Week 6 GDT: Denver Broncos (3-2) vs Las Vegas Raiders (3-2)

bMiller031

7 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Key to the game- Starting Darby over Fuller and Callahan over Surtain

I think the former is more important than the latter, but I do think the Callahan praise is something to note.

This forum, myself included, haven't given Callahan enough praise for his performance so far this year. He has been absolutely fantastic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Fuller fall off? I always thought he was a gamer in the past.

He's lost a critical half-step in his reaction-time / long-speed.  Doesn't sound like much, but that's all you need to go from a plus CB to a liability.   He's literally a few inches away from breaking up the Diontae TD, and a bunch of chunk plays he's given up.  But that's also unlikely to change.   

Unless Fuller is playing through an injury that is going to improve, this looks more like age-related decline.    One of the reasons why I hesitate with giving out 3rd contracts for any length of time - Fuller's 9M salary was a good gamble given his skills and recent play, and only 1 year of commitment - but it's a good case example of the risk of a player's level of play dropping off in their late 20's / age-30 season at skill positions.   

We're seeing the same skills decline with Kareem Jackson's coverage abilities, which I hate saying, because the guy is a warrior, and he was a lynchpin the last 2 seasons with us.   I'm glad neither guy is signed with us next year, pretty clear we're moving on with both guys after 2021. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I think the former is more important than the latter, but I do think the Callahan praise is something to note.

This forum, myself included, haven't given Callahan enough praise for his performance so far this year. He has been absolutely fantastic.

Yes. Not as much of a dig against Surtain as it is a praise for callahan

This has been tough for me all week to make a prediction on how I think this game will go. 

A lot of the concerns I had about this team during the offseason, with the coaches, the roster and overall crap state of the franchise, appear to have some validity. At the same time, the Raiders are also not without their problems, to put it mildly. I do wonder what affect the Gruden fiasco will have; on one hand he was a good offensive coach so his absence there will hurt but if he had created a toxic atmosphere then his departure could give the team a boost. 

I foresee an competitive but also one where the football is pretty ugly. I'll be optimistic and give us a slight edge since we're at home. 

Broncos 23, Raiders 20