards of how to coach a team. They come in and implement their philosophies and systems they think can win. 

Now, let's say they want to run a 'version' that's 'similar' to old offenses to put Carr and Co. In a position to succeed .....it's not the same. It's going to be slightly different, have new nomenclature, there's going to be new tendencies and instructions. The only way this stays the same is if we keep Rich and Olsen. 

I should have been more clear the Raiders are probably keeping both the DC and the OC next season.

13 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I should have been more clear the Raiders are probably keeping both the DC and the OC next season.

I can see that if we do well and Rich gets the spot. But you really think they stay if we get a brand new coach? I can't remember the last time I've seen that happen. You don't think that'd deter some top talent? Feels restrictive. 

4 hours ago, NickButera said:

I can see that if we do well and Rich gets the spot. But you really think they stay if we get a brand new coach? I can't remember the last time I've seen that happen. You don't think that'd deter some top talent? Feels restrictive. 

It happens all the time for high quality DC and OC.I think we're gonna roll with what we have the defenses has improve the officers has improved this is not an average team this is a playoff team

• Like 1

Is there anyone we could bring in with a lot of pull to get Tony Romo out of the booth and into our coaching tree? 

easily my favorite tv commentator and listening to him he had success because of his smarts. 
I’m assuming he’d only take a OC type job, not sure I’d give him that, but god I love having him in our qb room

Two other names that have come up recently are Wink Martindale and Raheem Morris.  I would be happy with either. My preferred list would be.  

1. Wink Martindale

2. Todd Bowles

3. Rich Bisaccia (if he continues to win, and it means offensive and defensive continuity).

4. Matt Eberflus

5. Raheem Morris

6. Kellen Moore

7. David Shaw

Only drawing from names that have been linked to us.

1 hour ago, SodakRaiders said:

Also, I don't know about Brian Daboll.  He had a pretty long list of below average offenses before he got to where he is now.  I don't know if their success has more to do with him and his scheme or the very talented qb he has.  Don't love his resume.  

rriiiigggghhhhttttt.... That's my thing. It's either that or some overloaded with talent offense(Alabama)

Yeah Joe Brady firmly off the list for now, but he could bounce back. Too early to tell. 

Way too early for Rich as well. For me to keep an interim coach, he needs to go 11-6 and get the sixth seed at least. And then also do or die again the following season. 

Lincoln Riley is obviously still my top choice, but I doubt he’s coming to the NFL. 

I’d only want Daboll if we move on from Carr, which isn’t looking likely at this point in time (but still a lot of season left). Daboll is better suited for a more mobile QB. 

If we keep Carr, perhaps we can hire a Defensive Head Coach like Bowles. Perhaps let Carr have some input on OC and who he thinks his style would mesh well with. 

With all that said, it’s just way too early to talk about this stuff and trying to decide what we should do. I’ll refrain from this thread until around Mid December. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Darnold looks awful though so it’s not all his fault. Creativity as a play caller is the key. Whoever can do that should be the coach.

Yeah that’s why I’m not totally ruling Brady out. His QBs have been Teddy, Darnold, and PJ Walker. None of those guys have ranked above 25th at any time.

• Like 2