The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

My stance on Mayock. I don't care who made what pick where in the draft. You were part of a front office that had 13 draft picks in the top 100 and completely mishandled it. You have got to go. I don't care to have any more of your influence on personnel decisions. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

My stance on Mayock. I don't care who made what pick where in the draft. You were part of a front office that had 13 draft picks in the top 100 and completely mishandled it. You have got to go. I don't care to have any more of your influence on personnel decisions. 

And the majority of our FA signings have been terrible as well. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2021 at 10:01 PM, Leoric said:

Rich may end up keeping this job. He’s well respected in his speciality and I’ve often wondered when he would get the keys to the kingdom. I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up being a blessing in disguise. 

So I mean… where we at with this? Our two teams are playing in a bit for a playoff appearance and we’ll the Raiders seem to be well coached this season despite everything that happened. 

3 hours ago, Leoric said:

So I mean… where we at with this? Our two teams are playing in a bit for a playoff appearance and we’ll the Raiders seem to be well coached this season despite everything that happened. 

I don't know how you could possibly watch that game and see a well coached team. Love Rich as a dude, more than happy for him to be the ST coach but the D play calling at the end and Olson play calling is awful. 

22 minutes ago, Edz209 said:

definitely. This team is winning off heart and effort not coaching 

Rich deserves credit for his leadership skills & as a rallying figure but we need better Xs & Os guys. I would absolutely hope that the new HC would see the value Rich has to the staff & franchise as a ST coordinator and leader though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

Rich deserves credit for his leadership skills & as a rallying figure but we need better Xs & Os guys. I would absolutely hope that the new HC would see the value Rich has to the staff & franchise as a ST coordinator and leader though. 

Idk if rich stays. Will be a big ego blow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Still want a new coach idc.

I agree. Rich B is widely considered to be a top ST coach and highly respected throughout the league and coaching community.  ST coordinator is totally unlike OC and DC in the sense a new HC really does need to bring in his own guy to institute his scheme for OC and DC but not STC.  I think it’s an easier sell to a veteran HC that Rich B should be retained because he is a great coach, isn’t a threat to replace the HC down the line, and he has the unique bond and relationship with the players.

Ideally we bring in a new HC because Rich B isn’t capable of play calling and scheme on a high level and we won’t be able to somehow keep the existing staff but replace Olsen, who sucks, with a new OC that is able to restore this offense to what it should he producing.  Maybe I’m wrong and there’s a QB coach or position coach that’s up and coming and can do that but it’s too much of a risk for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Idk if rich stays. Will be a big ego blow.

Whose to say Rich B isn’t content going back to STC?  Maybe due to his age, career goals vs life outside of football, etc he isn’t happy to go back to STC.  Not for nothing before all this crazyness he did seem content ending his career in that role.  He wasn’t exactly having his agent push for new HC interviews over the years.

25 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Whose to say Rich B isn’t content going back to STC?  Maybe due to his age, career goals vs life outside of football, etc he isn’t happy to go back to STC.  Not for nothing before all this crazyness he did seem content ending his career in that role.  He wasn’t exactly having his agent push for new HC interviews over the years.

Maybe you're right. It just seems like it would be a big blow to win games as HC then go back to coordinator just like that.

34 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Maybe you're right. It just seems like it would be a big blow to win games as HC then go back to coordinator just like that.

Maybe he doesn’t have to go back to STC. NFL teams might want him as a HC. Which might be better for him because then he can build his own staff and not feel obligated to keep Gruden’s leftovers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree. Rich B is widely considered to be a top ST coach and highly respected throughout the league and coaching community.  ST coordinator is totally unlike OC and DC in the sense a new HC really does need to bring in his own guy to institute his scheme for OC and DC but not STC.  I think it’s an easier sell to a veteran HC that Rich B should be retained because he is a great coach, isn’t a threat to replace the HC down the line, and he has the unique bond and relationship with the players.

Ideally we bring in a new HC because Rich B isn’t capable of play calling and scheme on a high level and we won’t be able to somehow keep the existing staff but replace Olsen, who sucks, with a new OC that is able to restore this offense to what it should he producing.  Maybe I’m wrong and there’s a QB coach or position coach that’s up and coming and can do that but it’s too much of a risk for me.

Rich B is probably on the short list of head coaches candidates in the NFL. Somebody will probably hire him as HC