If the playoffs started today... (after week 17)

notthatbluestuff

Regardless of how things look right now Im saying its going to be the Bills v Chargers in the AFCCG and the Rams v Bucs in the NFCCG. I have the Chargers v Rams in the Superbowl. Yes and all LA fight for Sofi Stadium Superbowl. The storylines are going to be huge if that happens. Staley v McVay, Herbert v Stafford, who has the better offensive weapons because both teams have nice backs, great receivers and solid tight ends. Both defenses have tons of impactful playmakers. Morris is running what Staley ran when he was with the Rams. Staley is now running it with the Chargers. Of course who house is it in Sofi? Rams house but the Chargers could possibly at least make a big statement winning the Superbowl against the Rams in the Stadium and hang the banner up where the Rams have to see it all the time in the same way the Clippers have to see all the Lakers banners at Staples. So yeah that would be the matchup I would want to see outside of Chiefs v Rams and right now the Chiefs arent looking so good. 

On 10/12/2021 at 2:30 PM, The BILLievers said:

Bills vs Bucs. Tom Brady vs the Buffalo Bills. 

As a Bills fan, if you wanted to get some sweet revenge on Tom Brady after he beat up on you for the last 20 years, there couldn't be a much better way to get it than to beat him for your first ever Super Bowl win. 

57 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

As a Bills fan, if you wanted to get some sweet revenge on Tom Brady after he beat up on you for the last 20 years, there couldn't be a much better way to get it than to beat him for your first ever Super Bowl win. 

On the other hand, if they lost it would be the cruellest defeat he's given them yet. 0-5 in Super Bowls and Tom Brady is the one to hand them that fifth loss. 

Does it ever happen where the home team wins every game before the AFC CG week? I'm always tempted to pick home teams (who by definition have the better record in that matchup) but I think if we looked at history, an away team usually gets a win in the WC/Div rounds 

On 10/12/2021 at 2:52 PM, Tk3 said:

With the exception of the Packers who get absolutely hosed with their first round matchup, all the other teams have to feel ecstatic about their draws

I have a feeling that by the end of the season some of the teams like Browns/Chiefs/Saints work their way into the mix and make some more difficult WC round matchups

I'm glad the playoffs don't start today...  😉

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Updated after week 6. 

With the exception of Dallas, it would be hard not to pick all of the home teams in such a bracket. Rams/Cowboys would be the best game of the round on paper. 

Getting the 4th seed in the NFC is going to suck donkey nuts for whomever lands it. That 1-3 seed is going to be so critical. 

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Getting the 4th seed in the NFC is going to suck donkey nuts for whomever lands it. That 1-3 seed is going to be so critical. 

Seems like that 5 seed is a lock to be either the Rams or Cardinals.

One of the most newly interesting games of the season is Cardinals at Cowboys in week 17.

There's a chance Dallas and Arizona could play in Dallas twice in three weeks.

• Like 1

NFC Playoffs gonna be so fun. It’s so top-heavy. Cardinals, Bucs, Rams are all fantastic, Packers are criminally underrated and can go toe to toe with anyone, and the Cowboys are a good team. That Cardinal vs Packer game on TNF next week will be a lot of fun. 

AFC might end up with a more balanced 7 teams, but not as Top Heavy. Bills, Ravens, Titans, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Browns, Bengals, and Colts will all be in the mix until the end. 9 teams. Very balanced conference. Any of these teams can beat one another any given week IMO. 

10 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Updating for Week 7 - unless I'm mistaken, the NFC bracket won't change no matter the result tonight. If I'm wrong, I'll update it again. Maybe Saints slip to #7 if they lose? 

week 8 could lead to significant changes. There will be some swing games.