Week 06 2021 - GDT - Bye Week

Mid Iowa

I thought I'd throw this out there as kind of a "news thread" for discussions during the next (basically) 2 weeks.

So, some Saints talk, at random. Have at it!!

The answer to the loss of Punter, Thomas Morested, may already be in the building!! The new kid, Blake (Be-lock-aye) Gillikin is doing a great job, and was given the game ball after Sunday's win. Gillikin landed 3 of his 5 punts inside the 5 yard line, and got one out of the endzone when we were at the 1 yard line. It was a great day for him.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Posted this in NFL Gen as well, but might as well post it here too. Jameis has been a beast this year in the red zone for us. Despite being without his #1 WR.

These are impressive numbers for ANY QB.
Brees left some big shoes to fill, especially in the Saints fan's eyes, and I think he's doing a great job. And he's just getting warmed up.

Amazing what some stability and a true quarter back coach can do with raw talent.

• Like 1

Another one bites the dust.

Kicker Cody Parkey, who played in Sunday's game against the WFT, was placed on IR with a groin injury. 
Saints have signed Brian Johnson off Chicago's practice squad. And here I thought Brian Johnson was on tour with AC/DC, but I might be wrong.

So Jameis Winston has these stats:

30th in passing attempts - 116 through 5 games. (#1 Brady is at 225)
40th in completion percentage - 60.2%. (#1 Kyler Murray is at 75.2%)
5th in TD's - 12 (#1 Patrick Mahomes is at 16)
With only 3 INT's, the only passers with a better TD to INT ratio are Teddy 2 Gloves (7-1), Russell Wilson (10-1), Kirk Cousins (10-2), and Dak Prescott (13-3).
And only 9 sacks (which is pretty dang good)

24 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

With only 3 INT's, the only passers with a better TD to INT ratio are Teddy 2 Gloves (7-1), Russell Wilson (10-1), Kirk Cousins (10-2), and Dak Prescott (13-3).

The completion percentage is concerning, but considering the lack of attempts, the number of throwaways he's done, and the lack of a #1 or #2 caliber WR on the field it's not surprising.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Carson Wentz is 7/1 too. Winston's actually T-9th highest interception% but that's gotta be a function of having no pass attempts (maybe). Small sample but early returns are promising. Lots of good teams left on the schedule to measure ourselves against.

Jameis high TD%, INT% is actually lower than his usual, decent passer rating(passer rating is absurdly high across the board so far), good ANY/A, and his completion percentage looks like balls, but looking back at his career, is average for him.

His pass attempts and yardage is really low though.  So, not asked to do a hell of a lot, but largely succeeding when he's called on.  As his responsibilities increase we'll see how he handles it.

Don't look now, but our scouting department's been at it again.

Paulson Adebo - CB - has been rather impressive. A 3rd rounder, and tied in the league for 3rd in INT's at 2. Pretty good, I'd say.
And
Pete Werner - LB - is coming on nicely. A second round guy who played 99% of the defensive snaps last week, and led the team with 8 tackles and 5 assists.

We've still got a few rookies to evaluate and keep an eye on, like Payton Turner (DE) and Landon Young (T).
Hopefully we don't have to evaluate Ian Book any time soon.

Not much for updates, but a few.

It looks like Michael Thomas is still a few weeks away from coming back in, even though his "mandatory" time on the PUP list expires this week.

We have 3 coming off IR; Davenport, Kwon A., and Tre'Quan Smith have all been designated to return.

We've also signed RB Lamar Miller (former ProBowler), OL Forrest Lamp (we're familiar with) and LB Lakiem Williams to the practice squad.

We'll still be without Erik McCoy and Terron (I need at least 4 games off per season) Armstead.

That is all. Now let's go crush Seattle!!

On 10/20/2021 at 5:39 AM, Mid Iowa said:

That is all. Now let's go crush Seattle!!

I'll be at the game. On paper, the Saints should have a pretty decent advantage with Wilson being out, and the Hawks backfield nursing injuries. Looking forward to hopefully seeing a win!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

I'll be at the game. On paper, the Saints should have a pretty decent advantage with Wilson being out, and the Hawks backfield nursing injuries. Looking forward to hopefully seeing a win!

Dude, have fun! I'd love to see that stadium some day. Enjoy.