BDL 2017 Week 8: Camden Hood Rats @ Gotham Gashslayers

Whicker

Camden Hood Rats @ Gotham Gashslayers  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Gotham Gashslayers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2017 at 02:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 7: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Camden Hood Rats

QB- Eli Manning
RB- Devonta Freeman
WR- Paul Richardson
WR- Nelson Agholor
TE- Evan Engram
TE- David Njoku
LT- Tyron Smith
LG- Joel Bitonio
C- Wesley Johnson
RG- Ronald Leary
RT- La'El Collins

----------------------------------

RB- Duke Johnson Jr
RB- Eddie Lacy
WR- Cole Beasley
WR- Brice Butler
WR- Leonte Carroo
TE- Virgil Green
OL- Ethan Pocic
OL- Cedric Ogbuehi

DE- Chandler Jones
DT- Akiem Hicks
DT- Grady Jarrett
DE- Yannick Ngakoue
LB- Vontaze Burfict
LB- Anthony Barr
LB- Mychal Kendricks
CB- Kevin Johnson
CB- T.J. Carrie
S- Kevin Byard
S- Jamal Adams

-----------------------------------

DE-Solomon Thomas
DT- Sheldon Richardson
DT- David Irving
CB- Kayvon Webster
CB- Darqueze Dennard
CB- Kyle Fuller
LB- Reggie Ragland
S- George Iloka

Gotham Gashslayers

QB - Carson Wentz

RB - Doug Martin

WR - Demaryius Thomas

WR - Jarvis Landry

TE - Vernon Davis

TE - Luke Wilson

LT - Jake Matthews

LG - Matt Slauson

C - Maurkice Pouncey

RG - Shaq Mason

RT - Mitchell Schwartz

RB - Derrick Henry

RB - Jacquizz Rodgers

WR - Breshad Perriman

WR - Amara Darboh

QB - Matthew Stafford

OL - AJ Cann

OL - Andrus Peat

EDGE - Leonard Floyd

INT - Bennie Logan

INT Muhammad Wilkerson

EDGE - Ziggy Ansah

MLB - Bernardrick McKinney

WLB - Reuben Foster

SS/SLB -  Kam Chancellor

CB - Xavier Rhodes

CB - Josh Norman

S - Justin SImmons

S - Eric Reid

CB - Jourdan Lewis

CB- Rasul Douglas

LB - Zach Cunningham

LB - Antonio Morrison

INT - Austin Johnson

INT - Vernon Butler

EDGE - Charles Harris

EDGE - Marcus Smith

Camden Hood Rats

Offense
Last week Gotham took the coward way out and barely tried because he was missing two of his best defenders. We're sure they'll be well rested this week and give a little bit of effort.

Attack the edges- Like the last couple weeks, we're going to use our RB's as a conductor for this offense. We've got a very athletic offensive line, so sweeps and tosses, run plays with lineman pulling to get extra big blockers on smaller players in space is what we're looking for here.  We think we can attack Floyd and a hobbled Ansah today.

PA and double moves- Playing off the first key in our offense, the run game and Gotham's DE's. With establishing the run, we should be able to get the aggressive CB's of Gotham to bite, and giving Agholor and Richardson some potential shots deep down the field. Another part of our first key was Floyd and Ansah, two guys we feel our tackles match up well with, especially given that if Ansah isn't playing the New York Giants, he's basically invisible. This should give Eli plenty of time to work in double moves (again working on the aggression of his corners) to get some players open today.

Big Slot formation- We'll be using our 'big slot' formations a decent amount today. Engram and/or Njoku flexed out wide plenty today. This forces Gotham to brings they're best big defenders down and force them outside of the box, so they and focus less on the run, which helps us in our first key of being run focused. This also gives us a blocking advantage on the edges with Njoku and Engram being responsible for blocking out safeties and corners instead of defensive lineman. 

Defense
Gotham has a couple options at QB today, I'm assuming they'll be smart and put Wentz in the lineup, but our game plan will remain the same either way.

Base 4-3- We'll prepare for our base 4-3 formation today because I think Gotham's best chance is to power ahead with the run to protect their QB, and then work the pass off of that. We've got a defense full of dependable run stoppers even in our nickel formation, so being prepared with an extra LB in the starting lineup just in case Gotham wants to go 2 TE, run heavy sets most of the game.

