The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, NickButera said:

I'm just going to re-iterate...why is Davis dragging his feet? We've interviewed 2 HC candidates and 1 GM candidate (2 as of today when we finish with our second). (That we know of) When all the other teams are either done or wrapping them up. Some teams have interviewed up to 8-10 candidates. They say we are being thorough, some say we need to hire the right guy not the fastest guy...but we haven't even figured out who we're going to interview yet it seems. It makes me upset, it's the most Raiders thing ever and I've seen Al Davis do this in the past.  

East-West Shrine bowl is in 11 days. Scouting should be in full effect, yet we haven't even interviewed enough GM candidates to figure out who our finalists are, let alone figure out a new coaching and scouting staff (I'm assuming whoever the new GM is won't turn over the scout staff this offseason because it will be too late) 

This is too big for him. No offense, but what qualifications does he have to even be an owner in the first place? A business degree from Chico State? He was handed this because his father was the owner, not because he's been a resounding life success.

I would like to be pleasantly surprised by a hire, but it will be the first time.

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

McDaniels and Ziegler would be our typical mediocre hires. Need to go big. Much prefer Dodds' draft history in Indy/Seattle and the way Indy conducts trades (e.g. 1st for Buckner in 2019 IIRC).

Are we sure McDaniels is even a good OC/play designer? i'd rather go Harbaugh/Leftwich/Moore/Eberflus.

32nd ranked ppg in the league in STL. Would have thought such a genius play caller could have cracked the 20s but that's just me

28 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Would enjoy the chaos here if this happens

As a bonus note, to add to all the drama he made (and hopefully grew out of) in Denver... The way he handled accepting and leaving the Colts organization just seemed more proof of his immaturity. Or maybe there's a better word/phrase, bad social skills? Not knowing how to handle decisions? I dunno. But it was weird. Do these patterns of behavior not concern you? Or rather, what do you make of these situations? Honest question. Because there's definitely an akwardness to the way he handles everyone not named bill belichik. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

As a bonus note, to add to all the drama he made (and hopefully grew out of) in Denver... The way he handled accepting and leaving the Colts organization just seemed more proof of his immaturity. Or maybe there's a better word/phrase, bad social skills? Not knowing how to handle decisions? I dunno. But it was weird. Do these patterns of behavior not concern you? Or rather, what do you make of these situations? Honest question. Because there's definitely an akwardness to the way he handles everyone not named bill belichik. 

This would be so bad it’s unreal. What had McDaniel done to earn benefit of the doubt as an offensive mind? The patriots are known for Brady and great defense, not some offense taking the league by storm.

• Like 1

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Exactly 

A tweet from a Michigan reporter caused this lol

No it's gone national. I was watching an albert breer report and they talked about it. They even brought up more depth than I thought about. Zeigler and McDaniels went to the same school, Ziegler was going to be the GM of the browns if mcdaniels took that job, they're very close. Also... The other GM candidate we interviewed Kelly worked for.mcdaniels.in Denver and is very close to him and may end up as the assistant gm. All our candidates are connected. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

No it's gone national. I was watching an albert breer report and they talked about it. They even brought up more depth than I thought about. Zeigler and McDaniels went to the same school, Ziegler was going to be the GM of the browns if mcdaniels took that job, they're very close. Also... The other GM candidate we interviewed Kelly worked for.mcdaniels.in Denver and is very close to him and may end up as the assistant gm. All our candidates are connected. 

Oh I know the connections. It’s very obvious but no report of a requesting a interview or anything. Right now it’s people connecting the dots and nothing more.