• Miami Dolphins
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Trevor Lawrence
    • Myles Gaskin
    • Malcolm Brown
    • James Robinson
    • Carlos Hyde
    • DeVante Parker
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Preston Williams
    • Albert Wilson
    • Marvin Jones
    • Laviska Shenault
    • Jamal Agnew
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Durham Smythe
    • Dan Arnold
    • Jason Sanders
    • Josh Lambo
    • Dolphins DST
    • Jaguars DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2021 at 01:00 PM

Weird that Miami plays the same o-line for the first time in consecutive games, get a bit of chemistry going to allow no sacks which seems like a miracle. Yet, Fins still lose. 

Defense is just horrendous this year, can't stop anybody. Bad vs the run, bad vs the pass. So many takeaways last season, very few this season. 

18 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Weird that Miami plays the same o-line for the first time in consecutive games, get a bit of chemistry going to allow no sacks which seems like a miracle. Yet, Fins still lose. 

Defense is just horrendous this year, can't stop anybody. Bad vs the run, bad vs the pass. So many takeaways last season, very few this season. 

I'd love to see Igbonagane's PFF rating yesterday.  They were exposing him all over the field.  Gave up the long TD and looked clueless on a few others.  He is just not good.  Total miss by Grier.  

Dolphins are just as close to being 3-3 as they are 0-6.  Raiders went to the wire and this game easily could have gone their way.  Always easy to question play call on 4th and 1 on your side of the field with 1:50 to go.  Hadn't been able to run the ball all day and you run to the right side?  Why not spread them out and run an RPO.  Tua can tuck it and get you the yard needed.  PUT THE BALL IN YOUR BEST PLAYERS HANDS AT CRUNCH TIME. 

If I had to choose one person to go, it's Ross.  He is the epitomy of a ****ty owner.  Holds no one accountable and this is just a hobby for him.  But we know he isn't going anywhere.

Grier must be questioned with some of his 1st round choices.  But he has nailed a few (Hunt, R. Davis, Gesicki, J. Baker).  He also drafted Charles Harris and Igbanogane.  Two of the worst busts in Miami Dolphin history.  Up there with Yatil Green and Dion Jordan.

Tua showed yesterday he is getting better and better which is all you can ask for a guy with less than 12 NFL starts.  I still believe he is not even close to being the problem Miami needs to address.  He was not the reason Miami lost yesterday.  Not even close.  Penalties in the redzone, poor late game playcalling and poor play by Igbanogane were major factors.   Tua had great chemistry with Waddle and Gesicki.  

1 hour ago, Rgossett07 said:

I'd love to see Igbonagane's PFF rating yesterday.  They were exposing him all over the field.  Gave up the long TD and looked clueless on a few others.  He is just not good.  Total miss by Grier.  

Dolphins are just as close to being 3-3 as they are 0-6.  Raiders went to the wire and this game easily could have gone their way.  Always easy to question play call on 4th and 1 on your side of the field with 1:50 to go.  Hadn't been able to run the ball all day and you run to the right side?  Why not spread them out and run an RPO.  Tua can tuck it and get you the yard needed.  PUT THE BALL IN YOUR BEST PLAYERS HANDS AT CRUNCH TIME. 

If I had to choose one person to go, it's Ross.  He is the epitomy of a ****ty owner.  Holds no one accountable and this is just a hobby for him.  But we know he isn't going anywhere.

Grier must be questioned with some of his 1st round choices.  But he has nailed a few (Hunt, R. Davis, Gesicki, J. Baker).  He also drafted Charles Harris and Igbanogane.  Two of the worst busts in Miami Dolphin history.  Up there with Yatil Green and Dion Jordan.

Tua showed yesterday he is getting better and better which is all you can ask for a guy with less than 12 NFL starts.  I still believe he is not even close to being the problem Miami needs to address.  He was not the reason Miami lost yesterday.  Not even close.  Penalties in the redzone, poor late game playcalling and poor play by Igbanogane were major factors.   Tua had great chemistry with Waddle and Gesicki.  

Jamar Fletcher needs to be added into that list of all time busts. We passed on Brees for him. Holland is an absolute stud, Waddle I have been happy with. Jaelen Phillips I have expected more of. I think they definitely need to address RB in the draft... these cast offs from other teams aren't cutting it. The line is partly to blame but can't be all of it. 