Cover 3- Whether Gotham comes out slinging it or running it, our coverage will be a cover 3. This gives us the ability to keep everything short, because we don't respect Gotham's ability to get deep consistently. Most of their players do their damage in the short/intermediate part of the field, so the cover 3 scheme gives us a way to keep a safety close enough to the LOS to help against the run, and our LB's working that intermediate part of the field to clog up Gotham's preferred passing lanes.

OFFENSE - 2 WR/2 TE/RB

Its Carson Wentz Time!  Carson Wentz has been sitting patiently on the sideline behind Stafford, but we have decided now is the time to turn to the future and see what he’s got.  With MVP caliber play, we feel he gives us the best chance to win and we give him free reign over this offense.  A few ways we will take advantage of the Hood Rats:

-Attack the boundaries against a weak group of cornerbacks.  With the strength of Camden’s secondary in their safeties, we will target Thomas and Landry on the outside, preventing Byard and Adams from impacting the intermediate range of the field.  Later in the game if we see these 2 cheating up or jumping routes, we will run double move routes and try and beat them deep.

-We will work off of play action frequently.  Again the strength of Camden’s defense is up the middle and if we can freeze the safeties and linebackers and keep them off balance, we can target our tight ends in short areas or double moves up the seam, having Wentz timing throws before their breaks and creating opportunity for YAC.

-Although we have a strong run game, this is going to be the Carson Wentz show.  We will of course use both Martin and Henry to pound the rock, but it will not be our focus as we don’t feel the need to control the clock and preserve our defense.  Camden’s offense isn’t going to have enough success for that to be a concern.

DEFENSE - 43 Heavy Nickel

Camden’s offense has been depleted by injury and trades, but we feel they still have some firepower that needs to be accounted for.  One advantage the Rats have is their ability to mix and match, creating flexibility and potential matchup advantages.  We have the personnel to counter this though and here are some of the ways we will combat Eli and Friends.

-Our base is designed to stop the run and eliminate their tight ends from moving the chains;  having 3 safeties on the field allows us to have SImmons play center field while Reid and Chancellor draw coverage on Engram and Njoku.  McKinney and Foster will mostly play the run and play underneath coverage, but we will also blitz either of them on passing downs, as Eli has shown his inability to deal with pressure this year.

-We will play our typical man coverage on the outside with Rhodes on newly acquired Nelson Agholor with Josh Norman on Paul Richardson.  Against 3 wide sets, Jourdan Lewis replaces Reid and will handle slot duties.  This is the strength of our defense, so I would be surprised if Camden decides to attack the boundaries and deep areas, as that would likely result in turnovers.

-Our defensive line features 3 down players in Wilkerson, Floyd and Ansah, but we will rotate in Butler, Johnson and Smith from time to time to keep everyone fresh.  On third and long, Zach Cunningham will replace Logan, and we’ll have him SPY Freeman to prevent any checkdowns or designed screens to him from gaining chunk yardage.

8 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Gotham shuts down Camden's "passing" game and is able to get to Eli quite a bit and thus they should get the W.

You keep taking shots at my guys, but they've all been more productive than your pass catchers.

I agree with JLash that his pass catchers are not laughably bad, but they run into a couple of stud corners in this one and get shut down. I think Gotham's defense in general matchups up well with Camden's offense and they get the win.

Also, I believe the 49ers actually want Reid to play linebacker so I think it'd make more sense to have Reid as LB/SS and then Chancellor at SS. It's not a dealbreaker by any means though.

Easily the Madden game of the week 

Camden up 7 with 205 to go.  Gotham gets ball takes it down the field and gets a 5 yard Wentz to perriman pass as time expires.  Gotham gets the ball first to start ot but Wentz throws a pick to Carrie to set up the chip shot game winning fg.   

Camden 33-30 

Manning 21-30  256 2 td 1 Int 

Wentz  23-39  258  2 td 1 Int 

Freeman 38 for 172 

Eli 2 for 4 with a td 

Martin 24 for 91 td 

Richardson 5  67 

Engram 4 for 57 2 td 

Landry 9  71 1  td 

Perriman 6  75  1  td 

Byard 9 tack 

Carrie Int 

NORMAN Int 

Wilkerson 1 sack, forces fumble and recovery 

Mckinney 14 tack 

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I just don't see Eli doing much against that defense.  

No one ever loves my defense. 3 of my starting defensive lineman are in the top 11 in sacks, one of Pheltz starting OL has been on IR for over a week now, my FS is 2nd in the league in INT's and even though my corners aren't big names they've played solid this year. Plus my LB's are strong. 

Archived