The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

Even if he hires dodds ? Just wondering cuz he is the overwhelming favorite for the fans . I just read an article with a poll and he was at 56% with 4 other candidates. No one else was close. I’m not going back over the posts just curious, who is your favorite bro?

Dodds 100% fam. Look at the way Indy has built their team. Draft and develop, always have cap space, make smart trades, etc. If Mark actually hires him I'll give him some praise.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Sure but I’m not interested in “could do worse”. I want us to win a super bowl in the next 20 years. Can we? Maybe but I don’t have faith in these guys to get the front office right.

True, but it won't be because of his business success or lack their of (though from a business side of things the move to Vegas with the stadium deal aswell was huge) it'll be dependant on who he listens to and who he plumps for as HC and GM. I think we'll strike gold this time ..........ever the optimist 😀😀

• Like 2

IMO, it is dodds. They didn’t even put in an interview request until after they had the required interviews. I mean dajuan Daniels seems respected and liked, but does anybody really truly think he’s a gm candidate at this point in his career? And for Pete sakes he’s already in the organization. He got interviewed for 2 reasons IMO, Rooney rule requirements and to see if he can be moved up under a new gm. This is just my speculation, but it makes sense. Everybody keeps talking about harbs not even being set up for an interview, but IMO if that happens too early, other candidates will back out plain and simple. We’ll see......to be continued. Lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

IMO, it is dodds. They didn’t even put in an interview request until after they had the required interviews. I mean dajuan Daniels seems respected and liked, but does anybody really truly think he’s a gm candidate at this point in his career? And for Pete sakes he’s already in the organization. He got interviewed for 2 reasons IMO, Rooney rule requirements and to see if he can be moved up under a new gm. This is just my speculation, but it makes sense. Everybody keeps talking about harbs not even being set up for an interview, but IMO if that happens too early, other candidates will back out plain and simple. We’ll see......to be continued. Lol

Everything should add up. Great track record in indy/seattle. Raider ties. Talks about going for more, not being satisfied with a wild card game. Everything you want IMO.

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

because its BS, they started 5-2, Went through a period where they had to figure things out mid-season and bounced back. They beat good teams, no win came against a team with less than 7 wins. We smacked Denver with Teddy ON THE ROAD, what wouldve been different had he played? Indy was as hot as anyone, SD game was a playoff game and they came through. They were one play away from advancing vs Cincy? How is that not a playoff team? And why do some of you guys go so far to discredit these guys?

I am just trying to see the good and the bad that took place instead of blindly looking at the record.  They were 5-2 and then they started collapsing.  They came together for two wins then they started collapsing again.  They lost to the Giants, Chiefs, Bengals, barely defeated a Cowboys team missing its two top WRs, lost to the WFT and Chiefs again, then barely beat a 3rd stringer plus others being out in Cleveland, barely beat the Broncos with Lock at QB, and beat the Colts by a FG who the next week got smacked around against the worst team in the league with the playoffs on the line.  The Chargers was a good game but it is a divisional game so you never know.  Now do I think this was a good team before crap hit the fan? Yes.  But this is not even close to the same team with replacing Gruden with Rich and Ruggs with DJax.  We did not win because of Rich and we will be a worse team with him as a head coach next year compared to getting a good coach.  Rich is not going to scheme us to any victories and and there is talk of him bringing back Olson.  That alone should disqualify him if they are even thinking about bringing him back.  The team itself is a few players and a good coach away from being good but our issue now is going to be bad contracts and resigning our own talent.  Cap is going to cause us to make some difficult decisions and we need to figure out the QB position.  I think once again we will have to decide between Carr and a DE.  2023 we have a lot of cap space but we also only have 10 starters and some are not that good.  I do not see use getting back to the playoffs until 2024 and that is if we do everything right.  I could be wrong but I think this team got lucky this year more than getting better after losing Gruden and Ruggs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Your Rooney rule candidates have to be outside the organization. Champ Kelly is the only one that fits that right now. That said, they could have some zoom interviews that are not being reported. Raiders seem to keep things close to the vest with all of this.

