The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Great work Mark.

Relax and let the process play out. I wouldn’t hate either of these two structures: 

Option 1:

GM - Ed Dodds

HC - Jim Harbaugh

OC - TBD

DC - Vic Fangio 

Option 2:

GM - Dave Ziegler

OC - TBD

HC - Josh McDaniels 

DC - Jerod Mayo 

Would be a home run if Rich returned as ST Coach/Assistant Head Coach and served as a liaison between the former and current regime. 

1 HC interview a week, Mark must be really doing that due diligence.

Rapaport mentioned this morning in the report about Mayo that Dodds is due in for his GM interview later this week. If that is indeed our 4th and final GM interview, maybe we’ll start to see some more movement on the HC front soon.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:21 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is too big for him. No offense, but what qualifications does he have to even be an owner in the first place? A business degree from Chico State? He was handed this because his father was the owner, not because he's been a resounding life success.

I would like to be pleasantly surprised by a hire, but it will be the first time.

Dan Snyder, Woody Johnson and Shahid Khan are very successful business men but awful owners so I don't think business acumen is that paramount, usually very successful business types are very disagreeable personalities and I personally think Mark Davis is an owner a lot of GMs and HCs would want to work with. He's humble, seems a good guy and is a genuine fan not someone looking to make yet another buck, all good qualities I think.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Daboll was a failed OC from the Bill Belichick tree. I thought we hated those, no?

Did nothing in the NFL until he was gifted Josh Allen. And some of you want him as the HC? Talk about recency bias. 

Before crediting him with "developing Josh Allen" I'd put more of that on Ken Dorsey, the QB coach who worked with Cam Newton before Josh Allen.

Daboll feels like the prototypical better OC than HC candidate to me. 

Daboll is also proving he can be successful outside of NE. Gifted a raw QB that needed development, and structured an offense to suit his QBs strengths. 

22 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Dan Snyder, Woody Johnson and Shahid Khan are very successful business men but awful owners so I don't think business acumen is that paramount, usually very successful business types are very disagreeable personalities and I personally think Mark Davis is an owner a lot of GMs and HCs would want to work with. He's humble, seems a good guy and is a genuine fan not someone looking to make yet another buck, all good qualities I think.

Mark's best quality is knowing what he doesnt know and letting football guys do their job. As a GM/HC, id love to work for an owner that doesnt handcuff me and allows me to do my job. 

• Like 2

I really don’t see it with Daboll. Doesn’t seem to have great play designs. Think you can give him credit for the growth of Allen but Josh Allen won’t be his QB and I have a hard time seeing him being a successful coach without Josh 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

He’s a good genuine guy that has fielded 2 winning teams in the last 20 years. I think I’m well within my right to criticize his limited capabilities.

25 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He’s a good genuine guy that has fielded 2 winning teams in the last 20 years. I think I’m well within my right to criticize his limited capabilities.

He hasn't been the owner the last twenty years, only since 2011 I think. Now, obviously we've been far from a roaring success but he has made the playoffs twice and did inherit a complete mess. He did something Al couldn't do and landed a great stadium deal that cost him a fraction of what it should have. I'm not saying he's awesome but we could do a lot worse IMHO.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

10 years, he took over in 2012 for all intents and purposes.

I'd much rather have Mark as an owner than 3/4 of the other owners. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

He hasn't been the owner the last twenty years, only since 2011 I think. Now, obviously we've been far from a roaring success but he has made the playoffs twice and did inherit a complete mess. He did something Al couldn't do and landed a great stadium deal that cost him a fraction of what it should have. I'm not saying he's awesome but we could do a lot worse IMHO.

Sure but I’m not interested in “could do worse”. I want us to win a super bowl in the next 20 years. Can we? Maybe but I don’t have faith in these guys to get the front office right.

They’re already saying they’re not gonna be able to interview Ryan’s until next week, so unless there’s another minority interview this week we’re stalled out. No matter who MD wants he can’t hire them this week unless it’s Mayo, and I’m not sure they STILL wouldn’t have to interview a second minority candidate. Dang y’all? Lol!

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Sure but I’m not interested in “could do worse”. I want us to win a super bowl in the next 20 years. Can we? Maybe but I don’t have faith in these guys to get the front office right.

Even if he hires dodds ? Just wondering cuz he is the overwhelming favorite for the fans . I just read an article with a poll and he was at 56% with 4 other candidates. No one else was close. I’m not going back over the posts just curious, who is your favorite bro?