I agree with you 100% on Tua. 

I think Grier is in the hottest of seats now, and even then I do not think his seat is in particular danger. Flores was signed to a fully guaranteed 5 year contract doubt they cut ties with him prior to the end of year 4. My biggest complaint is them not having a starting line figured out before the season started, followed closely by 2 OC's. 

7 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

A bit of an overreaction at this point. I am not a fan of early/mid season firing. You won't get anywhere on candidates this early. Let the season play out if they correct it great, if not what have we lost. A QB will never develop if you keep switching coordinators/coaches on them. Colts and Jags were definitely disappointing losses. The Colts more than anything. 

I am not ready to write Tua off yet I saw some things I liked and others I didn't. Rarely does a QB play a perfect game, especially when missing so many pieces. Even more rarely does it happen when an offense is unable to run the ball. 

Parker, Fuller, Williams, at this point I am fine with jettisoning them after the season. None have proven to be durable over a season. Gisecki is on my short list as well. 

Why Gesicki? He's a stud who's only missed one game in his career

One of my biggest issues with Flores is the coordinators, I am assuming he has 100% control over who he hires and fires and going into year three that has been a glaring weakness on his part all three seasons. I feel sure he is not totally in control of drafting and trades so I give him somewhat of a pass on that and if he really wanted Herbert instead of Tua I give him a big credit for that. 

I just feel this team has pretty much been out coached every game so far this season and that is not the players fault. I am not even excited about the prospects of a high draft pick at these point given the track record of the powers in charge at the moment of picks.

23 minutes ago, Dolphinmeister said:

I am not even excited about the prospects of a high draft pick at these point given the track record of the powers in charge at the moment of picks.

No need to get excited....Dolphins don't have their 1st-rd pick for the 2022 draft. You forgot about the Eagles trade? Philly has Miami's 1st-rd pick.

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Why Gesicki? He's a stud who's only missed one game in his career

I stand corrected. You are absolutely right. My brain was telling me he has missed a bunch of time over the years. I had to go look it up when you said he’s only missed one game. They’ll have the cap room to keep him or franchise him.

• Like 1

Gesicki is a key chess piece to retain. 

To predict the future, we pay Gesicki (4y/60M), let Ogbah walk and draft his replacement in the 1st round because there looks to be many really nice prospects at the base DE (and even the standup edge rusher position if we retain Ogbah).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

Gesicki is a key chess piece to retain. 

To predict the future, we pay Gesicki (4y/60M), let Ogbah walk and draft his replacement in the 1st round because there looks to be many really nice prospects at the base DE (and even the standup edge rusher position if we retain Ogbah).

I wish they'd look at signing Tevon Grimes to the practice squad. Big guy 4.4-4.5 speed. Minor knee injury (from what I can tell) with Philly and waived. Can set the stage for moving on from Parker and Williams and much more affordable. I've liked Waddle but he was supposed to be this fast deep threat in addition to his other skill sets and we haven't seen any of that. 

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

49ers pick might also be pretty high, too, at least.

Despite the horrific start to this season, I think they both end up really similar when it all shakes out.  

The problem was giving up a 1st round pick to move from 12 to 6 in the first place.  Grier fleeced SF and then turned around and gave a bunch back.  I love Jaylen Waddle, and eventually he will be used correctly (I hope).  But that was a steep dang price.  Of course, if Grier is just going to draft guys like Austin Jackson or Noah Igbinoghene with that 1st rounder, it doesn't matter.

20 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Despite the horrific start to this season, I think they both end up really similar when it all shakes out.  

The problem was giving up a 1st round pick to move from 12 to 6 in the first place.  Grier fleeced SF and then turned around and gave a bunch back.  I love Jaylen Waddle, and eventually he will be used correctly (I hope).  But that was a steep dang price.  Of course, if Grier is just going to draft guys like Austin Jackson or Noah Igbinoghene with that 1st rounder, it doesn't matter.

I haven't given up on Jackson yet. Iggy though...

30 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

If we stayed put we could've had Micah Parsons and kept our first, which yeah, in retrospect, would've been better, as much as I'm high on Waddle.