The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

57 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You pay me millions of guaranteed cash, I'll believe I can compete in the AFC West with Nathan Peterman at QB. 

McDaniels has been reportedly incredibly picky with who he talks to, clearly not about the money else he wouldn't have bounced Indy. 

Just now, TheMadStork said:

I haven’t looked through this whole thread but I’m surprised I haven’t seen anyone interested in hiring Flores. 
I was surprised Miami let him though. I thought he was doing a great job there. 
I would hope the Raiders are looking to interview him.

Think Flores has some reputation rebuilding that he needs to go through.. apparently he was a massive ******* with the Dolphins and was toxic. Plus he goes through OCs like crazy. 

23 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have never been bullish on any of our coaching hires.... ever.  

Let me ask you what is your alternative here?  Harbaugh and some random GM that he doesn't know.  If this were to happen you would have to assume it would be a Gruden type of contract to land JH who would ultimately have have power over any GM.  

There is an established hierarchy with this hiring with tow guys who know and respect each other.  I like that better than trying to pair a GM/HC who don;t know each other and are bound to have differing philosophies.  

Harbaugh and a GM of Mark's choosing was my number one choice. I don't know of any reports that Harbaugh would've wanted personnel power but if offered it would sour my view of him. I think it says wonders that he put up with a snake like Baalke for so long. My thinking is he just wanted a GM he could respect and who wouldn't try to undermine him. His track record in the NFL is more desire-able too. 

My other preferred choices were Daboll and Demeco Ryans. The latter might be too early for some but I'd rather be early on a guy like him. I would be fine with Flores too although his OC decisions were very concerning.

I guess I'd rather have Josh/Ziegler than a Hackett/Bowles/Morris. Hackett I believe is a product of LaFleur/Rodger. I see Bowles/Morris as guys you don't win a SB with but have earned another shot at HC. But at least they don't have the character concerns McDaniels has earned.

Just have to hope for the best. I'm surprised you're so gung-ho on them.

It does make me wonder why NE isn't putting up more of a fight to keep them. Josh was reportedly lured back from the Colts by being assured he was going to be the heir. Now he and the to-be GM are leaving and there's no effort to keep them? Maybe Bill decided he's staying longer than he thought.

Edit: Or they don't see them as big losses? Which does not bode well.

Edited by Dodo

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

JM is determined to build a dynasty and has been quite selective about where he wants to do this.  He does not want to fail and has a massive ego.  If this goes wrong he is done coaching in the NFL.  He is not going to a situation that he doesn't think he can have both immediate and long term success. 

He has a QB that he can build around and win with.  I hope you're prepared to see Carr get paid and be behind center for the foreseeable future.  You have been one of the biggest Carr haters on here and now we have a HC who is considered one of the brightest minds in the NFL who is thrilled to build around a Qb who you have called trash for years.

You must be devastated and feel like all of your hate on Carr was completely off base.  Our new HC clearly agrees with my stance on Carr or else he would have never accepted this job.  Once again Frankie is right and you guys love it!!!!

You’ll love anything that says anything good about carr. You would co-sign us hiring a hs coach if he said carr was his guy. 

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

It does make me wonder why NE isn't putting up more of a fight to keep them. Josh was reportedly lured back from the Colts by being assured he was going to be the heir. Now he and the to-be GM are leaving and there's no effort to keep them? Maybe Bill decided he's staying longer than he thought.

Bill O'Brien ran their offense very well when JMD was in Den & STL. Apparently he is coming back 

3 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Players/coaches always use us for leverage to get what they really want.