Week 6 GDT: Raiders (3-2) @ Broncos (3-2)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Will we win post Gruden?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

Definitely playing for Bisaccia 

I was just about to say this! This was the big question mark for me this week, almost more so than the result just to see if the players responded, played hard and fast and they did that and more. 

Olsen did really well too with the extra attention and spotlight on him, I don't think we can underestimate the pressure he must have been under this week. I'm feeling optimistic.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

@BayRaider @dante9876

Here's today's ratio:

We ran 21(44%) times; we passed 27(66%) times

That would make today the highest run percentage and the lowest pass percentage of the season

Context is everything. This does not surprise me from a PFF user who includes no context in their stats. 

Gruden would run when it’s not working, not setting anything up, and horrible down/yardage situations. Our running today was smart. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

@BayRaider @dante9876

Here's today's ratio:

We ran 21(44%) times; we passed 27(66%) times

That would make today the highest run percentage and the lowest pass percentage of the season

We actually played with a lead. But I'll let you continue this debate with yourself. Any raider fan who watch the game saw a more aggressive play calling and better situational play calling. I'm not going to compare ratio on games where we was down by a lot of points to a game where we was never down. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

We actually played with a lead. But I'll let you continue this debate with yourself. Any raider fan who watch the game saw a more aggressive play calling and better situational play calling. I'm not going to compare ratio on games where we was down by a lot of points to a game where we was never down. 

They also did in the Steelers game. But the ratio again was higher than today.

They were also ahead in the dolphins game until the dolphins caught up. Again the ratio what's much farther apart

The difference is when I look at the stats I look at the stats narrative free. 

8 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Context is everything. Something analytic sites always lack. 

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Context is everything. This does not surprise me from a PFF user who includes no context in their stats. 

Gruden would run when it’s not working, not setting anything up, and horrible down/yardage situations. Our running today was smart. 

1. I'm actually mentioned many times that I'm not a big fan of PFF grades

2. What I just showed you is actually not from PFF I did the math myself using every pass attempt and rushing attempts from every game I'm doing the math percentage myself. Free to do the math as well

3. Im not the only one who thinks this. Heres a non pff article that was published earlier this week \that talks about how the Raiders are going for too many chunk plays(again they are #1 in the whole NFL in 20+ yard pass attempts) and it would actually help them to be more conservative.https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2021/10/15/22728706/raiders-offense-explosive-plays

Again the difference is it's narrative free

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Context is everything. Something analytic sites always lack. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

1. I'm actually mentioned many times that I'm not a big fan of PFF grades

2. What I just showed you is actually not from PFF I did the math myself using every pass attempt and rushing attempts from every game I'm doing the math percentage myself. Free to do the math as well

3. Im not the only one who thinks this. Heres a non pff article that was published earlier this week \that talks about how the Raiders are going too many chunk place and it would actually help them to be more conservative.https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2021/10/15/22728706/raiders-offense-explosive-plays

Again the difference is it's narrative free

Loved this game. It seemed everybody got their piece here in this one. The Defensive line looks good. Derek Carr was back to how he looked the first three weeks. I noticed a improvement in play calling right from the jump. Henry Ruggs and Bryan Edwards are great. Ruggs is one of the faster players I've watched play, combined with all his other physical tools. I find myself watching him play and I'm just completely impressed with him, and the fact that Derek Carr is a QB who shares the praise shows how great Ruggs can be with Carr at QB. 

I'd like to shed a little light and praise on Crosby too, he comes in fast and hard to get to the QB. A 4-2 record looks good on a young team. I'm proud to say I'm a Raider fan after watching this game ✌🏼

• Like 2