The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Maybe everything's in place already

GM: Dodds

HC: Harbaugh

OC: Hamilton

DC: Fangio

After listening to the raid the tape livestream.  I don't want Hamilton or any kind of Harbaugh style offense. But if he can bring his college offensive then fantastic. 

Johh Gattis to be offensive coordinator and passing game coordinator

Sherrone Moore to be offensive line and run game coordinator

At least for me I know the downside to Harbaugh is the offense. But he gives you a tough team and a good defense. He’s gonna want to run the ball and would Josh Jacobs body fail him with getting such a heavy work load with Jim. He would have to revamp the oline and be more open minded with his offense.

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Vic is full of **** here. His source sucked I read the athletic piece.

Vic seems desperate for Harbaugh to not happen for some reason.

Dunno if it’s because he just really likes Rich, doesn’t like Harbaugh, or is just mad that other people seem to have heard things that he hasn’t. But the Athletic guys (and him in particular) have been really negative and dismissive about it the whole time.

• Like 1

Another thing - one of the list of betting odds I saw had Tomlin as the second fav behind Harbaugh for the job, which doesn’t really make sense to me.

I would 100% take Mike Tomlin as our HC, but I can’t see any way in which this is a realistic option. Why would he want to leave such a stable job? Why would the Steelers  be open to trading a great HC. And obviously the Raiders would love to have him, but that would involve giving up a haul of picks and cash which doesn’t seem worth it from our perspective either.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

At least for me I know the downside to Harbaugh is the offense. But he gives you a tough team and a good defense. He’s gonna want to run the ball and would Josh Jacobs body fail him with getting such a heavy work load with Jim. He would have to revamp the oline and be more open minded with his offense.

I think the fact that he hired Gattis and let him open up, change the O is a good sign

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

All this hope and excitement for Harbaugh and we're going to end up bringing Rich back or hiring Bowles, lol.

What worries me more than bringing in someone like Bowles would be Mark still fixating on a “splash” hire even in the event that we don’t get Harbaugh, and doing something really mad like chucking a ton of cash at Rex Ryan or Dabo Swinney.

Bowles would be kinda underwhelming, but I’ll take that over plain stupid.

Edited by Nightmare

What is odd to me is there is no news on our interviews. We've done Mayo and Rich..and haven't heard a peep on anyone from the list that came out. Are we just taking our sweet time? Davis doing this alone worries me, but on the other hand he does have a bit of owner experience now and has gotten some good advisement under his belt more than a few times now for big decisions. But this either screams to me Harbaugh, or dysfunction. 

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

What is odd to me is there is no news on our interviews. We've done Mayo and Rich..and haven't heard a peep on anyone from the list that came out. Are we just taking our sweet time? Davis doing this alone worries me, but on the other hand he does have a bit of owner experience now and has gotten some good advisement under his belt more than a few times now for big decisions. But this either screams to me Harbaugh, or dysfunction. 

Maybe he wants a GM first. 4 reported GM interview will happen. He also talks to Bisaccia during this process. Mayo is the confusing name to me so far, since he is the lone reported outside HC candidate so far...however there is no date for that interview yet, so it might be that they asked Ziegler and him out from the Pats with the same "form"...