Week 6 GDT: Raiders (3-2) @ Broncos (3-2)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Will we win post Gruden?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Nice to see some of you are optimistic. The Bear game showed me we are the worst, or close to the worst 3-2 team I’ve ever seen. 

Over achieved to start the year.  Took OT to beat a Miami team that started a backup QB. Beat a pretty bad Steeler team. The Raven win was impressive, but we still barely escaped in OT.

The defense has looked good all season. In the loss to the Chargers we were down 21-14 with the ball in the 4th quarter. And in the Bears game we were down 17-9 with the ball in the 4th quarter. It's not like we've just been getting mopped up, lol.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The defense has looked good all season. In the loss to the Chargers we were down 21-14 with the ball in the 4th quarter. And in the Bears game we were down 17-9 with the ball in the 4th quarter. It's not like we've just been getting mopped up, lol.

- Bears: Rookie QB

- Dolphins: Backup QB

- Steelers: Ben can’t pass anymore, arm is done

- Ravens: Lamar is a solid QB but average passer at best

So the only solid passer we have faced is Herbert and the Charger Offense did pretty dang well against us. 

We by far have the easiest first half QB Schedule of any team in the NFL. We are about to play Teddy Bridgewater, Jalen Hurts, and Daniel Jones, three of the worst QB’s in the NFL. 

It actually might be the easiest first half QB Schedule in NFL History.  

In the second half of our schedule, we play: Patrick Mahomes x2, Baker Mayfield, Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Dak Prescott, and Carson Wentz who played like 2017 Wentz against the Ravens. 

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

- Bears: Rookie QB

- Dolphins: Backup QB

- Steelers: Ben can’t pass anymore, arm is done

- Ravens: Lamar is a solid QB but average passer at best

So the only solid passer we have faced is Herbert and the Charger Offense did pretty dang well against us. 

Lamar is currently averaging over 300 ypg on 67% and had 235 yards against us. Herbert is averaging 315 ypg and had 222 yards against us. The Broncos are currently 24th in ppg and 22nd in passing yards despite having played probably the easiest schedule in the NFL so far. That's why I'm optimistic we can win this week, they'll be without 2/3 of their top WR and Melvin Gordon is also banged up.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Nice to see some of you are optimistic. The Bear game showed me we are the worst, or close to the worst 3-2 team I’ve ever seen. 

Over achieved to start the year.  Took OT to beat a Miami team that started a backup QB. Beat a pretty bad Steeler team. The Raven win was impressive, but we still barely escaped in OT.

The team may have known about the Gruden turmoil as they approached the Bears game that Sunday.  I'm not sure what else would have caused such a flat response.  It was a bad game.

Edited by S&B Bleeder
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lamar is currently averaging over 300 ypg on 67% and had 235 yards against us. Herbert is averaging 315 ypg and had 222 yards against us. The Broncos are currently 24th in ppg and 22nd in passing yards despite having played probably the easiest schedule in the NFL so far. That's why I'm optimistic we can win this week, they'll be without 2/3 of their top WR and Melvin Gordon is also banged up.

Lamar is being buoyed by a 442 yard day that coincided with only his 12th game of his career completing 70%+ of his passes while having 15 starts with a completion % in the 50's or worse.

Herbert has 6 already, and the Chargers were in control pretty much from kickoff, so he didn't throw up huge stats 

Lamar is a bad QB and Herbert didn't need to do much to beat us. Either having anything less than a field day on us really doesn't say much about our pass D when you look at the situations lol. 

I think we win this week, but it has zero to do with Lamar Jackson (lol) or Justin Herbert not lighting us up through the air.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Lamar is being buoyed by a 442 yard day that coincided with only his 12th game of his career completing 70%+ of his passes while having 15 starts with a completion % in the 50's or worse.

Herbert has 6 already, and the Chargers were in control pretty much from kickoff, so he didn't throw up huge stats 

Lamar is a bad QB and Herbert didn't need to do much to beat us. Either having anything less than a field day on us really doesn't say much about our pass D when you look at the situations lol. 

I think we win this week, but it has zero to do with Lamar Jackson (lol) or Justin Herbert not lighting us up through the air.

Thanks for the context. Something he lacked. 

Fact remains, one of the easiest first half QB schedules in the history of this sport. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Thanks for the context. Something he lacked. 

Fact remains, one of the easiest first half QB schedules in the history of this sport. 

Is Teddy Bridgewater a great player? Is there offense super explosive? I'm not referring to the remaining 11 game schedule, I'm talking about our chances to beat the Denver Broncos this Sunday. Our defense has done an excellent job of limiting explosive plays, we've only allowed 2 TD of 20+ yards through 5 games, 1 run/pass. The Ravens have had 6 30+ yard passing TD's in their 4 games since they played us, Herbert had 3 20+ yard TD passes last week against the Browns. What does the easiest QB schedule in the history of the sport have to do with our game on Sunday?

@NYRaider

Why are you so confident we sweep a team that we aren’t much better then? It’s also in Denver, a tough crowd and place to play. Sure, we’ll beat them in Vegas no problem. But the Broncos are not a bad football team. They are average. And the Raiders are also average. Maybe a bit better than average. 

Broncos will also likely wreck our OL. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@NYRaider

Why are you so confident we sweep a team that we aren’t much better then? It’s also in Denver, a tough crowd and place to play. Sure, we’ll beat them in Vegas no problem. But the Broncos are not a bad football team. They are average. And the Raiders are also average. Maybe a bit better than average. 

Broncos will also likely wreck our OL. 

Sweep who? I have no idea what will happen in 2 months when we play again, I'm strictly referring to this week. The Broncos started 3-0 with wins over the Giants, Jaguars, and Jets. Two weeks ago they lost 23-7 to the Ravens and last week they were down 24-6 against the Steelers in the 4th quarter until garbage time scores, the game wasn't close at all. 

Against the Ravens their drives: Punt, Punt, Punt, TD, Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, INT. 

Pittsburgh's OL is a mess just like ours and the Broncos had 1 sack and allowed 130 rushing yards.