Week 6 GDT: Raiders (3-2) @ Broncos (3-2)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Will we win post Gruden?

• Yes
    • No

29 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Bravery doesn’t make you a good coach. 

You said he seems low energy. He didn't seem low energy when he was willing to go after Greg Hardy on the sidelines while the rest of the staff was scared. Brice Butler are out and said he was one of his favorite coaches ever.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You said he seems low energy. He didn't seem low energy when he was willing to go after Greg Hardy on the sidelines while the rest of the staff was scared. Brice Butler are out and said he was one of his favorite coaches ever.

A huge part of coaching(especially being a head coach) is do the players respond to you? He seems on the type of guy that players respond to. But again only time will tell

General Manager Mike Mayock said today that the team supports Nassib.

“He requested a personal day today,” Mayock said of Nassib. “He just said he’s got a lot to process, there’s a lot that’s been going on the last few days, and of course we support that request.”

building still shook Sunday will be interesting 

I didn’t like the responses or body language from the Raiders organization yesterday. They all preached we have a game to play but they seem to avoid anything about Gruden. Not a good sign. Seems to me they are in a state of shock still. 

I got a feeling we get the breaks beat off us.  This Team needs a bye week

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I didn’t like the responses or body language from the Raiders organization yesterday. They all preached we have a game to play but they seem to avoid anything about Gruden. Not a good sign. Seems to me they are in a state of shock still. 

Same thing. The tone and body language made them look defeated. Coupled with the owner hiding out, it looked bad all around.

On 10/13/2021 at 6:20 AM, true2form said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say we blow the doors off of Denver.  Those on the team that are happy Gruden is gone will have pep in their step.  Those that are ticked he's gone will be fired up for coach.

Everyone will get excited for what's to come and maybe we will be just fine.  Then the wheels fall off in typical Raider fashion with .500 play at best the rest of the way.

Only with the Raiders, lol.

Of course it could just be ugly from here on too. 😉 

At least you're somewhat optimistic and more so than I.  Wish for the best.

On 10/13/2021 at 8:54 AM, BayRaider said:

Not a big fan of the new HC. Seems low energy, not a great communicator, and 61 years old. 

Also I don’t think we are gonna come out charged. I think this team is going to be exhausted with everything that has happened. 

Exhausted.  Losing sleep over this.  I am at this point.  I think about it when I awake each morning and am nauseated over this situation.  If I were 25 again it might not bother me.  Hope it doesn't bother the team.

22 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

What were they supposed to do/say? Oh no we are totally screwed without Gruden? Everyone looked annoyed that they even had to deal with it when we have a huge game coming up.

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Same thing. The tone and body language made them look defeated. Coupled with the owner hiding out, it looked bad all around.

I was actually encouraged by the press conference yesterday. Two of the things that stood out: 

• Crosby's comment "adversity is everything the key to everything, we'll see who makes it through."

• Carr's comments on this being his 5th head coach in 8 years. 

The team has been in flux forever and still strung together average season after average season. What was Mark supposed to say to the media? The NFL knew Gruden was did this for over a year but is protecting sexual predators in Washington? lol. He probably thinks Rodger is clueless as well.

24 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I would like to see some priority and urgency in getting Ruggs involved more. 17 catches is just not right for his big play ability. Broncos have give up some big passing plays the last two weeks. 

I won't disagree with you on Ruggs but to do so requires time for Ruggs to get downfield and that means protection of Carr by the Oline.  We haven't had a lot of that.  Carr's been bumped, jostled and chased out of the pocket.  With huge linemen pushed back and others coming at him it doesn't promote a good pass situation.  Do I expect this from Denver this Sunday, I do.

Nice to see some of you are optimistic. The Bear game showed me we are the worst, or close to the worst 3-2 team I’ve ever seen. 

Over achieved to start the year.  Took OT to beat a Miami team that started a backup QB. Beat a pretty bad Steeler team. The Raven win was impressive, but we still barely escaped in OT.