The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Making a grave mistake, again. I swear fans and front office of this organization love repeating the same mistakes over and over and over. It’s like watching that Tom Cruise movie I forget the name of, Edge of something. James will be awful next year. Bank on that. Was playing some meh DL’s to close out the year, and plenty of DL injuries. 

Edge of Tomorrow

It’s a strange one with the odds, definitely. Probably best taken with a pinch of salt as betting odds are swayed by how many people or how much money has been staked on an individual prop. It could just be that lots of Raiders fans are still placing bets on this even although the news/leaks have dried up in the past few days.

OR, it could be that someone somewhere has heard something and placed a large bet to bring the odds in this much.

Still got my eye on DeMeco Ryans as well and see what the 49ers do this Sunday. I’d rather have an offensive Head Coach though. The four remaining coaches in the playoffs are all offensive Head Coaches. This is an offensive league. Also, much easier for players to learn a defense every few years than learn an offense every few years. Having a Defensive HC and rotating OC’s is a recipe for disaster. Bellicheck got lucky with Brady/McDaniels. A Offensive HC and rotating DC’s is much more proven approach (since your successful DC’s will leave to be HC). 

Serious interest in Bowels I just heard. Ehhh. I have zero doubts he’d build a great defense. I just don’t trust him hiring an OC and managing the overall offense. His offensive situation on the Jets was laughable, and he did absolutely zero about it year after yesr after year. 

No thanks on bowles, I will however take the interview. The serious interest part I’m dubious on, we just got done hearing 5 days worth of serious interest in mcd. Lol. Of course they gotta sell it, I’m not saying he’s a not a good coach or viable candidate. I will say however, his job in TB is infinitely easier with the players he has on d, plenty to work with there. Lmao!