The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

I'm just going to re-iterate...why is Davis dragging his feet? We've interviewed 2 HC candidates and 1 GM candidate (2 as of today when we finish with our second). (That we know of) When all the other teams are either done or wrapping them up. Some teams have interviewed up to 8-10 candidates. They say we are being thorough, some say we need to hire the right guy not the fastest guy...but we haven't even figured out who we're going to interview yet it seems. It makes me upset, it's the most Raiders thing ever and I've seen Al Davis do this in the past.  

East-West Shrine bowl is in 11 days. Scouting should be in full effect, yet we haven't even interviewed enough GM candidates to figure out who our finalists are, let alone figure out a new coaching and scouting staff (I'm assuming whoever the new GM is won't turn over the scout staff this offseason because it will be too late) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I'm just going to re-iterate...why is Davis dragging his feet? We've interviewed 2 HC candidates and 1 GM candidate (2 as of today when we finish with our second). (That we know of) When all the other teams are either done or wrapping them up. Some teams have interviewed up to 8-10 candidates. They say we are being thorough, some say we need to hire the right guy not the fastest guy...but we haven't even figured out who we're going to interview yet it seems. It makes me upset, it's the most Raiders thing ever and I've seen Al Davis do this in the past.  

East-West Shrine bowl is in 11 days. Scouting should be in full effect, yet we haven't even interviewed enough GM candidates to figure out who our finalists are, let alone figure out a new coaching and scouting staff (I'm assuming whoever the new GM is won't turn over the scout staff this offseason because it will be too late) 

Yea there have been dozens and dozens and dozens of interviews yet very little from us, on the GM and HC front. I don't love that.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yea there have been dozens and dozens and dozens of interviews yet very little from us, on the GM and HC front. I don't love that.

I think the easy answer is we already know what we're doing.  No sense in going ape **** interviewing if we have our plan in place behind closed doors. If is Dodds and Harbs..  it's already done.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Totty said:

I think the easy answer is we already know what we're doing.  No sense in going ape **** interviewing if we have our plan in place behind closed doors. If is Dodds and Harbs..  it's already done.  

I hope you are right, I truly do. I just have zero trust in Davis's ability to make the right decisions. He is so in over his head it's not even funny.

• Like 1

Just now, agarcia34 said:

The Dodds thing is odd to me cause there hasn’t been a report of the Raiders reaching out to him and requesting a interview. Just Ian saying the Raiders should have interest. Maybe that was done in silence and wasn’t made public. 

I think if he currently works for another team it has to be disclosed and officially requested, no? 

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

The only thing I’ll say is, if it’s a 50/50 between Rich and McDaniels, give me Rich. But ideally it’s neither.

Definitely agreed here. I would hate both of these hires. Rich held it together and I applaud his efforts but it just doesn't look like a long-term solution

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Totty said:

If it's done, what are they waiting for? "Rooney rule" is not the answer I want to see here. 

22 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Vic absolutely obsessed with bringing Bisaccia back. It’s really tiresome.

The only thing I’ll say is, if it’s a 50/50 between Rich and McDaniels, give me Rich. But ideally it’s neither.

Give me McDaniels over Bisaccia. At least he can coach an offense. Bisaccia gives you nothing in game planning, play install, scheme, etc. Literally nothing outside being a good guy who listens to players. That works for a small amount of time. Eventually you have to actually coach. 

We saw Bisaccia coach against Andy Reid. Kicked a FG down 35-0. Anyone but Rich Bisaccia please.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Totty said:

It might be the answer you get though.  

But they've literally had an entire week to get them done. Teams have interviews 4 times as many candidates in 1 week. The answer can't be as simple as Rooney rule or it'd be done. There's something else going on.