The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

49 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

One who is absolutely integral to the play design process, McDaniels is all screen pass basic stuff. If you think McDaniel (SF) isn't absolutely elite I don't know what to tell you. He is getting HC interviews without calling plays, guy has players asking for him to be included in their next contract (Kittle) 

McDaniels is the run game coordinator for Shanny. He’s been an OC who doesn’t call the plays for 1 year. Despite the tag as OC he’s still the run game coordinator. Shanny gave him the OC tag so he could start to show himself out there in press conferences and show his personality. Which he has done a great job doing and it has worked out great and he will be a HC soon. Never said he wasn’t a bright coach obviously he is who’s done a great job putting the ball into his best player hands anyway possible(deboo) but Josh McDaniels resume is longer and better and more proven. 

13 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

McDaniels is the run game coordinator for Shanny. He’s been an OC who doesn’t call the plays for 1 year. Despite the tag as OC he’s still the run game coordinator. Shanny gave him the OC tag so he could start to show himself out there in press conferences and show his personality. Which he has done a great job doing and it has worked out great and he will be a HC soon. Never said he wasn’t a bright coach obviously he is who’s done a great job putting the ball into his best player hands anyway possible(deboo) but Josh McDaniels resume is longer and better and more proven. 

McDaniel concepts, leadership and being liked by his players as opposed to the loathsome blockhead despised by players is no comparison. Josh MD is not hugely liked by Patriot fans. Being the OC for GOAT isn't the worlds hardest thing. 

Offense ranks in Den:

Offense rank in St Louis:

Edited by Jraider91

This is probably unfair, but I just can't get over all the drama and controversy when he was HC of Denver. I mean, cheating, QB controversy created by him, bad records, it was just a hell show. It's been 10 years he's probably learned a lot. But man alive his time there was historically bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

This is probably unfair, but I just can't get over all the drama and controversy when he was HC of Denver. I mean, cheating, QB controversy created by him, bad records, it was just a hell show. It's been 10 years he's probably learned a lot. But man alive his time there was historically bad. 

100% agreed. Screw that man. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

McDaniel concepts, leadership and being liked by his players as opposed to the loathsome blockhead despised by players is no comparison. Josh MD is not hugely liked by Patriot fans. Being the OC for GOAT isn't the worlds hardest thing. 

Offense ranks in Den:

Offense rank in St Louis:

A lot of players like Josh. Fans not liking him holds no water to this conversation. There were Pats fans wanting Bill Belichick gone after last year. 

With the Broncos in those two years. Broncos had no money to get the players McDaniels wanted and needed. That is proven and a fact. 

Josh has shown to be very adaptable to his scheme. TE heavy, run dominate and a spread offense. 

People can hate him cause he comes from the Pats and the Broncos BS. But he would be a good hire and that’s plain and simple. He cheated who cares. Raiders would cheat back in the day. He was a HC at 35 and failed. Doesn’t mean he’s not a good coach. 

My whole point in all of this is you can easily see a Patriots connection with the request the Raiders have made. 

Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer tweeted on Wednesday. “Ziegler worked with Kelly in Denver under Josh McDaniels and John Fox. Also, Vegas has a scouting director, DuJuan Daniels, who worked with Ziegler in New England. It’s not hard to see how this potentially could come together.”

Agree to disagree 

Edited by agarcia34

14 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

A lot of players like Josh. Fans not liking him holds no water to this conversation. There were Pats fans wanting Bill Belichick gone after last year. 

With the Broncos in those two years. Broncos had no money to get the players McDaniels wanted and needed. That is proven and a fact. 

Josh has shown to be very adaptable to his scheme. TE heavy, run dominate and a spread offense. 

People can hate him cause he comes from the Pats and the Broncos BS. But he would be a good hire and that’s plain and simple. He cheated who cares. Raiders would cheat back in the day. He was a HC at 35 and failed. Doesn’t mean he’s not a good coach. 

My whole point in all of this is you can easily see a Patriots connection with the request the Raiders have made. 

Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer tweeted on Wednesday. “Ziegler worked with Kelly in Denver under Josh McDaniels and John Fox. Also, Vegas has a scouting director, DuJuan Daniels, who worked with Ziegler in New England. It’s not hard to see how this potentially could come together.”

Agree to disagree 

What? He was famous for alienating the entire locker room, as all BB disciples do because of their arrogance.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/josh-mcdaniels-feud-history-jay-cutler-brandon-marshall-todd-haley/

Here is a list of the players who hated him during a 1.5 year stretch. 

You have no evidence he'd be a good hire, he was a disaster as a head coach last time. And as for the Broncos not getting him the players he wanted, he had full roster control and traded up to draft Tim Tebow. He is a clown. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

What? He was famous for alienating the entire locker room, as all BB disciples do because of their arrogance.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/josh-mcdaniels-feud-history-jay-cutler-brandon-marshall-todd-haley/

You have no evidence he'd be a good hire, he was a disaster as a head coach last time. And as for the Broncos not getting him the players he wanted, he had full roster control and traded up to draft Tim Tebow. He is a clown. 

Did I say Every player liked him? No. Does every player like the coach they play for? No.

You’re judging him on something that happened 10 years ago. People grow and become better. No one is saying he didn’t **** up in the past what happened happened but I would bank on it not happening again.

“I think he’s a head coach,” a general manager said. “I think he’s learned from his experience. He’s been humbled. When he got his first job, what was he, 32? If you ask him, he was probably trying to be (Bill) Belichick at the time, trying to be a hard ***, all the things he thought you were supposed to be, instead of just being himself. I think he’s matured. I think he’s a brilliant offensive mind.

15 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Agreed. The decisions he made while he was a HC displayed very bad leadership qualities. I can't disagree with agarcia that he may be a good hire now that time has passed. But the way he handled his decision making made me question whether or not he can lead people. The way he handled the Cutler situation was just cringeworthy. Then the Brandon Marshal controversy. Players didn't respect him, and not just any players, the leaders of the team at the time, his best players, there was just a lot of smoke. 

• Like 2

When you get an opportunity that young there are gonna be some **** ups along the way. A lot of coaches that are great coaches failed at first but getting second opportunities allows them to show the growth and show who they’re. That is my whole point. 

You don’t like him that’s cool. You disagree that’s fine. But he’s a damn good offensive mine. I hope he gets another chance somewhere 

If we get him and the other Patriots clown (getting a GM from a team who draft horribly, awesome move) they will blow up the roster to stamp their "identity" on it and it will end up a steaming pile of dung.

Other than people assuming he has humbled, what evidence is there of that? He has gone back to the same org that churns out arrogant failures for HCs (after failing miserably in STL). 

Edited by Jraider91

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

You don’t like him that’s cool. You disagree that’s fine. But he’s a damn good offensive mine. I hope he gets another chance somewhere 

It's interesting, winning cures all. If he were a jerk but won games, he can probably get away with being a bad leader. So if he gets a shot he's got a chance to redeem himself, jerk or no. If he can create an offense at the level some think he can he's golden. 

20 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Did I say Every player liked him? No. Does every player like the coach they play for? No.

You’re judging him on something that happened 10 years ago. People grow and become better. No one is saying he didn’t **** up in the past what happened happened but I would bank on it not happening again.

“I think he’s a head coach,” a general manager said. “I think he’s learned from his experience. He’s been humbled. When he got his first job, what was he, 32? If you ask him, he was probably trying to be (Bill) Belichick at the time, trying to be a hard ***, all the things he thought you were supposed to be, instead of just being himself. I think he’s matured. I think he’s a brilliant offensive mind.

I literally gave you a list of him falling out with multiple players in less than 2 seasons. Brady denied it but there were multiple reports from insiders of a rift between those two. Imagine if he actually had the balls to rift with GOAT.

Not going to argue any more but I'd 100% keep Rich B over that clown