The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, TLO said:

Would bring back Bisaccia in a heartbeat over McDaniels 

What does Bisaccia bring to the table? Honest question. Tell me one thing this guy offers a team outside cliché "leader of men" and "players like him" tropes. 

Tell me how is Rich Bisaccia going to out coach Andy Reid and compete to win the AFC West.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What does Bisaccia bring to the table? Honest question. Tell me one thing this guy offers a team outside cliché "leader of men" and "players like him" tropes. 

Tell me how is Rich Bisaccia going to out coach Andy Reid and compete to win the AFC West.

Bisaccia held a team together and took them to the playoffs. What has McDaniels done outside of NE? It’s nice and cozy under BB’s wing, but he’s been a total mess outside of New England. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

By no means a McDaniel's fan. But, I would say the opposite of this. While the optics were bad pulling out on the Colts, the reasoning was sound and reflects a level of maturity. 

McDaniels does not want to get back into a Denver like situation. He wants things set up operationally for his success. He wants the right structure from top to the bottom of how the organization functions. I commend him for looking at the situation with the Colts and deciding that the structure didn't fit his design. He could have forced it, but didn't. That shows he learned to some degree from his mistakes in Denver. 

Same reason he withdrew from Cleveland. He wants someone he trusts in the front office picking players. That's big with him. Not ironic in that case that Ziegler and Champ Kelly are getting interviews. 2 guys he trusts possibly.

Davis would seemingly give him the opportunity that he's wanted. To build everything around him with guys he trusts top to bottom. Get the guys he trusts to build the roster he envisions. 

What has he done to deserve being so picky though and the teams he rejected both have done well since and are well regarded as having great structures (both have FO staff being interviewed by other teams). Suggests his judgement is very suspect. He doesn't want a solid structure he wants total control along with the other NE lackey.

No team has done well trying to mirror the Pats - all of the FO hires have flamed out aside from Ballard who has instituted a different culture because Vrabel got out from under Belichick

Edited by Jraider91

I don't think Mcdaniels is a bad choice.  I would just prefer a defensive coach this time around. I think I mentioned him as an option in the other coach thread. But he is definitely a few names down the list for me.  I think Mcdaniels would do well with Carr. I would hope for a top notch DC to come with him.  Maybe Jerod Mayo or Wink Martindale.  

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Bisaccia held a team together and took them to the playoffs. What has McDaniels done outside of NE? It’s nice and cozy under BB’s wing, but he’s been a total mess outside of New England. 

Okay... and that means what in 2022 and beyond? What else does he offer as a head coach?

1 hour ago, Jraider91 said:

What has he done to deserve being so picky though and the teams he rejected both have done well since and are well regarded as having great structures (both have FO staff being interviewed by other teams). Suggests his judgement is very suspect. He doesn't want a solid structure he wants total control along with the other NE lackey.

No team has done well trying to mirror the Pats - all of the FO hires have flamed out aside from Ballard who has instituted a different culture because Vrabel got out from under Belichick

This is false. It was reported at the time, he wants a FO he trusts to pick players. Wants to work in unison with a GM on constructing a roster. 

I don't disagree. I'm not a fan of the Pats tree. My argument here is, I would rather take a shot on McDaniels than hand Bisaccia a job he's not qualified for long term. 

Vrabel never was under Belichick. He started at Ohio State and the was the DC for Bill O'Brien.

Ballard was never with the Pats.... he came from KC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

This is false. It was reported at the time, he wants a FO he trusts to pick players. Wants to work in unison with a GM on constructing a roster. 

I don't disagree. I'm not a fan of the Pats tree. My argument here is, I would rather take a shot on McDaniels than hand Bisaccia a job he's not qualified for long term. 

Vrabel never was under Belichick. He started at Ohio State and the was the DC for Bill O'Brien.

Ballard was never with the Pats.... he came from KC. 

Yeah was thinking the Titans GM my bad 

Well he would say that wouldn't he? Colts & Browns have been two of the best drafting/acquisition teams in the league since their FO was installed - his judgement should be questioned. He wants control.