Jump to content

It's Packer Week! Week 6 Gameday Thread


Recommended Posts

Today is simply the reality of where we are and always will be until Matt Nagy is gone...nothing surprised me at all about this game...the drive at the end of the first half is Nagy personified...we will consistently lose to good teams in this league.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if its all about developing Fields I say he is not ready for prime time yet.  He's still not seeing open receivers, still holding the ball too long, still throwing passes he shouldn't be.  Yes the one INT should have been a free play but who was he throwing to?  Seeing some good things but regardless of the play calling Fields needs to do more with what he is being given.

Edited by Bfan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick look at our schedule and I'm not seeing too many wins.

3-3 heading to TB more than likely means 3-4.

The Niners is a 50/50 game with the way they're playing. 

I'm not betting on our offense vs the Steelers defense, especially at Heinz Field.

There's no way we beat the Ravens

We can beat the Lions at least.

The Cardinals are playing too good to beat them.

The Packers at home is a win.....for them

The Vikings are beatable but I would guess we split

The Seahawks would win by 2 possessions.

We can beat the Giants.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2021 at 11:24 PM, Sugashane said:

Packers win, 24-13

 

I was one point off.

Hot start but like usual we can't maintain momentum or adjust. Whether by calls, missing open throws, trash perimeter blocking, or one OL doing a random horrendous job. Its just a mediocre team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty good overall showing by the Bears. They had a legit shot.

Some thoughts:

--Jaylen Johnson went from bad to beyond putrid today, and is clearly a liability to the defense. His combination of confusion and lack of effort on that 40 yard catch and run by Adams in the fourth is completely unacceptable. He needs to be benched. Immediately. Hopefully, the fact that Crawford played a fair amount today indicates such a move is coming. 

--Eddie Jackson! Wow! He actually had a pretty good game today. Totally unexpected. How cool is that?

--Not playing Tonga was a mistake. As was cutting down on the number of snaps Trevis Gipson got (as compared to the last two games).

--WAY too many dropped catchable balls. I'm not going to claim that Fields played a perfect game otherwise...but there were--what?--five drops of catchable balls, something like that?

--Garbage refereeing again. Not giving the Bears a timeout when Fields clearly signaled for one is something that should be referred to the league offices. (Not they ever doing anything constructive with officiating complaints, but still...) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

--Jaylen Johnson went from bad to beyond putrid today, and is clearly a liability to the defense. His combination of confusion and lack of effort on that 40 yard catch and run by Adams in the fourth is completely unacceptable. He needs to be benched. Immediately. Hopefully, the fact that Crawford played a fair amount today indicates such a move is coming. 

--Eddie Jackson! Wow! He actually had a pretty good game today. Totally unexpected. How cool is that?

The 40 yard catch looked like a busted coverage. Jaylon was clearly looking to pass him off to Jackson and Jackson was out of place.

this like the 4th busted coverage this season and I can't remember the last time I've seen this many in a single season.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's honestly hard to know what to think about this game. 

I was expecting us to lose, and the game was close, probably closer than I'd have thought, but it still felt bad. 

I had zero faith in overcoming a 10 point deficit offensively. Zero. Herbert was running like a mad man, and Fields' numbers ARE improving every week, but the offense still felt completely irrelevant. 

Defensively we held Rodgers to less points than I expected, and even held Adams to less receiving yards than expected, but overall it still felt like a major let down. 

 

The concern is how to fix things going forward. GB was down their two starting corners today, and still our passing game was anemic at best. Is wr our team's biggest need now, even above replacing the absolute bum that is Mustipher? It's hard to say... No one is getting open, or on the same page as fields and it needs to get fixed

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The 40 yard catch looked like a busted coverage. 

Maybe? You might be right about that...but there was no one near Johnson for him to pick up, was there? Then, as Johnson spun back and figured out what was happening, he pursued Adams with something that could be charitably termed, "less than full speed". Then, he paused, pulled up, before continuing to get after Adams "less than full speed". 

Just awful. He doesn't have a clue what he's doing out there. It needs to end. If Johnson ends up not being a bust I'll be completely stunned.

And I was one of his biggest defenders on this forum. No more. 

He sucks. 

Edited by Heinz D.
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Fields has gotta get rid of the ball and live to see another down.

Now they are way out of did position on a 4th in long. Just a killer man.

