2021-2022 Hot Takes Thread

On 11/9/2021 at 11:52 AM, kyle21121 said:

It is far too early to make anything definitive about rookies through ten games but also  yes Scottie Barnes is the best rookie. 

Scottie Barnes is the perfect player for the modern NBA. Once he starts hitting the 3 ball at a decent clip he has All-NBA potential, imo.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 10:21 AM, Bullet Club said:

We're back for year 3. Let's see those scorching hot takes. Mine aren't as hot this year.

• LaMelo Ball regresses

Happy to report 19 games in and dead wrong on this one so far 

currently avg 19.8pts 8.1 reb 7.7 asts 2.1 stls for a team that is 11-8, has played the most games and toughest schedule in the NBA at this point 

—but maybe this prediction will yet be deemed true if he regresses from All-NBA level to mere mortal throughout the remainder of the season.  I’m predicting he does not

4 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Happy to report 19 games in and dead wrong on this one so far 

currently avg 19.8pts 8.1 reb 7.7 asts 2.1 stls for a team that is 11-8, has played the most games and toughest schedule in the NBA at this point 

—but maybe this prediction will yet be deemed true if he regresses from All-NBA level to mere mortal throughout the remainder of the season.  I’m predicting he does not

None of my hot takes are looking good tbh

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

None of my hot takes are looking good tbh

Zion might make top 10 in the professional eaters league w Joey Chestnut (be the new Badlands Booker) if he continues to pack on the lbs

Reddish isn’t by most definitions exactly a “high-end” 3 n D but his numbers are up in fewer minutes.   I read high-end to mean “serviceable up-and-coming bench guy” so nailed it 

Bulls can still get embarrassed in 1st rnd.  I’m cheering for it

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...