GDT - Week 6 - It's BBQ Time...

Hunter2_1

7 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Judging by target/production numbers, there's no easy answer. Lamb, Cooper and Schultz all get a ton of work in that offense. 

I think its less a specific player and more the the underneath and hot reads. Neutralize the damage that Pollard will do out of the backfield. Make them hit their big play stuff. 

The run game is what it will come down to. Can they slow down Zeke enough to make them need to take shots.  

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

I could see Belichick implementing his Super Bowl 25 gameplan here. As good as Mac's been, I doubt he can beat Dak in a shootout.

Yeah and its not just a Mac v Dak thing 

Its Mac v Dak and his absurd supporting cast 

I always feel like we have a chance but we are dogs here for a reason and honestly I think the line should be bigger

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Boston media giving some bulletin board material:

My personal opinion is this is an unfounded dumb-take, but I have a negative impression of boston media in general. 

They are to be ignored. 

They know their target audience; the red faced neck beards who only know the names of players on their own team who turn off the channel as soon as they go behind. 

To me the rest of this season is going to be about Mac and Jonnu to determine if this offense goes from bottom 1/3 to middle of the pack or better ( outside of obvious OL concerns). After Jonnu's bad game he has basically been in the doghouse .. snaps reduced and doing a majority blocking. We need to remember that they signed him BEFORE Henry.. he was the guy they wanted more.. yet they haven't focused on him at all. The 2 TE offense hasn't worked.. they need to get Jonnu going or it's just not going to happen. 

Especially with Harris injured.. I would like to see them use him more in the backfield. Be creative, try to regain some of James White's production by giving those throws to Smith instead of Bolden.. send the screens to him, end arounds, short passes up the middle..etc. He is athletic enough to make plays once he has the ball in his hands, they've just got to find creative ways to get him the ball. 

Before the season I was so excited that they signed him.. I really thought Josh was going to do some really creative things with him, but it looks like he's got no idea what to do with him. The Titans didn't use him to his full potential, Josh is doing even less with him from a gadget perspective. I'm still a huge believer in him.. and am really hoping this can be a breakout game for him. I think the Cowboys would give up some big plays to Smith/Henry in the middle of the field. 

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

To me the rest of this season is going to be about Mac and Jonnu to determine if this offense goes from bottom 1/3 to middle of the pack or better ( outside of obvious OL concerns). After Jonnu's bad game he has basically been in the doghouse .. snaps reduced and doing a majority blocking. We need to remember that they signed him BEFORE Henry.. he was the guy they wanted more.. yet they haven't focused on him at all. The 2 TE offense hasn't worked.. they need to get Jonnu going or it's just not going to happen. 

Especially with Harris injured.. I would like to see them use him more in the backfield. Be creative, try to regain some of James White's production by giving those throws to Smith instead of Bolden.. send the screens to him, end arounds, short passes up the middle..etc. He is athletic enough to make plays once he has the ball in his hands, they've just got to find creative ways to get him the ball. 

Before the season I was so excited that they signed him.. I really thought Josh was going to do some really creative things with him, but it looks like he's got no idea what to do with him. The Titans didn't use him to his full potential, Josh is doing even less with him from a gadget perspective. I'm still a huge believer in him.. and am really hoping this can be a breakout game for him. I think the Cowboys would give up some big plays to Smith/Henry in the middle of the field. 

While I agree that it would be nice to see Smith get going I don't think it is so much that he is in the doghouse as it is Henry getting healthy. I also never got why people Smith is a better receiver than Henry. Henry's worst year he had 36 receptions 478 yards and 8 TDs; Smiths best year he had 41 receptions 448 yards and 8 TDs. And I don't think who signed first indicates who the Patriots wanted as much as the $1.25 million more that Henry is being payed this season.