He needs to have better awareness.  They're still in this game with a FG...now the game is done 

I should follow up on this. After seeing the replay it's clear that Fields has no one to throw to because for some reason the play caller has every WR route going way down field on a slow developing play.

Who the hell draws up a play like that on 3rd down when you only need a few yards to get into manageable field goal range to make it a one possession game? It's  idiotic.

That being said Fields could have easily thrown the ball away and not taken the sack..but if he got through Kenny Clarks grasp then he likely would have gained big yardage on the ground.

Either way the play call was still ridiculous...as even Greg Olsen pointed out on the broadcast 

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

The concern is how to fix things going forward. GB was down their two starting corners today, and still our passing game was anemic at best. Is wr our team's biggest need now, even above replacing the absolute bum that is Mustipher? It's hard to say... No one is getting open, or on the same page as fields and it needs to get fixed

Well...catchable balls need to be caught, for one thing. That'd be a good start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Maybe? You might be right about that...but there was no one near Johnson for him to pick up, was there? Then, as Johnson spun back and figured out what was happening, he pursued Adams with something that could be charitably termed, "less than full speed". Then, he paused, pulled up, before continuing to get after Adams "less than full speed". 

Just awful. He doesn't have a clue what he's doing out there. It needs to end. If Johnson ends up not being a bust I'll be completely stunned.

And I was one of his biggest defenders on this forum. No more. 

He sucks. 

I'm not gonna be too hard on Jaylon. He's playing pretty damn good this season and he was shadowing one of the best WRs in the league today and held him to 3 catches for 49 yards and 0 Tds (if you don't count the broken coverage).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I should follow up on this. After seeing the replay it's clear that Fields has no one to throw to because for some reason the play caller has every WR route going way down field on a slow developing play.

Who the hell draws up a play like that on 3rd down when you only need a few yards to get into manageable field goal range to make it a one possession game? It's  idiotic.

That being said Fields could have easily thrown the ball away and not taken the sack..but if he got through Kenny Clarks grasp then he likely would have gained big yardage on the ground.

Either way the play call was still ridiculous...as even Greg Olsen pointed out on the broadcast 

I said this earlier in the thread...how do you create an offence for a rookie QB that doesn't have levels? It is a basic concept that ever scheme should have...why you run so many deep routes with nothing coming underneath in the middle of the field is beyond me and only goes to show that this staff shouldn't be in a ajob.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Pretty good overall showing by the Bears. They had a legit shot.

Some thoughts:

--Jaylen Johnson went from bad to beyond putrid today, and is clearly a liability to the defense. His combination of confusion and lack of effort on that 40 yard catch and run by Adams in the fourth is completely unacceptable. He needs to be benched. Immediately. Hopefully, the fact that Crawford played a fair amount today indicates such a move is coming. 

--Eddie Jackson! Wow! He actually had a pretty good game today. Totally unexpected. How cool is that?

--Not playing Tonga was a mistake. As was cutting down on the number of snaps Trevis Gipson got (as compared to the last two games).

--WAY too many dropped catchable balls. I'm not going to claim that Fields played a perfect game otherwise...but there were--what?--five drops of catchable balls, something like that?

--Garbage refereeing again. Not giving the Bears a timeout when Fields clearly signaled for one is something that should be referred to the league offices. (Not they ever doing anything constructive with officiating complaints, but still...) 

Agree with most except Eddie Jackson having a good game and JJ being a bad player. I don't know if you're actually serious on JJ. He's a really good young player who had a down game today against one of the better WRs in the game. What's your gripe against him?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm not gonna be too hard on Jaylon. He's playing pretty damn good this season and he was shadowing one of the best WRs in the league today and held him to 3 catches for 49 yards and 0 Tds (if you don't count the broken coverage).

Yeah I don't get the hate for Johnson...AT ALL...dude had one poor play where he stopped his feet but in reality got put on an island using outside leverage when Adams released inside on a slant...99 CBs out of 100 in the NFL are beat on that play...Johnson is the least of our concerns.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I said this earlier in the thread...how do you create an offence for a rookie QB that doesn't have levels? It is a basic concept that ever scheme should have...why you run so many deep routes with nothing coming underneath in the middle of the field is beyond me and only goes to show that this staff shouldn't be in a ajob.

This offense blows. It always has the moment Nagy took over this job as HC.

I can't stand it anymore. Please make it stop someone 🙏

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...