Ragnow to have toe surgery, will miss rest of season

Nnivolcm

Fuuuuuuck. 

We've literally lost our best player on defense (Okwara) and offense (Ragnow) now. 

This is a lost year. It's even going to be hard to evaluate some of our guys because so many others are falling apart. 

Like, can you really evaluate Goff when he has **** receivers and a line that isn't healthy? Can you evaluate Tracy Walker when he has a dumpster fire playing the other safety position? Can you evaluate Oruwariye when he's being shoved into the #1 role? It's stuff like that. 

Sucks to have injuries but at the same time I am ok making sure he is ready to go next year at 100% opposed to trying to rush him back from it.  Between lack of talent to start along with the injuries, I just want to see player development the rest of the year with a win or two sprinkled in.  We have cap space and picks and I truly believe some guys will want to play for this staff.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Sucks to have injuries but at the same time I am ok making sure he is ready to go next year at 100% opposed to trying to rush him back from it.  Between lack of talent to start along with the injuries, I just want to see player development the rest of the year with a win or two sprinkled in.  We have cap space and picks and I truly believe some guys will want to play for this staff.  

I kinda agree but this year would have been a great opportunity to get our o line building some chemistry. Now we're going to have exactly zero games with our projected starting 5 playing together. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I kinda agree but this year would have been a great opportunity to get our o line building some chemistry. Now we're going to have exactly zero games with our projected starting 5 playing together. 

Agreed.  However I would hope to upgrade/replace Big V in the offseason and Jackson has been shaky too so we could look to improve there too.  But even then it would have been nice to have what could have been our line together for a bit but now won't happen. 

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed.  However I would hope to upgrade/replace Big V in the offseason and Jackson has been shaky too so we could look to improve there too.  But even then it would have been nice to have what could have been our line together for a bit but now won't happen. 

Maybe it's just me but it feels like every single time we're on offense and a flag is thrown, my brain automatically goes to "Holding, offense, #73"... and more often than not, it hasn't been wrong. 

1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

Yeah. We're also in the position where guys can't develop if they don't have pieces around them. Can our young DB's develop if there's no pass rush? Can Goff really be evaluated with crap receivers and a decimated offensive line? We have guys playing in positions and in roles that they're just not ready for or suited to. You don't want to have to force it if a player isn't ready. 

29 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Yeah. We're also in the position where guys can't develop if they don't have pieces around them. Can our young DB's develop if there's no pass rush? Can Goff really be evaluated with crap receivers and a decimated offensive line? We have guys playing in positions and in roles that they're just not ready for or suited to. You don't want to have to force it if a player isn't ready. 

What I've seen of Goff makes me comfortable evaluating his performance lol. He appears to be the most conservative, yet error prone QB I've ever seen. I don't think an offense stacked full of Megatrons is going to change that too much. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

What I've seen of Goff makes me comfortable evaluating his performance lol. He appears to be the most conservative, yet error prone QB I've ever seen. I don't think an offense stacked full of Megatrons is going to change that too much. 

What do you think of Derek Carr as a potential Goff replacement? The Raiders are a bit of a mess right now and the Lions are treading in a positive direction (it's still a LONG way to go, but I do feel they're moving forward in a positive way) that could be enticing to a FA. 

32 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Yeah, I mean...I get it. I don't think that he's a world-beater. I guess the question at this point is if he's a guy that you think you can live with for a year or two, giving us time to build the team and find a replacement, or if he's a guy that needs to be replaced next year. If he's playing horribly then I think it does kind of force the issue a bit, since poor QB play can hold back other players from developing too. 

23 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

What do you think of Derek Carr as a potential Goff replacement? The Raiders are a bit of a mess right now and the Lions are treading in a positive direction (it's still a LONG way to go, but I do feel they're moving forward in a positive way) that could be enticing to a FA. 

If Goff isn’t the answer then drafting a QBOTF makes far more sense. Adding a big money FA doesn’t make much sense to me.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

If Goff isn’t the answer then drafting a QBOTF makes far more sense. Adding a big money FA doesn’t make much sense to me.

Agreed, especially because Derek Carr is about the same as Jared Goff IMO.  Neither are good enough to carry a team, both are good enough to win with the right team and coaching around them. 

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

Yeah, I mean...I get it. I don't think that he's a world-beater. I guess the question at this point is if he's a guy that you think you can live with for a year or two, giving us time to build the team and find a replacement, or if he's a guy that needs to be replaced next year. If he's playing horribly then I think it does kind of force the issue a bit, since poor QB play can hold back other players from developing too. 

I think with the contract we just extended he is exactly the kind of guy who's going to play for another year here, then hand the reins over once the roster is built.