Rams @New York Giants

NVRamsFan

I refuse to believe that Jones will be cleared to play after barely being able to get up lol how is this possible 😂 only concussion protocol ive seen that was shorter was devantae Adam’s a few weeks ago.. he only missed one play lol 

52 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I refuse to believe that Jones will be cleared to play after barely being able to get up lol how is this possible 😂 only concussion protocol ive seen that was shorter was devantae Adam’s a few weeks ago.. he only missed one play lol 

You truly never know how long a concussion will last. Even hits that look terrible can easily be fine in a week. It's all about if you are still having symptoms which is unpredictable. If Jones hasn't had any prior concussions, I think he'll be fine. Usually the more concussions you have the more common it is to have lasting symptoms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Concussion protocol from what I remember isn't time gated it's getting doctors to clear you. Some people take time to get cleared or more than others. He was a full practice participant from what I read just in a no contact jersey.

Correct, which is all about how long your symptoms last from the concussion. And those symptoms could be gone in a day or last weeks/months. Too many variables to predict how quickly you can get out. IIRC when we had Cooks, I don't think he missed more than 1 week when he had a few concussions.

• Like 1