#EmailGate

NYRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Not sure starting this when the mods just barely locked the other one is a good idea. I know you're starting a more general/broad topic on the issue, but starting it this soon comes off as kind of defiant. 

This story will literally define the national football league for years to come. This is a football discussion forum. Can we not discuss it without being extra, personal, or insulting? 

• Like 2

As I said in another thread, I'm not condoning what Gruden did in any way. He's a moron and deserved what happened to him. However, a leak on Gruden and not Snyder or anyone in the Washington organization is laughable. 

This just shows me and clear to me that Goodell authorized these leaks behind the scenes. No doubt it came from the league. Gruden poked and angered the bear. He talked trash and insulted Goodell at every turn. This was Goodell's chance to easily get rid of him, and just deal with the PR mess afterwards. 

Obviously, Snyder hasn't poked the bear. And also, money wields power. 

Life lesson, don't talk bad about your god damn boss, even if they suck. They will find a way to get rid of you without any ramifications. Oh, and try to be a good person in general. 

Edited by BayRaider

It's not going to happen. The NFL will protect itself.

There's a 250 page report still available online about some deflated footballs, yet they don't actually release any public findings from an 11 month investigation that spanned 10 years about a toxic work environment with some very credible and deplorable accusations for a franchise?

Yeah, this is going nowhere. The NFL will never release that info.

• Like 2

As I said in another thread, I'm not condoning what Gruden did in any way. He's a moron and deserved what happened to him. However, a leak on Gruden and not Snyder or anyone in the Washington organization is laughable. 

This just shows me and clear to me that Goodell authorized these leaks behind the scenes. No doubt it came from the league. Gruden poked and angered the bear. He talked trash and insulted Goodell at every turn. This was Goodell's chance to easily get rid of him, and just deal with the PR mess afterwards. 

Obviously, Snyder hasn't poked the bear. And also, money wields power. 

This isn't even about Jon Gruden anymore. This is an entire different conversation, the NFL has 650,000 emails containing information that could potentially tank every single franchise in the league and is refusing to release it.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

This isn't even about Jon Gruden anymore. This is an entire different conversation, the NFL has 650,000 emails containing information that could potentially tank every single franchise in the league and is refusing to release it.

I was talking about the situation in general as well. Washington specifically. Gruden was clearly targeted (likely by Goodell). Because Gruden was talking trash about NFL high ups like Goodell. I'm not saying Gruden is a victim, he's not, and deserved what happened to him. But he was indeed clearly specifically targeted. 

I just want to know what genius on the NFL's PR team thought it'd be a bright idea to start leaking the emails 5 weeks into the first season with fans back in stadiums after the league just took massive losses last year due to no fans. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

I was talking about the situation in general as well. Washington specifically. Gruden was clearly targeted (likely by Goodell). Because Gruden was talking trash about NFL high ups like Goodell. I'm not saying Gruden is a victim, he's not, and deserved what happened to him. But he was indeed clearly specifically targeted. 

100%. Gruden got what he deserved for the things that he said over an extended period of time. But it takes two to tango, if Jon was so comfortable to be using that language over the course of hundreds of emails, other parties had to have been encouraging it and participating as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, thrILL! said:

giphy.gif

Maybe not voluntarily but somebody took down Facebook so who knows who might try to leak them?

Oh, they might have a whistleblower at some point, sure. Hopefully someone with a moral compass that's not afraid to lose their job. But the NFL will not voluntarily give up the info from that investigation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Oh, they might have a whistleblower at some point, sure. Hopefully someone with a moral compass that's not afraid to lose their job. But the NFL will not voluntarily give up the info from that investigation.

Jon Gruden needs to man up and just let the flood gates open. He's already canceled and out of the NFL fraternity, hell he was even kicked out of the Buccaneers ring of fame (Lol), might as well sink the whole ship.