The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Give me McDaniels over Bisaccia. At least he can coach an offense. Bisaccia gives you nothing in game planning, play install, scheme, etc. Literally nothing outside being a good guy who listens to players. That works for a small amount of time. Eventually you have to actually coach. 

We saw Bisaccia coach against Andy Reid. Kicked a FG down 35-0. Anyone but Rich Bisaccia please.  

I mean, you’re probably right.

I just really don’t want the toxic character and overrated playcaller that is McDaniels anywhere near our building.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Give me McDaniels over Bisaccia. At least he can coach an offense. Bisaccia gives you nothing in game planning, play install, scheme, etc. Literally nothing outside being a good guy who listens to players. That works for a small amount of time. Eventually you have to actually coach. 

We saw Bisaccia coach against Andy Reid. Kicked a FG down 35-0. Anyone but Rich Bisaccia please.  

Finally have someone in the McDaniels corner with me…

Imagine picking Rich over one of the better guys who works with QBs and play designers in the NFL.. Hate runs deep with the Pats 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Finally have someone in the McDaniels corner with me…

Imagine picking Rich over one of the better guys who works with QBs and play designers in the NFL.. Hate runs deep with the Pats 

I'm good with Zeilger, I like him more than most I think. I would love to be proven wrong, but McDaniels scares me. Not his talent or intellect though, I admit he looks like he's smarter than most. 

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I'm good with Zeilger, I like him more than most I think. I would love to be proven wrong, but McDaniels scares me. Not his talent or intellect though, I admit he looks like he's smarter than most. 

I’m with you with Zeilger I like him as well.

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I mean that is really electrocuted or eaten by shark territory. Tbf I do agree though it is absolutely shameful to get skulled like that by a divisional opponent 

https://www.nfl.com/games/raiders-at-broncos-2010-reg-7

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NickButera said:

But they've literally had an entire week to get them done. Teams have interviews 4 times as many candidates in 1 week. The answer can't be as simple as Rooney rule or it'd be done. There's something else going on. 

I'm just saying it's possible.  They could have no idea what they're going to do at all as well.  I just have a feeling it's already done and they're "rooneying" it to satisfy the status quo.

Mark proved by hiring Gruden he's not afraid to spend.  Michigan just offered Harbs a large contact.  He might be getting his ducks in a row.  Maybe Harbs is the guy and he's trying to find a GM that is willing to accept that.  Like, we want you as GM as long as you're cool with working with Harbs.  

I honestly don't know, I just know that anything is possible when it comes to this franchise.  Finally, not being the first team to have a GM and couch in place isn't bad.  If this is truly a methodical approach then good on Mark Davis.  We need to be patient.  

• Like 4

Just now, Totty said:

I'm just saying it's possible.  They could have no idea what they're going to do at all as well.  I just have a feeling it's already done and they're "rooneying" it to satisfy the status quo.

Mark proved by hiring Gruden he's not afraid to spend.  Michigan just offered Harbs a large contact.  He might be getting his ducks in a row.  Maybe Harbs is the guy and he's trying to find a GM that is willing to accept that.  Like, we want you as GM as long as you're cool with working with Harbs.  

I honestly don't know, I just know that anything is possible when it comes to this franchise.  Finally, not being the first team to have a GM and couch in place isn't bad.  If this is truly a methodical approach then good on Mark Davis.  We need to be patient.  

Carolina just hired Ben McAdoo as their OC. Wish we were moving faster and getting these quality candidates 🤣

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I hope you are right, I truly do. I just have zero trust in Davis's ability to make the right decisions. He is so in over his head it's not even funny.

say what you want but we have a shiny new stadium, brand new facilities and one of the top jobs available, Mark aint doing too bad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

The stadium sucks imo. Full of away fans and tourists

the stadium is beautiful, once more locals start showing up and guys stop selling tickets to opposing fans itll get better. We have to win though. 

McDaniels and Ziegler would be our typical mediocre hires. Need to go big. Much prefer Dodds' draft history in Indy/Seattle and the way Indy conducts trades (e.g. 1st for Buckner in 2019 IIRC).

Are we sure McDaniels is even a good OC/play designer? i'd rather go Harbaugh/Leftwich/Moore/Eberflus.

• Like 1