Jump to content

Has The Bears Offense Finally Found It's Idenity?


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'll be shocked if we aren't a bottom 10 offense. Either way though, if Fields is progressing I will be happy with the season. We don't need to go to the postseason just to play like trash for a 3rd time, unless that is the final nail in Nagy's coffin. 

Just where they'll end up ranked...that's hard for me to say. There will be a lot more ups and downs, no matter what. And if Fields doesn't progress like I'm thinking he will, then all bets are off. On everything, pretty much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Just where they'll end up ranked...that's hard for me to say. There will be a lot more ups and downs, no matter what. And if Fields doesn't progress like I'm thinking he will, then all bets are off. On everything, pretty much. 

I think we need to get away from tye argument "if Fields progresses keep Nagy" I think the fact Fields has looked significantly better running what Lazor is asking him to run rather than what Nagy was tells you how much Nagy has to do with his development...now of course he has a say in it and it would be nieve to say he doesn't...but I don't think for a second he is the biggest voice...

Not only that but if we lose to GB then Tampa even if Fields plays pretty well it just further backs up the argument that Nagy leads us to wins against teams we should be but against the good teams in the NFL we are no where...if that is the case what is the point of just continually being a middle of the road sneak into the playoffs every now and then sorta team? It's a waste of time and with brave franchises out there who will make big moves to bring success like the Bucs or Rams we will forever be also rans unless we start to demand more from top to bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think we need to get away from tye argument "if Fields progresses keep Nagy" I think the fact Fields has looked significantly better running what Lazor is asking him to run rather than what Nagy was tells you how much Nagy has to do with his development...now of course he has a say in it and it would be nieve to say he doesn't...but I don't think for a second he is the biggest voice...

Not only that but if we lose to GB then Tampa even if Fields plays pretty well it just further backs up the argument that Nagy leads us to wins against teams we should be but against the good teams in the NFL we are no where...if that is the case what is the point of just continually being a middle of the road sneak into the playoffs every now and then sorta team? It's a waste of time and with brave franchises out there who will make big moves to bring success like the Bucs or Rams we will forever be also rans unless we start to demand more from top to bottom.

I think Nagy should have been fired last season. He's done some staggeringly bad stuff. But if the Bears end up having a good season, or even a decent season, Nagy isn't going anywhere. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I think Nagy should have been fired last season. He's done some staggeringly bad stuff. But if the Bears end up having a good season, or even a decent season, Nagy isn't going anywhere. 

And that is the problem...we are too accepting of decent seasons...I have no issue at all with having a few decent or even bad seasons as long as we see progress from a head coach...these guys are all having to learn what is an extremely difficult and pressurised job...but can we honestly say Nagy has progressed since his first year? I don't see it...I see a guy who's ego is still way too big for his own good and if we lose 3 or 4 games in a row and the offence struggles I fully expect him to take back the playcalling like he did last season.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

And that is the problem...we are too accepting of decent seasons...I have no issue at all with having a few decent or even bad seasons as long as we see progress from a head coach...these guys are all having to learn what is an extremely difficult and pressurised job...but can we honestly say Nagy has progressed since his first year? I don't see it...I see a guy who's ego is still way too big for his own good and if we lose 3 or 4 games in a row and the offence struggles I fully expect him to take back the playcalling like he did last season.  

I'm not accepting anything Nagy has done in the recent past.

Spurious George and Teddy Bears do, though. And they call the shots. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm not accepting anything Nagy has done in the recent past.

Spurious George and Teddy Bears do, though. And they call the shots. 

Agree, I wanted him gone last year as well.

There are 32 spots for HCs in the NFL, they are highly compensated and it is a cutthroat role. Nagy has been average at best and so far offers nothing to us that 50 other NFL coaches could do that aren't HCs right now. Why keep ensured mediocrity? If we fired him and threw Pettine there, would we really lose anything?

If so it is minimal IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

If this is the identity of the offense, I am looking to go some where else. This is the same identity that they have always had and basically gone no where with.

Sir we are averaging 0.3 more ppg than we did for the 2017 season. I mean if you look at the fact we have a better QB, RB, 4 WRs that would have been the 1 in 2017, and assuming we are at a negative for Miller being better than Kmet - that we are better by AT LEAST 0.3 ppg

 

Nagy was set to score even less than Loggains with a joke of an offense. If not for Lazor we would be on pace for the lowest ppg in this century. (13.3 vs 2000's 13.5)

 

Now obviously I expected the offense to make a jump even if Nagy was the playcaller, but still.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...