Week 6 GDT: Denver Broncos (3-2) vs Las Vegas Raiders (3-2)

bMiller031

The team looks like they’re just barely going through the motions, look totally disconnected, uninterested, unenthused. 

And going into this game we had a winning record and we’re facing the archrival. No one cares. No one plays.

When the “leadership” of this (once) proud franchise lowered expectations to the Montfort-like level of mediocrity, the die was cast.

The results today should not surprise anyone. 

• Like 3

Game summary so far:

1.   Our lack of speed means the LV secondary which can't cover any other team....can cover ours.   And while I've given Fant leash of being hurt, the 2 holding penalties today were just poor effort.   

2.   That means their pass rush can go nuts on Teddy B and our OL, and the results aren't pretty.

3.  On the flip side, our secondary can't handle the speed Ruggs offers, or the mismatch that Waller offers.   

4.  Our D without our LB's is just getting worn out now.

Finally, Fangio's game management once again has been AWFUL - 2 terrible challenges with no chance of winning, and then a decision to accept a 3rd and 12 instead of 2nd and 22 - speaks volumes to Fangio's confidence in the D right now.

Ppl wanted to say Teddy B could be a Pro bowl QB - that's pretty much disabused completely.     The belief we could win with a run-based O - pretty much disabused now. 

The only hope I really have is that Jeudy will be back soon, and he and the OL's development will be still attractive enough for one of the big 3 QB's to want to still come to us, much like A-Rod and Watson were interested this offseason.  But this also comes with the very clear reality we need a new HC and OC - and it CAN'T be that recycled trash list that Allbright mentioned earlier this week.

The ONLY blessing - this should open management eyes up that Fangio, Shurmur & co. aren't the answer.   You can't face a team in disarray like the Raiders at HOME and get boat raced like this.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

The team looks like they’re just barely going through the motions, look totally disconnected, uninterested, unenthused. 

And going into this game we had a winning record and we’re facing the archrival. No one cares. No one plays.

When the “leadership” of this (once) proud franchise lowered expectations to the Montfort-like level of mediocrity, the die was cast.

The results today should not surprise anyone. 

It's funny cause now the mantra that you've been harping on about "playing meaningful football in November" would now be the worst thing possible for this team. The sad part is, we still could be. Our schedule is still one of the easiest in the NFL despite this upcoming stretch. 

Also we are kinda damned if we do damned if we don't cause this year's QBs look awful. I actually think Patton still did the best thing though after watching the Packers game. Fields looks like Lock that can actually run which is still bad. We are just in a tough spot. Maybe we go ahead and trade Sutton and Fant and get some 2nds or 3rds, scrap the coaching staff, and see what can happen with drafting actual defensive players and hope the draft class is better in 2023

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

It's funny cause now the mantra that you've been harping on about "playing meaningful football in November" would now be the worst thing possible for this team. The sad part is, we still could be. Our schedule is still one of the easiest in the NFL despite this upcoming stretch. 

Also we are kinda damned if we do damned if we don't cause this year's QBs look awful. I actually think Patton still did the best thing though after watching the Packers game. Fields looks like Lock that can actually run which is still bad. We are just in a tough spot. Maybe we go ahead and trade Sutton and Fant and get some 2nds or 3rds, scrap the coaching staff, and see what can happen with drafting actual defensive players and hope the draft class is better in 2023

The bright spot is week 6 and we’re off to the races for a top 10 draft pick, possible top 5 @ 3-14?

Edited by The Helicopter

What’s Sutton doing celebrating that? Now his team his down by 2 scores instead of 3? What a selfish, me-first POS. The few times a year that he is healthy, he disappoints, he makes one play in garbage time and dances around like he made a game-winning score? What a selfish POS. Hope he doesn’t hurt his vagina before he gets paid. 

5 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

The bright spot is week 6 and we’re off to the races for a top 10 draft pick, possible top 5 @ 3-14?

Again to my point though, I'd rather trade the pick in that scenario unless there's a generational defensive player (I don't think there is). I don't want any of the "top" QBs this year