Trey Sermon

brownie man

He just lost the job to Mitchell.

Eventually, when Shanny figures out whatever this offense is, I imagine he'll get a bigger share of the offense and they will utilize him in a rotational role, but that may not happen until next year. I've never been a huge fan of the selection, but some in here, like J, think it will get substantially better when Lance takes over for good, so I'm just holding out hope that is correct lol 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

He just lost the job to Mitchell.

Eventually, when Shanny figures out whatever this offense is, I imagine he'll get a bigger share of the offense and they will utilize him in a rotational role, but that may not happen until next year. I've never been a huge fan of the selection, but some in here, like J, think it will get substantially better when Lance takes over for good, so I'm just holding out hope that is correct lol 

I am also still a big fan of this pick. He played well when given the opportunity. As to why he's not getting any opportunities, your guess is as good as mine. He played well in Seattle when he was basically the only option. He must have farted in Shanny's office or something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I am also still a big fan of this pick. He played well when given the opportunity. As to why he's not getting any opportunities, your guess is as good as mine. He played well in Seattle when he was basically the only option. He must have farted in Shanny's office or something. 

The pick was a total head scratcher for me. Like there's absolutely no reason we should ever draft a RB that high as long as Shanny is the coach. I mean does anyone here believe Sermon will ever play at a level to warrant a second contract? He has talent but not the type of talent where you could see him being extended as the RB1. He doesn't have elite physical talent. He has some attractive traits but nothing that wows you. He's a bigger, slightly better version of Jeff Wilson. That's not worth a 3rd round pick imo.

LOVED us picking Mitchell where we did. Thought that was tremendous value considering his skillset and he's definitely lived up to my expectations.

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

The pick was a total head scratcher for me. Like there's absolutely no reason we should ever draft a RB that high as long as Shanny is the coach. I mean does anyone here believe Sermon will ever play at a level to warrant a second contract? He has talent but not the type of talent where you could see him being extended as the RB1. He doesn't have elite physical talent. He has some attractive traits but nothing that wows you. He's a bigger, slightly better version of Jeff Wilson. That's not worth a 3rd round pick imo.

LOVED us picking Mitchell where we did. Thought that was tremendous value considering his skillset and he's definitely lived up to my expectations.

I don’t see why not. I mentioned during the draft that he reminded me of Leveon Bell. Bell was an absolute terror at his peak, but didn’t seem to have the want to be great after he got paid. I think Sermon could be a fantastic weapon for this team.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I don’t see why not. I mentioned during the draft that he reminded me of Leveon Bell. Bell was an absolute terror at his peak, but didn’t seem to have the want to be great after he got paid. I think Sermon could be a fantastic weapon for this team.

Meh, I just don't see it. He has some power and a bit of wiggle for his size. Maybe in a different scheme I could see the potential. But for what we need him to do within Shanny's run game, I don't see how he was worthy of a 3rd round pick. Time will tell the tale.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, brownie man said:

wtf is going on.

No one has any clue what is going on with our offense. It's been a discombobulated mess. Poor game plans. 

For example, week 2 against the eagles, it was very obvious to me that the way to attack them was on the edges. Their LBs don't flow well and we would negate their strength of their DL to use our speed to get the edge and just get a seal or two on their DL and we could have huge plays. It's meat and potatoes type stuff for us, very basic and a huge part of our offense every week. We usually kill teams on the edges. Instead of doing that, we ran up the middle into a brick wall right at Fletcher Cox for 3 quarters. The only runs we actually got more than 2 yards on were to the edges, toss plays and such, but we didn't call a single one until the deep into the third quarter. It was absolutely maddening. 

Something is wrong with our offense. None of us know what's wrong. It would be a lot easier if we didn't have a head coach that many deemed to be a generational offensive coach and we could just say that our coaches suck. Instead, it's very frustrating to have illogical gameplans with illogical player usage. Kyle shanahan seems shook and we have no offensive identity. It's like we have no idea what we want to do each week and we have no idea how defenses are going to play us. 

WIth all that being said, Kyle has earned his stripes. He's been around the block a few hundred times. The NFL is a cat and mouse game and he's always found a way to get an edge. It's our bye week now. I am willing to give Kyle another few games to figure this out before I realllllly start to panic lol 

If you have sermon in a dynasty league, you are just going to have to hold him and hope he pans out. Not sure you'll get proper value for him