It's Packer Week! Week 6 Gameday Thread

soulman

On 10/13/2021 at 7:54 PM, Sugashane said:

Against us I don't see why the Packers wouldn't be in base for most downs. We do little to threaten a team vertically so the safeties can sit back and the LBs can focus on Williams/Herbert and squat in zone. I'd never touch a dime package and wouldn't be in nickel unless it was 3rd and 6+ (or if they went 4 wide)

That being said, every coach wants to be the next genius it seems so why be logical. lol

We don't play dime anymore under Barry and we've shown a bear front a couple times this season.

• Like 1

I like Herbert's vision, but I'm skeptical about his physicality  and athleticism to be the feature back right now... Hopefully I'm wrong about that, but as I said during the game vs raiders, Herbert needs to train with Monty during the offseason. The gains Monty made year to year have been really apparent, and Herbert can be something very special as a compliment to, or even replacement for Monty, if he can make a similar transformation. 

Edited by Epyon

This is one of those games where we could shock ever ourselves or we lose by at least two scores.  The latter is more likely but I'd rather see us taking a realistic shot at winning for once then to see us play to not lose.....which we will if that's the plan.

• Like 2

Hoge and Jahns discussed LaFluer and didn’t give him credit because Rodgers.

i think that is unfair.  GB and Rodgers were on significant decline prior to LaFluer. I think he should have been coach of year last year.  Was he?  I don’t even know LOL.  

I think LaFluer deserves significant credit to hit ground running way he has.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think LaFluer deserves significant credit to hit ground running way he has.  

He's a done a really good job, for sure. And outside of bungling the Rodgers situation last off-season, Gutekunst has been pretty solid too.