The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Not to mention...the weapons he had at his disposal in that one year were ungodly in comparison to their competition. 

Burrow, CEH, Jefferson, Chase, Marshall, Moss.

How often do you come across a 1st round QB and 2 first round WRs on a single team playing significant snaps at the same time, all of whom have proven to be at least better than average NFL talent, a first round RB, and a 2nd round WR that very easily could've gone in the 1st, and a pretty decent TE who was only undrafted due to injury? 

Not sure about Moss, but the other 5 guys absolutely belong on NFL rosters, probably all as eventual long term starters. That's ridiculously rare to come across. Stevie Wonder could have coordinated a successful passing game with that at his disposal lol

Definitely true in hindsight. The more I look at it the less of a fan I am in Joe Brady. 

Play comes to looking at an Ex- OC for a HC role, the thing I always look for is is it replicable based on who you had to work with

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Definitely true in hindsight. The more I look at it the less of a fan I am in Joe Brady. 

Play comes to looking at an Ex- OC for a HC role, the thing I always look for is is it replicable based on who you had to work with

Yep. I mean, no offense to Joe Brady. Hopefully some day he gets a HC gig if he wants it. But he's made his entire reputation so far on the 2019 LSU passing game that was absolutely star studded. 

Now, I don't blame him for Darnold. I think Darnold sucks. Always have. And I certainly don't hold it against him that CMC is out injured all the time. Nor would I say that Carolina should fire him, given the relative lack of talent he has to work with. 

But yeah, if I'm looking for a HC, what has he ever really done to warrant a look? Nothing. Again, nothing against him, he just hasn't gotten the feathers in the cap yet. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep. I mean, no offense to Joe Brady. Hopefully some day he gets a HC gig if he wants it. But he's made his entire reputation so far on the 2019 LSU passing game that was absolutely star studded. 

Now, I don't blame him for Darnold. I think Darnold sucks. Always have. And I certainly don't hold it against him that CMC is out injured all the time. Nor would I say that Carolina should fire him, given the relative lack of talent he has to work with. 

But yeah, if I'm looking for a HC, what has he ever really done to warrant a look? Nothing. Again, nothing against him, he just hasn't gotten the feathers in the cap yet. 

Yep valid point. I have nothing say in opposistion

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

RB looks good so far. If the team keeps winning and makes the playoffs, the job should be his. DC, OC and GM should stay the same if RB and MD are ok with that.

Running Back does look good.  Derek Carr should definitely stay the same as well.  I don't know who OC and GM are though.  Running back is a position I've seen before.  I don't know what position the MD is.

This is all me joking.  Took me a while to figure out what you wrote but I got there.

16 hours ago, Jerry said:

Running Back does look good.  Derek Carr should definitely stay the same as well.  I don't know who OC and GM are though.  Running back is a position I've seen before.  I don't know what position the MD is.

This is all me joking.  Took me a while to figure out what you wrote but I got there.

LOL

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 3:19 PM, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

RB looks good so far. If the team keeps winning and makes the playoffs, the job should be his. DC, OC and GM should stay the same if RB and MD are ok with that.

I agree for the most part. But can't help but think Olsen would flop in yr 2. I think at the moment he is play calling above his normal ability. Then again it could very well be that he now has the weapons to use that meld with his play calling style. Mostly I have not so fond memories of his last time here.

5 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

I agree for the most part. But can't help but think Olsen would flop in yr 2. I think at the moment he is play calling above his normal ability. Then again it could very well be that he now has the weapons to use that meld with his play calling style. Mostly I have not so fond memories of his last time here.

I read that Olsen trusts Carr and is giving him more freedom to call the plays. Apparently Carr loves the long ball and that's why we're throwing the ball deeper the last two games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I read that Olsen trusts Carr and is giving him more freedom to call the plays. Apparently Carr loves the long ball and that's why we're throwing the ball deeper the last two games.

They didn't throw it deep vs Philly.

9 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

He's done enough to warrant a 2nd season imo. If he flops, which I don't think he will due to the offensive firepower the Raiders have, get rid of him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What?? Carr went 31-34 for 323 thats more then 10 yards a catch.

Watch the game and stop looking at the stat sheet. Philly played back to not allow anything over the top. Carr took what he wanted short and intermediate. He had one long pass to Zay on the opening drive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Watch the game and stop looking at the stat sheet. Philly played back to not allow anything over the top. Carr took what he wanted short and intermediate. He had one long pass to Zay on the opening drive.

He has 6 long passes that's round 20%.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Philly's entire defensive strategy is to allow passes underneath so that they can't get beat deep. 2 weeks ago Brady started like 23/24 passing against them and IIRC they hadn't ever allowed a QB to complete 80%+ in franchise history before this year and have allowed 4 QB's to do it this season.