The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree with you…. (Pssss it’s a fun thing to Do with people you should try it sometime,,, lol jk)…. We gotta get going.  We should hire Dodd no matter what and if JH wants to be out Coach sign him Right away if not move onto the next best options before they all get gobbled up.  I don’t want to wait and end up with JH staying at UM and we’re picking from sloppy seconds.

Not only the draft and FA…. We also need to bring in coaches, Directors of Scouting/Pro Personell/etc, scouts, etc

I do think that there is some value in Mark doing a full coaching search so that he can start to build relationships with coaches/executives around the league that have no previous ties to the organization. But he realistically should've told Mayock he was gone and started the search as soon as the window opened. If Harbaugh stays at Michigan it seems almost guaranteed that we're going to sign a retread defensive coordinator like Fraizer, Bowles, etc.

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

The whole recruitment at Michigan and Harbaugh’s record versus OSU/elite schools and lower level schools is an argument that goes in circles.

At Michigan Harbaugh more often then not lost to teams that were significantly more talented and beat teams more often then not that we’re significantly less talented.  Also, in college Harbaugh was limited in how much he can improve his roster the first year and a little bit less limitations every year after.  He was stuck with the players from the previous classes in initially and could only add limited amount of new players via recruitment every season.  
I don’t think it’s a coincidence the year he beats OSU is the first year his first class of recruits are seniors.

Exactly. Talent often wins in college. It's why Alabama and Georgia (top 2 recruiting schools) played the final game. And why the SEC is dominate in general. 

Michigan's first recruiting class under Harbaugh was ranked 5th in the Big 10 to your point. And he inherited a roster that was void of talent. 

You'd like to see better performance in big games and against the big 10, but to act like he's not a great coach is a bad take

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Michigan's first recruiting class under Harbaugh was ranked 5th in the Big 10 to your point. And he inherited a roster that was void of talent. 

You'd like to see better performance in big games and against the big 10, but to act like he's not a great coach is a bad take

https://247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

voID oF tALeNt

https://247sports.com/Season/2012-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

VoID Of tAlENt

Those were his juniors and seniors.

What other lame excuses are we going to hear next? 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

42 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

voID oF tALeNt

https://247sports.com/Season/2012-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

VoID Of tAlENt

Those were his juniors and seniors.

What other lame excuses are we going to hear next? 

Yes, VoID Of tAlENt (🤡

Those recruits were recruited for Hoke's system one. Centered on big bodies WR/TEs like Chesson, Darboh and Funchess. Of those 2 classes, there isn't much to speak of at the pro level. 

The above 3 WRs add Wormley, Hurst, Jordan Lewis, Taco Charlton I guess you can say were "talented". Probably missing someone. 

These classes were mostly regional players. 2016 is where they started hitting their stride and you notice an influx of talent from the South. In particular Georgia. The increase in talent level is what propelled them this season. 

Anyway.... Carry on Jtagg. Arguing with an arrogant know-it-all Ohio St. homer is not worth my time. Bottom line, Harbaugh can coach, not without his flaws but thinking he couldn't help an organization like Vegas is just dumb.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It's funny bc the excuses in seeing for Harbaugh are reminiscent of those you hear about Carr. Almost like y'all are the same lol

Edit: and this doesn't mean some aren't valid. It's just an observation

It's funny because you see what you want to see to fit your narrative. There are a lot of pro Harbaugh, Carr critics in here.... so the narrative doesn't fit very well. 

Edited by big_palooka

10 hours ago, NickButera said:

I mean... wouldn't you? 

Truth be told, Rhule's seat is so hot right now that no already-known "rockstar" is going to want to go there, and I bet the same rings true for guys who don't have a lot of tread left before they're considered retreads. 

Whoever the Panthers hire as OC is more likely than not going to be out of a job come the end of the year. 

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yes, VoID Of tAlENt (🤡

Those recruits were recruited for Hoke's system one. Centered on big bodies WR/TEs like Chesson, Darboh and Funchess. Of those 2 classes, there isn't much to speak of at the pro level. 

The above 3 WRs add Wormley, Hurst, Jordan Lewis, Taco Charlton I guess you can say were "talented". Probably missing someone. 

These classes were mostly regional players. 2016 is where they started hitting their stride and you notice an influx of talent from the South. In particular Georgia. The increase in talent level is what propelled them this season. 

Anyway.... Carry on Jtagg. Arguing with an arrogant know-it-all Ohio St. homer is not worth my time. Bottom line, Harbaugh can coach, not without his flaws but thinking he couldn't help an organization like Vegas is just dumb.

Harbaugh had Michigan getting win totals they hadn't for decades, same as the 9ers, same as Stanford (well Stanford almost never got those win totals in their history) likewise USD. Just ignore him, he thinks coaching in the minor leagues is relevant compared to the job he did with 49ers.

When a sub .500 NFL coach like Saban is the greatest in the sports history, I think that tells us all the relevance of college coaching.

Edited by Jraider91
  • Like 2

Fine line both sides are walking in the Harbaugh dispute.  A couple months ago his cache was at an all-time low.  Win a couple of games and poof, here we are.

As a Buckeye "homer" myself, I'm torn on this.  Harbaugh gets a ton of flack for not beating OSU, but he has done pretty well considering what he walked into.  No one can dispute that he has gotten the most out of his players, even the ones he didn't recruit early on.  Which btw, were really good and should've beaten OSU in 2016.  

Because he kept losing to OSU and MSU for that matter, it's big news here in Big 10 country.  For you SEC folk, it would be like Auburn losing to LSU and Bama all the time.  Even Auburn is 2-6 vs Bama the last 8 games.  You put up a big goose egg against your biggest rival and people are going to rightfully say you can't win the big one.

Harbaugh is and always has been a winner.  That doesn't mean he's a championship caliber coach, but that does mean he's had winning records everywhere he's been.

I think he is clearly the most successful coach available for us to look at.  That doesn't guarantee he will do well with the Raiders, but there are no guarantees for anyone and most of the BS hindsight talk comes either way.

If Mark is interested, and he should be,  I have no problem with that at all.  I would much rather have him as the coach than a retread, losing record, second chance kinda guy. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Anyway.... Carry on Jtagg. Arguing with an arrogant know-it-all Ohio St. homer is not worth my time. 

And we've determined you're not really worth anyone's time either. The fact you try to call me a "homer" is hilarious though. You're using opinions and skewed facts (wins against Rutgers and Illinois lol) to base your logic and I'm using quantitative facts (having top 10 recruiting classes year after year and not being able to win against similarly recruited talent or rivals) to base mine......... but I'm the "homer" lol. The only opinion I've really ever offered is that he's a douchebag b/c he is.

Yes, carry on.

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

And we've determined you're not really worth anyone's time either. The fact you try to call me a "homer" is hilarious though. You're using opinions and skewed facts (wins against Rutgers and Illinois lol) to base your logic and I'm using quantitative facts (having top 10 recruiting classes year after year and not being able to win against similarly recruited talent or rivals) to base mine......... but I'm the "homer" lol. The only opinion I've really ever offered is that he's a douchebag b/c he is.

Yes, carry on.

How did your guy Urban do in the bigs?