4 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Everyone wants to trash MD constantly (let’s face it grudock blew up in his face big time) but I think he’s handling things this time around a lot better, quieter and smarter. Imo

Seems to be learning from mistakes. And he's got a lot of moving parts. The team won 10 games, made a playoff appearance. He has a interim coach and staff to consider. A "good enough" QB who's future is up in the air. I imagine part of the GM/coaching conversations are around "what would you do with Carr".

I appreciate the approach thus far. He has to nail both hires. If he hires someone who crashes after a 10 win season,  he'll be at fault. 

• Like 2

Did not know that part, thank you sir for the info. Good to know, I’ll always take more knowledge. 👍 when you get a chance, let me know what you think of that late rd qb prospect I mentioned. Just curious about your thoughts. I already asked one poster but he hasn’t seen fit to get back to me. Lol! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am just trying to see the good and the bad that took place instead of blindly looking at the record.  They were 5-2 and then they started collapsing.  They came together for two wins then they started collapsing again.  They lost to the Giants, Chiefs, Bengals, barely defeated a Cowboys team missing its two top WRs, lost to the WFT and Chiefs again, then barely beat a 3rd stringer plus others being out in Cleveland, barely beat the Broncos with Lock at QB, and beat the Colts by a FG who the next week got smacked around against the worst team in the league with the playoffs on the line.  The Chargers was a good game but it is a divisional game so you never know.  Now do I think this was a good team before crap hit the fan? Yes.  But this is not even close to the same team with replacing Gruden with Rich and Ruggs with DJax.  We did not win because of Rich and we will be a worse team with him as a head coach next year compared to getting a good coach.  Rich is not going to scheme us to any victories and and there is talk of him bringing back Olson.  That alone should disqualify him if they are even thinking about bringing him back.  The team itself is a few players and a good coach away from being good but our issue now is going to be bad contracts and resigning our own talent.  Cap is going to cause us to make some difficult decisions and we need to figure out the QB position.  I think once again we will have to decide between Carr and a DE.  2023 we have a lot of cap space but we also only have 10 starters and some are not that good.  I do not see use getting back to the playoffs until 2024 and that is if we do everything right.  I could be wrong but I think this team got lucky this year more than getting better after losing Gruden and Ruggs.

Ive stated thatd id be for Rich to return if that meant wed upgrade at OC. I think Bradley did good enough in year one to return, and see if a couple more pieces can make us into a legit defense. On offense, i think the biggest thing is getting a play caller than can manufacture easy touches for play makers. The way McVay gets the ball into OBJs and Kupps hands, Taylor gets it to Chase, Reid gets it to Hill and Kelce etc. Were so robotic on offense, i think DC is good enough to compete with the best but he needs help from the play caller, and those around him. With a crap OL, no run game, and Gruden calling plays with his full set of weapons our offense was on point. The run game got going, but our OL was still a weakness, with pressure and penalties, even in the run game i think Josh made a lot out of nothing. I think with a piece or two on the OL, and a WR the offense can be competitive again. With all that said, id still prefer Harbaugh and even some other candidates over Rich. More of my comments have been about what these guys did this past year and giving them the credit thats due. They were a playoff team, thats a fact. Long term, we need someone to compete with the Andy Reids of the world. i dont think its all gloom and doom, we have pieces to compete, its sucks that we might have to overhaul the staff and with that comes a roster overhaul, but were good at key pieces and dont need a complete rebuild like some may think. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Your Rooney rule candidates have to be outside the organization. Champ Kelly is the only one that fits that right now. That said, they could have some zoom interviews that are not being reported. Raiders seem to keep things close to the vest with all of this.

I’m sure I read that we interviewed Trey Brown from the Bengals as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Nightmare said:

I’m sure I read that we interviewed Trey Brown from the Bengals as well.

Which is actually not a bad candidate. I like his personality and proven drafter. I’d prefer someone with more experience, but not a bad candidate.