The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Oh I know the connections. It’s very obvious but no report of a requesting a interview or anything. Right now it’s people connecting the dots and nothing more. 

The dots makes sense though. I hate to admit it, but it's logical. Interview GM candidates first and gauge head coaching ideas. Then when you hire the guy you want as gm you go get the head coach you talked about. 

• Like 1

The only reason I'm still thinking it's Harbs is the fact that he has not signed the extension with Michigan yet. That extension most likely has a large buyout in place. So he may actually be waiting on an offer or lack there of from us. Also I'm not in a hurry. We have an acting gm. HC and scouts. So there isn't a need for Davis to hurry if he can't find his guy. I mean he doesn't actually have to even announce that we are standing pat or hiring someone new. I p Or whatever really. As long as the positions are filled by people under contract he doesn't have to do or say anything.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NickButera said:

As a bonus note, to add to all the drama he made (and hopefully grew out of) in Denver... The way he handled accepting and leaving the Colts organization just seemed more proof of his immaturity. Or maybe there's a better word/phrase, bad social skills? Not knowing how to handle decisions? I dunno. But it was weird. Do these patterns of behavior not concern you? Or rather, what do you make of these situations? Honest question. Because there's definitely an akwardness to the way he handles everyone not named bill belichik. 

By no means a McDaniel's fan. But, I would say the opposite of this. While the optics were bad pulling out on the Colts, the reasoning was sound and reflects a level of maturity. 

McDaniels does not want to get back into a Denver like situation. He wants things set up operationally for his success. He wants the right structure from top to the bottom of how the organization functions. I commend him for looking at the situation with the Colts and deciding that the structure didn't fit his design. He could have forced it, but didn't. That shows he learned to some degree from his mistakes in Denver. 

Same reason he withdrew from Cleveland. He wants someone he trusts in the front office picking players. That's big with him. Not ironic in that case that Ziegler and Champ Kelly are getting interviews. 2 guys he trusts possibly.

Davis would seemingly give him the opportunity that he's wanted. To build everything around him with guys he trusts top to bottom. Get the guys he trusts to build the roster he envisions.