GDT - Week 6 - It's BBQ Time...

Hunter2_1

And when I say BBQ time, here is what I mean.....

Labor Day Drinking GIF by Twisted Tea

Above is Dak pouring it on to every single NFL defense he plays...

fire burn GIF by Miss May I

Here is their current running game, 3rd in the NFL, two games in a row over 200 yards on ground, averaging 5.3 YPC.  we do only surrender 3.8 YPC though

flame thrower fire GIF

This is a representation of both Diggs and Parsons in the ROTY stakes versus their competition

History

Did you know we haven't lost to Dallas since 1996?

This is not the same Dak that came North a couple seasons ago and was absolutely useless in the rain, until he found a glove for this throwing hand. Then he became only half useless

Unfortunately it's supposed to be really nice weather Sunday. 60+ and sunny, light breeze

Predicition

I'm 5-0 in predictions so far. I've got Dallas by 5, because I think whilst we may be able to make them one dimensional (whether that's take away effective running, or make it hard for Dak), they'll simply be able to shred us the other way. It's definitely a two-headed monster offense. Our offense is set up well to play them, we need long drives and I can't see Mac putting the ball up for Diggs to take away. Their run D isn't especially hard so far, so we should move the ball. Continuing to score in RZ is essential. But yeah, I just think the Dallas offense is too much

Edited by Hunter2_1

I know its early in the season and stats can be inflated or deflated by a single game but if you look at Dallas as a rushing team they have played some bad rush defenses. The Chargers have the worst rush defense giving up 788 yards 157.6 ypg. The Eagles have given up 710 yards 142 ypg. and the Giants have given up 692 138 ypg. Even the Panthers give up nearly 100 ypg on the ground 471 or 94 ypg.   Of course the Patriots' rush defense leaves a lot to be desired as they have given up 555 yards or 111 ypg.  

This is a game where I'm not really sure how the Patriots will try to defend. Believe it or not but the Patriots pass defense is actually not bad. They are 5th against the pass. I could see the Patriots playing more to stop the run and force Dallas to pass if Jalen Millis is back. If Joejuan Williams plays 50% of the snaps at CB again the Cowboys will just pass at will. 

This is a game I thought we would lose before the season but our offense is actually playing better than I expected other than the turnovers. If the Patriots don't turn the ball over they have a chance. If they lose the turnover battle, the Cowboys win easily.

2 hours ago, jofos said:

If the Patriots don't turn the ball over they have a chance.

Always the case.

Unless the line reverts to wiping out big plays with penalties, allows constant pressure thereby limiting the play calls, or Josh McDaniels keeps shrinking in important down and distances...

2 hours ago, jofos said:

I know its early in the season and stats can be inflated or deflated by a single game but if you look at Dallas as a rushing team they have played some bad rush defenses. The Chargers have the worst rush defense giving up 788 yards 157.6 ypg. The Eagles have given up 710 yards 142 ypg. and the Giants have given up 692 138 ypg. Even the Panthers give up nearly 100 ypg on the ground 471 or 94 ypg.   Of course the Patriots' rush defense leaves a lot to be desired as they have given up 555 yards or 111 ypg.  

This is a game where I'm not really sure how the Patriots will try to defend. Believe it or not but the Patriots pass defense is actually not bad. They are 5th against the pass. I could see the Patriots playing more to stop the run and force Dallas to pass if Jalen Millis is back. If Joejuan Williams plays 50% of the snaps at CB again the Cowboys will just pass at will. 

This is a game I thought we would lose before the season but our offense is actually playing better than I expected other than the turnovers. If the Patriots don't turn the ball over they have a chance. If they lose the turnover battle, the Cowboys win easily.

The Panthers were the #1 rush defense in the NFL before we played them. Im pretty sure the Eagles were decently ranked as well. 

I am going to once again say that this team can beat or lose to any other team in the NFL at any time. Cowboys should be the favorite but this is still a winnable game if the play a clean game. 

2 HUGE plays and a fumble at the goal line and that Houston game isnt even close. 

• Like 1

Patriots are going to need to score over 25 points to win this game.. this Cowboys offense is really good. I predict 30-24 Cowboys

RB

Elliott isn't who he used to be but he is still a good RB and in combination with Pollard they are a deadly RB combination. I feel like Pollard could have 100 yards on his own off outside runs towards Van Noy. If the Cowboys were to focus heavily on the run I think they would dominate this game.. the only change the Patriots have is to play well in coverage, end some drives and potentially get lucky with a turnover. 

WR

The combination of Lamb and Cooper is deadly.. Cooper is a bit overrated, I think Jackson could beat him up a bit and slow him down.. but Lamb has the potential to go off. Hopefully Mills is back in the lineup and they will be able to give him extra help to slow down Lamb. 

Where is Uche? Is he still injured? I feel like this is a huge game to try and get pressure on the QB to help out the secondary. Barmore looks like he could be a stud and Judon is amazing.. add in Uche and a few snaps from Collins and you could have decent pressure on Dak. If you can't make him get rid of the ball quickly, this secondary won't hold up and you'll see some bombs.

Cowboys Defense

All I really know about this defense is Diggs is a ball hawk and Parsons is going to be a stud for a decade to come. I haven't paid enough attention to their defense to know for sure but I wonder if they will be able to use Diggs aggressiveness against him and try to go for some big plays. More than likely Josh will want to play conservative and avoid him all together though.  

Patriots Notes: 

• Please start using Jonnu all over the offense.. give him some handoffs.. screens.. end arounds,etc. He's an asset all over the field.. not a traditional TE.. use him that way. 
  • Keep refining the Henry connection.. Mac is doing really well getting comfortable knowing where Henry is going to be... between Meyers and Henry you've got two good safety nets for the rookie
  • BE AGGRESSIVE JOSH .. you only win this game if you are aggressive, take a page out of Culleys book and go for it on a 4th down.. don't do 10 screens in the red zone.. put the ball in Mac's hands within the 20 and throw the ball  
  • JJ Taylor game.. he seems like the sparkplug that they could use in this type of game.. assuming he doesn't fumble

12 hours ago, jofos said:

I don't know if it's a trend or just early season stats which will even itself out, but whilst we have a bad YPG given up, we have one of the best YPC given up in the league. I guess teams must just be running the heck out of the ball, bulk and volume. Are they scared of our pass D or something?

Either way, Dallas will take to the air this week. That YPG will come down, the YPC will go up and we'll have to resource the backfield more

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I am going to once again say that this team can beat or lose to any other team in the NFL at any time. Cowboys should be the favorite but this is still a winnable game if the play a clean game. 

2 HUGE plays and a fumble at the goal line and that Houston game isnt even close. 

I believe we are that annoying team now.

The one that shouldn't be good, but are well prepared enough to hang around and cause you stress. Our offense is annoying in that it's not explosive at all, but it can put up long drives. Our defense is surprisingly stingy at times, and kind of bad other times so you never really know. 

Basically we have become the team that we used to hate facing 2007-2017. Like the 08 Dolphins or 12 Colts or something

• Like 1