The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

My new Top 4:

1) Brian Daboll + Malik Willis combination. Preferably Trey Brown GM too, proven drafter. 

2) Sean Payton (almost no chance though)

3) Jim Harbaugh

4) DeMeco Ryans

If it’s anyone outside of these four, I will be really disappointed. 

Chief/Bill game showed you need an elite QB with elite pocket movement. Carr is the furthest thing from elite pocket movement, not even Top 20-25. 

Daboll developing Malik Willis is a gamble, but if you want a high pay off, you GAMBLE and are AGGRESSIVE. If you want a 7-10 to 11-6 football team every year, sure, keep Carr. 

Also, Rodgers to Denver is looking very LIKELY. We need to match Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers. We aren’t doing that with Carr and anyone who thinks Carr is on those guy’s level, or sniffs anywhere close to it, is just a fanboy who doesn’t realize they are a fanboy. 

i feel that’s a bit recency bias. Sure the bills/chiefs game displayed 2 of the best qb talents in the league and sure they are more talented than carr but my biggest take away this weekend was that the niners proved having a stout defense and a solid running game can drag even a bum like jimmy to a championship game. If Dodds and harbs are hired they won’t be focusing on weapons to be getting into shoot outs with or a contest of who’s qb is better they’ll for sure be looking to build our defense and make sure we are playing bully ball on offense 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

My new Top 4:

1) Brian Daboll + Malik Willis combination. Preferably Trey Brown GM too, proven drafter. 

2) Sean Payton (almost no chance though)

3) Jim Harbaugh

4) DeMeco Ryans

If it’s anyone outside of these four, I will be really disappointed. 

Chief/Bill game showed you need an elite QB with elite pocket movement. Carr is the furthest thing from elite pocket movement, not even Top 20-25. 

Daboll developing Malik Willis is a gamble, but if you want a high pay off, you GAMBLE and are AGGRESSIVE. If you want a 7-10 to 11-6 football team every year, sure, keep Carr. 

Also, Rodgers to Denver is looking very LIKELY. We need to match Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers. We aren’t doing that with Carr and anyone who thinks Carr is on those guy’s level, or sniffs anywhere close to it, is just a fanboy who doesn’t realize they are a fanboy. 

Daboll's playcalling was suspect for large parts of tonight (he took the ball out of Allen's hands 2x on 3rd and short and was stuffed) and Willis just isn't that good of a prospect 

57 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Daboll's playcalling was suspect for large parts of tonight (he took the ball out of Allen's hands 2x on 3rd and short and was stuffed) and Willis just isn't that good of a prospect 

Eh just like Allen, Lamar, Mahomes and many more were not good prospects. Even hated Allen myself. 

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Eh just like Allen, Lamar, Mahomes and many more were not good prospects. Even hated Allen myself. 

They were good prospects though hence the draft class being considered very strong. Mahomes was traded up for and taken top 10 along with Allen. 

Jackson was slept on for sure, although there are still Qs over him beating the best teams in the big games. He is great but feasts on poor Ds, not proven it yet. The two studs both drafted top 10, be shocked to see any QBs in this class there. 

8 hours ago, Edz209 said:

i feel that’s a bit recency bias. Sure the bills/chiefs game displayed 2 of the best qb talents in the league and sure they are more talented than carr but my biggest take away this weekend was that the niners proved having a stout defense and a solid running game can drag even a bum like jimmy to a championship game. If Dodds and harbs are hired they won’t be focusing on weapons to be getting into shoot outs with or a contest of who’s qb is better they’ll for sure be looking to build our defense and make sure we are playing bully ball on offense 

True but the niners are also the same team that traded up to number 3 in the draft to take a QB because of Jimmy G. 

The Niners, Chiefs and Rams are all elite with coaching. I can assure you that if Jimmy G was good the niners would be more of a passing team like the Rams or Chiefs. Good coaches adapt to their team’s strengths. 

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

Yet no mention of Herbert bay? And no thanks on Willis, if we’re gonna move on from carr this year I’d rather give MM his shot and try to get a top ‘23 prospect. IMO.

Yeah agreed, 2 QBs I love next year are Stroud, Haener and I also wouldn't rule Rattler out just yet. So much physical talent. 

18 hours ago, Geezy said:

How were we supposed to lose to the Browns, Broncos and Cowboys? Baker Mayfield is trash, we beat Teddy earlier in the year, Cowboys we’re missing some guys but it’s any given Sunday(Thursday). It’s the NFL, you are what your record says you are. If the 9ers go to the SB should it not count because they got there on a lucky punt block? 

Difference between the 49ers and use is the they got lucky on a play within a game.  Teddy threw for 334 yards, 3 TD, and 3 ints against us.  Lock threw for 153 yards.  We on by 4 points the second time.  I am not saying Teddu is great but he is a much better QB than Lock.  Once again not saying Mayfield is a good QB but he is much better than Mullens who was their 3rd string QB.  They were also without Landry.  I understand any given Sunday but my point was we obtained an advantage that we will not normally get because of Covid.

Daboll was a failed OC from the Bill Belichick tree. I thought we hated those, no?

Did nothing in the NFL until he was gifted Josh Allen. And some of you want him as the HC? Talk about recency bias. 

Before crediting him with "developing Josh Allen" I'd put more of that on Ken Dorsey, the QB coach who worked with Cam Newton before Josh Allen.

Daboll feels like the prototypical better OC than HC candidate to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Difference between the 49ers and use is the they got lucky on a play within a game.  Teddy threw for 334 yards, 3 TD, and 3 ints against us.  Lock threw for 153 yards.  We on by 4 points the second time.  I am not saying Teddu is great but he is a much better QB than Lock.  Once again not saying Mayfield is a good QB but he is much better than Mullens who was their 3rd string QB.  They were also without Landry.  I understand any given Sunday but my point was we obtained an advantage that we will not normally get because of Covid.

Teddys yards came in garbage time, we should’ve beat them by 4 TDs. The Broncos we’re running it all over teams when we played them with lock and we shut that down. Let’s not act like Teddy and Baker are some Pro Bow level QBs 

Just now, Geezy said:

Teddys yards came in garbage time, we should’ve beat them by 4 TDs. The Broncos we’re running it all over teams when we played them with lock and we shut that down. Let’s not act like Teddy and Baker are some Pro Bow level QBs 

Nobody said they where even good QBs but they are much better than their backups.  Them playing could have very easily been the difference.  We barely beat teams that had loses at key positions.  We where not a playoff level team.  Why is that so hard to understand.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

That’s one down, one to go for the Rooney rule. And I’m not saying he’s not a viable candidate. However, I will say I have reservations about a move from lber coach to HC. And of course the bellichik tree. But if someone else gets the HC gig. Maybe a potential DC candidate? And yes, just spitballin here.lol

57 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Nobody said they where even good QBs but they are much better than their backups.  Them playing could have very easily been the difference.  We barely beat teams that had loses at key positions.  We where not a playoff level team.  Why is that so hard to understand.

because its BS, they started 5-2, Went through a period where they had to figure things out mid-season and bounced back. They beat good teams, no win came against a team with less than 7 wins. We smacked Denver with Teddy ON THE ROAD, what wouldve been different had he played? Indy was as hot as anyone, SD game was a playoff game and they came through. They were one play away from advancing vs Cincy? How is that not a playoff team? And why do some of you guys go so far to discredit these guys?

• Like 1