Rams @New York Giants

NVRamsFan

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

It ain't getting better next week. The Lions OL was supposed to be a strength, but Decker hasn't played a snap all year and Ragnow is on IR for the rest of the season. So they're now looking rough. And their already terrible WR corps has its two top WRs on IR. It now resembles the sort of WR corps we had under Steve Spagnuolo. Basically, if Morris doesn't have a terrible game plan and Goff doesn't play the game of his life, he's going to get slaughtered. Smother the underneath routes, bring pressure up the middle, and dare those awful WRs to beat us down the field.

I feel bad for Goff because of the situation he’s in. I know he’s a better QB than Wentz but Wentz is just in a better predicament. Goff literally has no one to throw too. All those guys might as well be off the street 

I don’t think Goff will ever be a top 10 QB but in the right environment I can see him doing well and I hope he leaves the Lions or they get rid of him and he gets a chance in like Pittsburgh so he can have a resurgence like Tannehill 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I feel bad for Goff because of the situation he’s in. I know he’s a better QB than Wentz but Wentz is just in a better predicament. Goff literally has no one to throw too. All those guys might as well be off the street 

I don’t think Goff will ever be a top 10 QB but in the right environment I can see him doing well and I hope he leaves the Lions or they get rid of him and he gets a chance in like Pittsburgh so he can have a resurgence like Tannehill 

I was really hoping the Lions would flip Goff to the Colts right after our trade and go full tank mode. Pittsburgh would be interesting.

Started off pretty slow today but quarters 2 and 3 they did what we were hoping they would do. Nice to see the backups get some playing time in the 4th. If Hendo can stay healthy all year, our running game is going to be awesome. 

A couple take aways from the game. I was there in person with my wife. Section 109 by the 5 yard line on the NYG side:

• Giants fans were cool. They acknowledged there is no rivalry and that this game could get ugly, but that they do play up to their competition. They were honoring the 2011 Superbowl team at halftime so attendance was crazy.
  • Rams fans SHOWED UP. Legitimately 20-30% Rams fans in the building. I was blown away with how many Rams fans I saw.
  • No fights, no heckling, no arguments. One guy asked me if I was from California, but he was implying that i'm a bandwagon fan and I shut that down pretty quickly.
  • Outside of the first 15 or scripted plays by the NYG team, it was completely one sided as we all saw. Donald, Floyd, and Terrell Lewis really stood out in person. Physically and in the stat sheet. Lewis is going to be a FORCE in this league if he can stay healthy. Can't say enough about him.

Great way to start our next stretch with the real possibility to be 8-1. If you're a better, might want to get your money on the Rams/Stafford now because after 8-1, the value will be gone. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Oh man that was fun. Highlight of the day… I started recording a video and some dude said “stop recording y’all aren’t going to do sh*t!” And Stafford threw a TD on the same play lmao 

Got to meet mcvays wife, demoff, Raheem, And Jacob Harris. Great win today!! Can’t wait to watch it on tv now. 

Where did you get to meet them?!

Thoughts on yesterday’s game:

-Defense had me so frustrated on the first drive giving up a long 3rd down and letting them drive down the field, but after that they were about as dominant as you could ask for. Most of the G-Men’s skill players on O were hurt but you can only play what’s in front of you. 

-I, like everyone else, have been very critical of Rapp all season but he had a great game today. INTs aside, he was around the ball seemingly every play.

-Whole team, especially offense, seemed dormant that first quarter and certainly made up for it afterwards. 

-McVay and his refusal to run is maddening.  We are so much more effective when we have a balanced play call. I get he has his new toy that he wants to play with but we could have had even more scoring drives if we balanced it out. 

-Donte Deayon looked better than Long or Rochelle has. Was very sticky in coverage. I think he earned himself a lot more playing time going forward. I like Rochelle’s potential long term, but it’s obvious that he’s not ready yet. Gimme or not, was nice seeing him get the INT though. 

-Floyd and Lewis are looking like quite the formidable edge tandem. Floyd, in particular, was disruptive the whole game and Lewis really seems to be hitting his stride. 

-Liked seeing Jones get some reps on D and thought he did well enough with them. One of the ongoing mysteries continues to be Burgess’ lack of playing time. I saw him in for a few snaps early in the game but that was it. Even when we had a lot of backups in, I didn’t see him out there. 

-Small sample size but Wolford did not look good out there. Let’s hope we never need him in any important game scenarios. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

A couple take aways from the game. I was there in person with my wife. Section 109 by the 5 yard line on the NYG side:

• Giants fans were cool. They acknowledged there is no rivalry and that this game could get ugly, but that they do play up to their competition. They were honoring the 2011 Superbowl team at halftime so attendance was crazy.
  • Rams fans SHOWED UP. Legitimately 20-30% Rams fans in the building. I was blown away with how many Rams fans I saw.
  • No fights, no heckling, no arguments. One guy asked me if I was from California, but he was implying that i'm a bandwagon fan and I shut that down pretty quickly.
  • Outside of the first 15 or scripted plays by the NYG team, it was completely one sided as we all saw. Donald, Floyd, and Terrell Lewis really stood out in person. Physically and in the stat sheet. Lewis is going to be a FORCE in this league if he can stay healthy. Can't say enough about him.

Great way to start our next stretch with the real possibility to be 8-1. If you're a better, might want to get your money on the Rams/Stafford now because after 8-1, the value will be gone. 

While this is true, it also seemed like without Toney the Giants were just completely out of any playmakers that could stress the defense. I think if he stayed in the game it would still be a blowout but they'd be able to sustain a few more drives. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

•Giants fans were awesome!! They definitely knew they had little chance and still showed up.. even if it wasn’t for the full game. The halftime stuff was awesome too. Seeing Eli was cool and seeing how big Brandon Jacobs is was crazy. The

• The amount of Rams fans that were in attendance though was unbelievable. You might even be able to bump that up to 35-40%. Pretty cool stuff to be around so many Rams fans. 

•I said the same about Lewis!! The dude looks like an absolute FREAK. I was able to meet Robert Quinn in St. Louis and that’s what he reminded me of when he walked by. A’Shawn was another guy I was blown away by lol he’s huge. 

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Where did you get to meet them?!

I was in section 135 almost up front so I was at about the 20 yard line behind the Rams bench. Veronika was standing right under me so I said what’s up and shook her hand. She didn’t seem as ditzy and fake as I thought she was haha Demoff was around the same area towards the end of the game so I called him over and he walked over to say hello and shook hands. I asked him if we will win the chip this year and he said “one game at a time” and proceeded to say my friend was bad luck because LA got blown out when they talked in Pittsburg. Pretty cool guy. Jacob Harris ran buy and signed a few things. Raheem didn’t run over but he stood on the sideline and we spoke for about 20 seconds. Nothing crazy but it was really cool. I fanboy’d all day for sure 😂😂

• Like 2