Week 06 2021 - GDT - Bye Week

Mid Iowa

As someone that was very skeptical of the team not finding a way to bring back Trey Hendrickson, I must say it seems like the team may have gotten this one wrong. 

So far this season Cam Jordan, Tanoh Kpassagnon, Payton Turner, Marcus Davenport, and Carl Granderson have a combined:

5 sacks

35 pressures

16 hurries

In other words, Trey Hendrickson so far this season has basically been more productive as a pass rusher than our top 5 DE's combined. 

19 hours ago, tyler735 said:

As someone that was very skeptical of the team not finding a way to bring back Trey Hendrickson, I must say it seems like the team may have gotten this one wrong.Trey Hendrickson so far this season has basically been more productive as a pass rusher than our top 5 DE's combined. 

We're not privy to the books or the conversations/negotiations, but if I recall, we couldn't afford him.

That said, you almost think we could have traded Jordan, kept Hendrickson, and been money ahead.

But we renegotiated with Jordan, and now he's going to be the Brees of the team and keep us from getting marquee free agents. 

Cameron Jordan signed a 3 year, $52,500,000 contract with the New Orleans Saints, including a $15,500,000 signing bonus, $42,035,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $17,500,000. In 2021, Jordan will earn a base salary of $1,075,000, a restructure bonus of $12,725,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $9,356,250 and a dead cap value of $30,700,000.

46 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

We're not privy to the books or the conversations/negotiations, but if I recall, we couldn't afford him.

That said, you almost think we could have traded Jordan, kept Hendrickson, and been money ahead.

But we renegotiated with Jordan, and now he's going to be the Brees of the team and keep us from getting marquee free agents. 

Cameron Jordan signed a 3 year, $52,500,000 contract with the New Orleans Saints, including a $15,500,000 signing bonus, $42,035,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $17,500,000. In 2021, Jordan will earn a base salary of $1,075,000, a restructure bonus of $12,725,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $9,356,250 and a dead cap value of $30,700,000.

Yeah Jordan's cap figure is definitely going to be a tough one. Frustrating that we throw big money around to a guy like Peat a year prior, and let Hendrickson walk the next year.

• Like 1

Can honestly say I didn't think Hendrickson would be a difference maker on the Bengals. Happy to be proven wrong. Never disliked him, just didn't think he was worth big edge defender money. Could really use him right in the rotation right now.