The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

He has had to deal with one of the worst secondary’s as far as talent. A lot of good DC do get to coach some very good players which gives them the ability to become a HC, but his adjustments and play calls are really good. 

Edited by agarcia34

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

Where has KNJ been successful. I’m not opposed to moving on from Bissacia, but let’s just make sure it’s an upgrade. Rich may be limited but he’s had more success than a lot of coaches in his short time here. A lot of teams fold in these circumstances. I think a lot of y’all are taking what he did for granted 

Not taking what he did for granted but I am also not forgetting that when we got to face a lot of backup and 3rd stringers because of covid.  Our record is a lot worse if we have to face starting QBs.  We had close wins, close loses, and ugly losses.  We should have lost to the Browns, Broncos, and Dallas but we got lucky.  I was not saying I wanted KNJ.  I was one of the first people in here calling for him to be fired.  I was simply comparing the 2 as supposed leaders of men that have limited strategy knowledge.  I want neither as my head coach.  KNJ was seen as a successful LB coach his first time in Seattle.

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What does Bisaccia bring to the table? Honest question. Tell me one thing this guy offers a team outside cliché "leader of men" and "players like him" tropes. 

Tell me how is Rich Bisaccia going to out coach Andy Reid and compete to win the AFC West.

You seem to have mistaken my post as a Bisaccia endorsement. Only using him as a baseline to show how little I think of Josh McDaniels.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

But has not signed the contract they have on the table for him now. The last contract actually reduced his salary by almost half.

Yep, it was surprising they even offered him an extension after how poorly the teams had performed especially in 2020 but the reduction in salary made sense. I didn't realize there was another on the table as of now though

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Not taking what he did for granted but I am also not forgetting that when we got to face a lot of backup and 3rd stringers because of covid.  Our record is a lot worse if we have to face starting QBs.  We had close wins, close loses, and ugly losses.  We should have lost to the Browns, Broncos, and Dallas but we got lucky.  I was not saying I wanted KNJ.  I was one of the first people in here calling for him to be fired.  I was simply comparing the 2 as supposed leaders of men that have limited strategy knowledge.  I want neither as my head coach.  KNJ was seen as a successful LB coach his first time in Seattle.

How were we supposed to lose to the Browns, Broncos and Cowboys? Baker Mayfield is trash, we beat Teddy earlier in the year, Cowboys we’re missing some guys but it’s any given Sunday(Thursday). It’s the NFL, you are what your record says you are. If the 9ers go to the SB should it not count because they got there on a lucky punt block? 

My new Top 4:

1) Brian Daboll + Malik Willis combination. Preferably Trey Brown GM too, proven drafter. 

2) Sean Payton (almost no chance though)

3) Jim Harbaugh

4) DeMeco Ryans

If it’s anyone outside of these four, I will be really disappointed. 

Chief/Bill game showed you need an elite QB with elite pocket movement. Carr is the furthest thing from elite pocket movement, not even Top 20-25. 

Daboll developing Malik Willis is a gamble, but if you want a high pay off, you GAMBLE and are AGGRESSIVE. If you want a 7-10 to 11-6 football team every year, sure, keep Carr. 

Also, Rodgers to Denver is looking very LIKELY. We need to match Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers. We aren’t doing that with Carr and anyone who thinks Carr is on those guy’s level, or sniffs anywhere close to it, is just a fanboy who doesn’t realize they are a fanboy. 

Edited by BayRaider