The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Rich B is probably on the short list of head coaches candidates in the NFL. Somebody will probably hire him as HC

I respectfully, wholeheartedly disagree.  He MIGHT make a team or twos interview list, at very best.

He’s a special teams coach and that’s a severe disadvantage.  He’ll need to hire both a OC and DC who will come in and run their scheme.

I believe Rich B has way more value to us than other teams.  Plus, I don’t see there being that many openings combined with the fact that there are several and an abundance of qualified coordinators ready to move up to HC.

11 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I respectfully, wholeheartedly disagree.  He MIGHT make a team or twos interview list, at very best.

He’s a special teams coach and that’s a severe disadvantage.  He’ll need to hire both a OC and DC who will come in and run their scheme.

I believe Rich B has way more value to us than other teams.  Plus, I don’t see there being that many openings combined with the fact that there are several and an abundance of qualified coordinators ready to move up to HC.

One of the best coaches in the NFL is it special teams coach. I'll give you a hint Ravens

• Like 1

I may be in the extreme minority, but I would be fine with Rich B getting another year. 

He’s held the team together and took us to the playoffs  despite the ridiculous off field stuff that 90% of teams would have disintegrated under.

So he’s not an X’s and O’s Guy… fine, bring in an OC to call plays and keep Bradley.

If that means we have to keep Mayock, for another year, then so be it.  Let them all work it out another year and see what we have post Gruden.  

34 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

One of the best coaches in the NFL is it special teams coach. I'll give you a hint Ravens

He is one of the best ST coaches and everyone knows Jim Harbaugh was a STC too.  But how many other STC get hired to be HC.  It’s rare.  Just because you find one example Of a HC that was predominantly a STC before becoming a HC doesn’t invalidate what I said.

and btw JH Was Phillys DB coach the season before becoming HC of Baltimore.  And let’s not pretend JH wasn’t not only capable but pretty much destined to be a HC in due time.

15 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

He is one of the best ST coaches and everyone knows Jim Harbaugh was a STC too.  But how many other STC get hired to be HC.  It’s rare.  Just because you find one example Of a HC that was predominantly a STC before becoming a HC doesn’t invalidate what I said.

and btw JH Was Phillys DB coach the season before becoming HC of Baltimore.  And let’s not pretend JH wasn’t not only capable but pretty much destined to be a HC in due time.

You cannot question he's a leader of men.  This team is well coached and motivated. Rich B is going to received votes for coach of the year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You cannot question he's a leader of men.  This team is well coached and motivated. Rich B is going to received votes for coach of the year. 

I just want to stay on topic here.  I don’t dislike Rich B.  I’m not bashing Rich B.

You said: “ Rich B is probably on the short list of head coaches candidates in the NFL. Somebody will probably hire him as HC” 

You said he’d be on the short list for HC Hires across the entire NFL and not just for the Raiders, which is a much different thing.  

Im making the simple claim I don’t see him getting much more then a quick Look if even that during the new coaching hire processes across the league.  It’s rare for STC to get hired as HC’s and he’s not some up and coming guy like John Harbaugh was.

You can have your Opinion, I’m not trying to invalidate it.  I just disagree.  

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Fairly certain that Flores being out at Miami means the door is wide open for Harbaugh down there. I would love Flores instead. 

FLORES would be amazing but he has always run 34 as far as I'm aware. With other multiple D sets. You'd have to completely revamp the D again. The only reason I'd be all for it would be that's he's a long term hire. Keep him for 5+years and change the culture 

19 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I read something that Miami is not going after Harbs.

The timing is strange though, you have to admit. Ross was asked if he was going after him and he basically just said "No comment". Ross' name is all over that campus and he's from Michigan. It just kinda makes sense in that aspect.