2021 Week Six GDT Steelers vs. Seahawks

Do the Steelers Win Two in a Row?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Sunday? Steelers or Seahawks

• Yes, They win again at home!
    • No, No Russell, no matter! Seahawks trip up Steelers

13 hours ago, DR43 said:

Any decent chance Russel Wilson becomes steelers QB next year like all the rumors suggest?

I’m not sure his wife would approve of move to Pittsburgh. She probably wants them in LA, NY, Vegas, Dallas, Chicago etc. 

Kaboly suggest Ray-Ray as the best option to replace JuJu in the slot. Not a fan, he’s fine for a few screens and gadget plays but I don’t really trust him as a full-time receiver yet. 

Really hoping it’s more of a mix of Claypool and ‘Muth. 

• Like 1

If Tua does not improve he will be on the market/released.  Bridgewater and Dalton are two others that might be on the market.  I would not expect the Steelers to trade for Rogers or Wilson

I think Teddy would be the perfect bargain QB for a Canada offense. Obviously an elite QB would be the best, but Teddy fits the mold pretty well for Canada. Good accuracy, good intermediate passing, not a lot of turnovers, does better with a good run game. 

This is kinda unchartered territory for us, so I could really see us doing, well....anything. I don't know that I would say anything is off the table. My instincts for how this team has always operated say its going to be a mid-level type guy and a draft pick.  But the teams overall desire to continually push to be relevant  and win NOW say we could make a bigger push for a Rodgers type guy. 

While we have NEVER made a move like that in the past, the league was NEVER as built around the QB and offense as it is since we have had Big Ben. It's a different world with a star QB -- these last few years should be proof of that. It's hard to say how the Steelers view filling the NEED at QB in this modern NFL when we flat out have not had to. 

The Steelers do not rebuild, so does taking a lower level guy like Bridgewater make sense when you know he isn't the guy? The Steelers also do not waste $$ and draft assets on older players, so does that eliminate a Rodgers? I can honestly see them making a 3 year super bowl run with Rodgers the same as I can see them taking Teddy, Tyrod, or Dalton and building a better core. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

The Steelers do not rebuild, so does taking a lower level guy like Bridgewater make sense when you know he isn't the guy?

I don't think that's a certainty. I think this team is a SB contender if we had Teddy this year. 

My gut tells me that the Steelers plan to roll with Rudolph in '22, with an outside chance they go with Haskins (depends on his development). Then, they'll probably look to bring in a vet like Chase Daniel, Chad Henne, or Colt McCoy. Someone who has been in the league, but not a real threat to challenge for QB1.

OTOH, the Steelers could look at Trubisky or Mariota to challenge Rudolph for QB1, and kick Haskins to the curb.

Obviously, depending on draft position they could bring in a rookie, but I suspect the Steelers are drafting in the low teens/early 20s.

And of course, there's the option to bring back Ben for one more year, but I see that as highly unlikely.

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't think that's a certainty. I think this team is a SB contender if we had Teddy this year. 

I don't agree. I think a lot has to go right to win with Teddy. Guys on that Tier 1 level like A-A-Ron make up for shortcomings. We kinda saw that Sunday. Rogers 9 outta 10 times beats us in that final drive while Teddy threw the pick to end it. 

If you bring in Teddy, we need to maintain the defense while adding a second corner + have our offensive line plans work out. With Aaron, we could probably go as is and be okay. The good news about that is a move to Bridgewater allows you the cap and the draft assets to build it. But it still comes at the cost of everything needing to work. 

I think Teddy will steady a ship, but Rodgers would add a rocket to it. When it comes to the playoffs and clutch games, I would trust Aaron to go punch for punch with Mahomes or Allen, I wouldn't expect the same from Teddy. The decision is probably close to 6 of 1, half dozen of the other....but I would always pick Aaron if I had to win right now over Teddy. 

20 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

but I would always pick Aaron if I had to win right now over Teddy. 

Well, yeah of course. I would too. I think we'd be a lot better with Teddy than Ben. Teddy knows his limits and plays within a system. Ben doesn't.

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think youre really overrating Bridgewater....or at least his ability to operate behind our offensive line and continue his high level of play throughout the season and into the playoffs.

He'd give is a better chance than Ben, but that's not saying much.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think we have a good chance at A-rod or Wilson if they become available. Den and Miami seem like the only AFC teams that would be in that race with us(maybe LV? but that would open the door for Carr and we have a history with dealing with them) and I think GB/Sea would rather send these guys to the AFC. although the Eagles with 3 1st RD picks will have the best offer by far. I really hope both of these guys become available to increase our chances in landing a top 5 QB next yr.

Edited by August4th
3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Well, yeah of course. I would too. I think we'd be a lot better with Teddy than Ben. Teddy knows his limits and plays within a system. Ben doesn't.

I agree that Teddy would be better than Ben right now, but if we are talking totally impact I just think its a giant leap from Bridgewater to Rodgers. 

I think they would need to weight the choices of cost vs impact. With Rodgers, you probably trade a first rounder (at least, but let's just stay there for a second) and pay him $30M. With Bridgewater, you pay $20M and spend the extra $10M and the first round pick on a OL and a CB. I still think Aaron has a greater impact because you need everything else to work out with Teddy. 

My overall thoughts are just that the Steelers do tend to be conservative, but they ALWAYS value winning above everything else. We have never seen how they respond in a post Ben, Modern day NFL....So it just wouldn't surprise me if they if they went hard at a guy like Aaron. But I do think Teddy would be a good option to Bridge the cap (get it? okay, I'll see myself out). 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I agree that Teddy would be better than Ben right now, but if we are talking totally impact I just think its a giant leap from Bridgewater to Rodgers. 

I think they would need to weight the choices of cost vs impact. With Rodgers, you probably trade a first rounder (at least, but let's just stay there for a second) and pay him $30M. With Bridgewater, you pay $20M and spend the extra $10M and the first round pick on a OL and a CB. I still think Aaron has a greater impact because you need everything else to work out with Teddy. 

My overall thoughts are just that the Steelers do tend to be conservative, but they ALWAYS value winning above everything else. We have never seen how they respond in a post Ben, Modern day NFL....So it just wouldn't surprise me if they if they went hard at a guy like Aaron. But I do think Teddy would be a good option to Bridge the cap (get it? okay, I'll see myself out). 

No matter what they do at QB, the OL must be addressed in FA with at least 1 guy and a high draft pick....that’s assuming 1-2 of the current guys like Dotson/Banner/Moore/Green/Chuks work out plus depth on the OL.

57 minutes ago, August4th said:

maybe LV? but that would open the door for Carr and we have a history with dealing with them

An interesting part of the whole Gruden news is that I would almost guarantee that it locks Carr into LV. Grudens fascination with QB's always made a move in play. 

Carr on a per 16 game average the last 4 years is 68% completion, 4169 yards, 23 TD to 9 INTs. Like....gimme.