Do the Steelers Win Two in a Row?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Sunday? Steelers or Seahawks

• Yes, They win again at home!
    • No, No Russell, no matter! Seahawks trip up Steelers

2019-steelers-vs-seahawks-768x337.jpg

Steelers 2-3 vs. Seahawks 2-3 

Sunday Night at Heinz Field 10/17/21 @ 8:20 pm

Series History Seahawks lead 10-9 including winning the last two games played against the Steelers

Last Meeting was when Big Ben Injured his shoulder and was spelled by Mason Rudolph. The Steelers defense hounded Russell Wilson early, but the Seahawks fought back, took control, and held on for a 28-26 win

29e3971c5033ff09bf3a011665e37353

Coach Mike Tomlin and Coach Pete Carrol are two Super Bowl winning coaches

Both have had highs and lows and have dealt with adversity, injuries and controversy.

This game may well be won in the preparation and on field adjustments against two teams

who match up well with one another.

db9ce1f1erde2ghp7pa3.jpg

Big Ben will need to continue to improve upon his play and decision making. He did not fare well

in his last meeting with Seattle before going down with elbow surgery.

nhzd2jbooyrhn39mb1md.jpg

Minkah Fitzpatrick and the Steelers secondary needs to step up its game as well. Steelers secondary are 

giving up long TD's and yardage through the air.

dn60j0in2uoba8btlm58.jpg

Defensive sacks and INT's have been hard to come by due to injuries and other factors. 

iahopu7kxwdbwl0g1hsl.jpg

Losing Tuitt and Tyson have hurt the defense and Cam could use some help up front.

hkvzl4unjujicpcurbua.jpg

Steelers are hoping Najee Harris is healthy enough to soar after posting his first 100 yard

rushing game against a stout Broncos defense.

sdtmtapjtv4phqowijui.jpg

Will it be smiles and hugs this Sunday for the second week in a row? Only if the Steelers

can run the ball, Ben makes better decisions (he avoided two potential INT's on bad passes and is still missing some others), and the defense can prevent Geno from doing a good Russell imitation. 

Geno-Smith.jpg

Prediction: I would probably be all over Seattle who has won the last two meetings and have always played the Steelers tough. I am hoping that because it is prime time Sunday night that the Steelers step up and play good football all around. I am not very confident in this team yet, but think that they do enough to survive Geno, DK, Chris and the Seahawk TE's(Everett and Dissley) who typically hurt the Steelers. I think Joe Schobert helps here, but potentially no Devon Bush on defense. This team never does anything easy, even when they dominate which is rarely. Steelers win two in a row (barely). Steelers hold on again over the Russell Wilson less Seahawks 27-23.

• Like 1

THIS. 

Im really excited to see what Claypool can do being more of the focal point of the passing game. The TD down the seam to him felt like a monkey was lifted off the back for the entire offense. 

Claypool and DJ compliment each other so well it’s insane, perfect example was DJ’s touchdown. No one loves Juju more than me but I really think him being out could open things up a bit for the offense. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Claypool and DJ compliment each other so well it’s insane, perfect example was DJ’s touchdown. No one loves Juju more than me but I really think him being out could open things up a bit for the offense. 

I think it's really going to open up what should have been happening - Claypool as the move piece and JuJu/Washington on as the Z. 

Claypool is not as dangerous as an outside, standalone receiver. I want to go back and watch the first few games, but that seems like what they wanted him to be. The old Ben Z, go stand on the left and stretch the field. Claypool doesn't win by himself in the NFL. Yes, he has 4.4 in shorts speed, but he doesn't play that fast. He doesn't have a full route tree. He doesn't separate well enough. But he is a tremendous weapon once you start moving him around. 

I love seeing them move Claypool and put defenders at decision. That second play is tremendous. Claypool shifts, the defense has to decide do we watch Claypool on our slot or stay above DJ? They take Claypool, Dj has one on one -- TD. 

That was the most modern our offense has looked. They had a lot of good route combos, putting defenders in conflict. Watch those first two plays in that clip. Play 1 there are multiple guys open and play 2 puts the safety in a situation he failed. 

Tomlin kinda made this connection earlier, but I think they are going to unlock Claypool as a really dangerous move TE, which honestly, might be his best type of skill set. If you put slot corners or LBers on him, you are toast. if you have safety help, DJ will kill you. We may have fallen into a really dangerous grouping, unfortunately for JuJu. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I really like Gentry. Dude is a tree, and he's a great blocker. Pretty smooth in the open field too. I expect pretty big things for him in the future. Obviously, I don't think he's Gronk or anything, but I think he'll make a really solid #2 for his career. Maybe better than Jesse James was as the #2. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I really like Gentry. Dude is a tree, and he's a great blocker. Pretty smooth in the open field too. I expect pretty big things for him in the future. Obviously, I don't think he's Gronk or anything, but I think he'll make a really solid #2 for his career. Maybe better than Jesse James was as the #2. 

He should be the #2 tight end right now imo.

Im so worried we are going to see more of Ebron with JuJu out. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

He should be the #2 tight end right now imo.

Im so worried we are going to see more of Ebron with JuJu out. 

I don't mind a little extra Ebron. He made a few tough catches the last couple weeks on third downs. I just hope we aren't relying on him too much. I think Claypool and Pat are going to be the biggest beneficiaries of JuJu's absence. 

speaking of Muth

I hope he starts getting some passes that go for more than 10 yards. feels like his last 5 or so catches have gone for like 25 yards total. Sea defense is apparently really bad, I hope to see some more explosive plays from the offense all round to build off last Sunday.

10 minutes ago, August4th said:

Genrty turning into a solid blocking number 2 TE would be so clutch for team building going forward as the offense plans to turn into run power team around Harris. We could set at the TE position for awhile with Pat/Genrty like we were with Heath/Matt Spaeth

This. With us being a power running team now, Ebron should never be in there to block over Gentry. I’m fine with using him for a handful of snaps in the red zone.

5 hours ago, DR43 said:

Any decent chance Russel Wilson becomes steelers QB next year like all the rumors suggest?

Last year Russ apparently had that list of teams he wanted to play for…and the Steelers were not on it. Maybe things changed, but that list also included the Cowboys and the Raiders who had established QBs so I’m not sure the open position was what interested him. 

I think market size and off field opportunities are going to entice him. Unfortunately, that wouldn’t be Pittsburgh. 

10 hours ago, DR43 said:

Any decent chance Russel Wilson becomes steelers QB next year like all the rumors suggest?

Literally havent seen a single rumor about Russ to Pittsburgh...just speculation about Rodgers to Pittsburgh.

With the Steelers needing a QB next year, Im sure there will be alot of speculation about many different QBs going to the Steelers.